Is Gerrard a "Problem" ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:13 pm

He's a decent sound player who with right players around him would do OK, just like the rest of the side, we need players who can define us and move us forward
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:22 am

lol yet another prem star using media about leaving anfield to get a better contract. i really dont get stevie on this one so another club may offer you 50 grand more per week and a year extra but its shouldnt be about that here. why hold your hometown club to ransom i dont get it. just sounds like greed to me. ive always thought theres 2 stevie gerrards the nice honest guy to the camera and then theres the behind the scenes gerrard who uses his powers to get things the way he wants maybe i wrong just guessing really.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:03 am

ballotelliman » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:22 pm wrote:lol yet another prem star using media about leaving anfield to get a better contract. i really dont get stevie on this one so another club may offer you 50 grand more per week and a year extra but its shouldnt be about that here. why hold your hometown club to ransom i dont get it. just sounds like greed to me. ive always thought theres 2 stevie gerrards the nice honest guy to the camera and then theres the behind the scenes gerrard who uses his powers to get things the way he wants maybe i wrong just guessing really.

You should read his autobiography. You'd be surprised at how unashamedly manipulative he can be.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:04 pm

Have to say....the England team looks much more balanced without Gerrard (and lampard). Individually Gerrard and Lampard are 2 of the greatest English midfielders in the last decade or so. But when the manager tries to shoe-horn them in the same team (especially at midfield)....the team suffers.

The exact same thing is happening to our team. Lucas, Can, Hendo, Allen are not 1/3 the player Gerrard was. But any of those 2 will bring more balance to our midfield.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:19 pm

Rodgers propensity for viewing Gerrard as 'indispensable' will come at a cost ,both for himself and the club ,likewise Johnson.
I personally couldn't give a flying f*ck where Gerrard ends up as long as its not with us ,its like having to endure a gangrenous
limb and being denied the surgery.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:31 am

The problem is he is the only real leader we've got.
Kopite-Jud

Postby alxy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:42 am

But has he still got that fire in him? Last few games we needed some real leadership from him. The old Gerrard would have grabbed things by the scruff of the neck and ***** everyone into shape. Last night, he didn't seem bothered. Almost as if he'd given up already. That reflected on the shots he took. Only about 1 came close to the target. Jedinak's freekick was the kind of kick that Gerrard himself would have been doing not too long back. So when Gerrard cannot play as well as he could and when he can no longer inspire, then it's time he sat out a few games. Might do him some good. Show that he is not indispensable and like everyone else, he still has to earn the right to pull on that shirt every game.
alxy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 pm

Djibril Cissé on Gerrard: "In Champions League at half-time he asked Benitez to leave the dressing room so he could talk to the players."

Djibril Cissé has revealed that Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard banished manager Rafa Benitez from the dressing room for part of the half time interval during one
Champions League game, telling reporters that the former England midfielder asked Benitez to leave for a moment so that he could address the players.

Cisse told French television that Gerrard made the request to Benitez, saying that he wanted to “talk to my team.” Liverpool’s 2005 Champions League win famously saw them head into the half-time interval 3-0 down, before coming out a different side in the second half to claw their way back to 3-3 and win on penalties.

Cisse was a substitute in that game, one of 82 appearances that he made for the Anfield club. Gerrard has been captain of the club since taking over from Sami Hyypia in 2003, holding the role for over a decade.

https://twitter.com/GFFNPressConf?original

Demeaning the manager in that manner is something Leeds players did to Brian Clough ,speaks volumes for why he manipulates Rodgers to the
extent of him playing every fucking game.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:57 pm

And what is wrong with that, it is very common for captains to be involved in team talks, seems like another desperate attempt to have a pop at Gerrard
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Fowler_E7 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:57 pm wrote:And what is wrong with that, it is very common for captains to be involved in team talks, seems like another desperate attempt to have a pop at Gerrard

Involved yes ,but undermining the manager to the extent of requesting he leave the room ,get the fuck !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:41 pm

I dont believe that happened for one minute personally.

Rafa was not the mind of manager that would allow a player to dictate to him, no chance.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:50 pm

Ben Patrick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:41 pm wrote:I dont believe that happened for one minute personally.

Rafa was not the mind of manager that would allow a player to dictate to him, no chance.

Although cutting out the conjecture and Cisse's subsequent revelations ,would you class it as debasing for a manager to be asked to leave the room by his captain Ben ?
I mean just what was so secret that Benitez's ears were denied  hearing ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:55 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:50 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:41 pm wrote:I dont believe that happened for one minute personally.

Although cutting out the conjecture and Cisse's subsequent revelations ,would you class it as debasing for a manager to be asked to leave the room by his captain Ben ?
I mean just what was so secret that Benitez's ears were denied  hearing ?

Of course I would.

It would be out of order.
However I dont think for one minute that it happened.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RedAnt » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Again I'd recommend his autobiography. Has a lot to say on a lot of things.
When the players came in at half time vs Milan, the Italians were singing. They thought the job was done. The team were depressed. Rafa sat quietly and allowed Gerrard to speak. Then, showing little emotion, Rafa whipped out the tactics board and went about it in his calm, professional manner.
Gerrard boasts quite a lot in his book and often comes across as a petulant kid who has no idea how lucky he is. I'd imagine if what RGB says had actually happened then Gerrard would have revelled in it.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:56 pm

I wish he would have fu'cked him off before the 2007 final
:down:
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion