Liverpool V Crystal Palace - Sunday 23rd Nov 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:21 am

As we are away from home I'd like to see us give this side a go, Balotelli was at the Bellew fight last night at the Echo Arena so it doesn't look like he's travelled with the squad and I'm not convinced by Lambert or Borini, I don't think either of them deserves a place in the starting XI ATM. Personally I'd give Sterling a go up front, he's very versatile, makes intelligent runs and I think he could do a similar job for us that Walcott does for Arsenal.
Markovic and Toure didn't deserve to be dropped for the Chelsea game after their performances in the Bernebeu so I'd give them a chance to show us what they can do as well. We are only 4 weeks out from Christmas so this bad run is more than a blip, after going so close last season it's almost unbelievable that we find ourselves just 4 points outside the bottom 3 at this stage of the season but that is exactly where we are, we need to shake things up and return this club to a meritocracy, too many players get given a shirt week in week out no matter how shyte they play.

Mingolet

Manquillo               Toure              Skrtel              Moreno

Lucas              Can

Lallana            Coutinho            Markovic

Sterling
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:21 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:21 am wrote:As we are away from home I'd like to see us give this side a go, Balotelli was at the Bellew fight last night at the Echo Arena so it doesn't look like he's travelled with the squad and I'm not convinced by Lambert or Borini, I don't think either of them deserves a place in the starting XI ATM. Personally I'd give Sterling a go up front, he's very versatile, makes intelligent runs and I think he could do a similar job for us that Walcott does for Arsenal.
Markovic and Toure didn't deserve to be dropped for the Chelsea game after their performances in the Bernebeu so I'd give them a chance to show us what they can do as well. We are only 4 weeks out from Christmas so this bad run is more than a blip, after going so close last season it's almost unbelievable that we find ourselves just 4 points outside the bottom 3 at this stage of the season but that is exactly where we are, we need to shake things up and return this club to a meritocracy, too many players get given a shirt week in week out no matter how shyte they play.

Mingolet

Lucas              Can

Sterling

I think you're losing the plot quicker than Rodgers in looking for answers.

Not fielding a striker, Sterling isn't one and never will be, fielding the likes of Moreno and Skrtel too after recent performances Moreno especially who's struggled in every game except one... is also confusing but your insistance on Markovic's "performance" against Madrid is a bit odd... The lad is so far out of his depth at the moment he worries me. He doesn't even look a player in  any way, I don't actually think I've applauded one passage of play from him yet 10 games into his anfield career and to point to Madrid is any kind of performance is clutching at straws, the lad was woeful. He carried the ball over 40 yards twice all match, big deal... Personally I expect a little more from a player.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:38 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:21 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:21 am wrote:As we are away from home I'd like to see us give this side a go, Balotelli was at the Bellew fight last night at the Echo Arena so it doesn't look like he's travelled with the squad and I'm not convinced by Lambert or Borini, I don't think either of them deserves a place in the starting XI ATM. Personally I'd give Sterling a go up front, he's very versatile, makes intelligent runs and I think he could do a similar job for us that Walcott does for Arsenal.

Mingolet

Lucas              Can

Sterling

I think you're losing the plot quicker than Rodgers in looking for answers.

Not fielding a striker, Sterling isn't one and never will be, fielding the likes of Moreno and Skrtel too after recent performances Moreno especially who's struggled in every game except one... is also confusing but your insistance on Markovic's "performance" against Madrid is a bit odd... The lad is so far out of his depth at the moment he worries me. He doesn't even look a player in  any way, I don't actually think I've applauded one passage of play from him yet 10 games into his anfield career and to point to Madrid is any kind of performance is clutching at straws, the lad was woeful. He carried the ball over 40 yards twice all match, big deal... Personally I expect a little more from a player.

Your criticism of Skrtel and Moreno is laughable tbh especially when you are constantly banging the drum for Lovren and Enrique who have been far, far worse. I'd rather see us at least try something different than keep flogging the same dead horse week after week. Anyway I wouldn't worry yourself, Rodgers hasn't got the balls to drop your other hero Gerrard so it will be more of the same today.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:29 pm

Confirmed team

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Manquillo, Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Gerrard, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling, Lambert.

Substitutes: Jones, Toure, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Borini, Markovic.
Last edited by C-R on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:33 pm

I'd go with this:

Mignolet

Manquillo      Skrtel      Toure      Moreno

Lucas
                          Lallana                 Can

Coutinho

Lambert        Sterling

I think that Lucas and Toure deserve a chance after their cup and CL performances, especially considering how poor the players they should play instead of (Gerrard and Lovren) have been recently. Not denying that Moreno has been average recently as well (you'd struggle to find a player in our team who hasn't actually), but Enrique is no where near fit enough. We need to play Lambert because I've never liked the idea of playing without a striker, and I've put Sterling in there as well because I think we could use his pace and mobility up front, since Lambert has none of that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:35 pm

@ damjan193, a few of them not in the 11 mate sorry :(
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:36 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:29 pm wrote:Confirmed team

Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Manquillo, Johnson, Skrtel, Lovren, Gerrard, Allen, Lallana, Coutinho, Sterling, Lambert.

I guess I was a bit late with my opinion :D

Anyway, poor selection IMO. Looks like a standard 4-5-1 though, no complications at least. There's your "width" Stu, let's see how it goes.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:37 pm

Henderson not even in the squad, injury must be worst than thought
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:43 pm

ballotelliman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:09 am wrote:
Boocity » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:44 am wrote:Well he has to do something different, has to go with two strikers

Really well hes the manager and hes being doing what he wants for the past 3 months and that doesnt include 2 strikers in his book?  :no

guess i was right   :no
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Gerrard, Lovren and Johnson in the side again I see  :glare:
I can't even be @rsed watching the build up for this, the media are trying their best to make out that our title challenge hit the rocks last year at Selhurst Park when in reality the title was in effect already done and dusted by then. Chelsea was the moment we blew the title not Palace.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:38 pm wrote:
Your criticism of Skrtel and Moreno is laughable tbh especially when you are constantly banging the drum for Lovren and Enrique who have been far, far worse. I'd rather see us at least try something different than keep flogging the same dead horse week after week. Anyway I wouldn't worry yourself, Rodgers hasn't got the balls to drop your other hero Gerrard so it will be more of the same today.

Skrtel was average against Chelsea and did try, where Lovren had a poor game and made mistakes, I'm not at all sitting here saying Lovren has set the world alight, he has however shown used correctly, much like Balotelli they both would have something to offer and I think both would offer a considerable amount, both are quality footballers. So far, its happened for neither... but both have the ability as far as I'm concerned to play for this club and be good players.

Moreno has looked painfully out of his depth and as far and looked like a lost child. I'm concerned has been one of our worst performers in terms of tactically and technically I believe he offers little if nothing other than the ability to run fast. He's making mistakes which are unacceptable at championship level as Skrtel has done for a long period in a Liverpool shirt. infact, some of Moreno's mistakes so far have boarded on amateurish. I don't mind mistakes in third and fourth passages of play and am more than understanding of switch offs and general errors, but when you're a full back being caught in the 90th minute winning 1-0 as the furthest man forward thats not technical or tactical... thats something as a 14 year old amateur you know doesn't happen... let alone a 20 year old pro who is paid £70,000 a week... for mistakes like that there is absolutely no excuse. Then trying to control a ball on your weak foot away at Newcastle under pressure in the way he did costing us yet another three points, the City goals... this list is quite horrific and the lads only been here a couple of months. Not to mention he contributes generally very little in terms of general play and positional sense.

You then mention Enrique, and attach some blame to him... that is truely a baffling comment Yakka...  He's made two appearances and was wrongly slagged off in the QPR game for mistakes in third and fourth passages of play after not playing for a year, granted he didn't cover himself in glory, he had a bit of a mare, but it was his first game after a year out.... I'm as harsh as they come but a lad who's previously proven to be one of our better players is one I think deserves some slack under those circumstances... christ, I think even under those cirucmstances I'd give someone like Skrtel the benefit of the doubt.  Yet you're using him as an example of where we've gone wrong this season? Not to mention against Boro in his only other appearance he was as good as anyone on the pitch (not that he was brilliant as no-one was)... 2 games and he's one of the reasons we're struggling? if you mean by him not playing every week then I'd agree...

On Gerrard, again you make out like I think he should always be there he's perfect and whatever else. The reality is, I don't, but I still feel he's one of the better ones in a bad bunch. I said the other week, personally now, I'd like to see Allen have a go with Lucas, just to see how it looks.... it can't be any worse than what we've seen so far and Allen wasn't attrocious when he came on against Chelsea...

You're right about one thing though, Rodgers is to stupid to change, he's too stupid to use his better players properly and in a system that fits them rather than trying to make them play to a system. Any manager who's any good will tell you its impossible to name your system first, you pick your best players, then you're style, Rodgers insistance on doing it the wrong way round is forcing him into using every cog he has in the wrong way and not using any of his players strengths...

If I had a great finisher upfront, I'd ask him to finish, not run around like a headless chicken... if I had a great passer in midfield, I'd want him to try and pass the ball, not run after players and get left for dead... if I had a goalkeeper who's distribution was ***** poor, I wouldnt keep asking him to look for cute clever passes... none of it makes any sense and its all down to the man you support so vehnemently.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:13 pm

damjan193 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:36 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:29 pm wrote:Confirmed team

I guess I was a bit late with my opinion :D

Anyway, poor selection IMO. Looks like a standard 4-5-1 though, no complications at least. There's your "width" Stu, let's see how it goes.

If Coutinho plays left and Sterling right side I'd settle for that as at the minute thats the best we can play at the minute... Can should be given minutes depending on Allen's performance. Lucas and Toure should be in consideration at the minute and Enrique should be in for Mignolet, the rest of it I believe to be about right.

Still a sad state of affairs though.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:52 pm wrote:Gerrard, Lovren and Johnson in the side again I see  :glare:
I can't even be @rsed watching the build up for this, the media are trying their best to make out that our title challenge hit the rocks last year at Selhurst Park when in reality the title was in effect already done and dusted by then. Chelsea was the moment we blew the title not Palace.

Yay. you spoke sense... thats why you've been annoying me recently... not speaking enough of it... you must do better :D :buttrock
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:23 pm

Really hoping we impose ourselves from the off and put this game to bed with a few early goals. Last thing we need is a slow start with no real direction. Just ends up giving these weaker teams the confidence they need. Palace are not the same team under Warnock as they were under Pulis and look very leaky at the back and we just need to dispatch them, hopefully by a wide margin.
Doeboy

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Enrique for Mignolet ??

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games