JORDAN IBE - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:56 am

he wont be brought back this season just to shore up what might be dodgy signings in the summer.
i also think its a sad indication as to where we are headed if we are relying on academy prospects to bale us out, we have spent a lot of money and its already ridiculous that we still field lucas and borini.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:38 am

Interesting this, what the Derby fans are saying about Jordan Ibe

Adam Berry

Impressed with his pace and the way he has settled in so quickly. Will be a big player for us.

Andy Buckley-Taylor

Unbelievable on the ball, happy to take a player on – a match winner.

Joe Taylor

He needs to start.

Jason Hawkins

Excellent talent, constant threat but he looked pretty poor defensively. Don’t think he will feature in many away games.

Rob Helliwell

He is the type we’ve needed for a long time. Direct and a real talent, a quality capture.

Travis Comery

Fast on the ball, great attacking instinct. Just what Derby need.

Connor Walton

Always willing to take on his man, end product not bad at all but falls down on defending.

Neil Bates

Quick, strong, explosive winger – a player Derby have needed for a long time. Needs to start and will be a big player for us this season.

Christopher Bryon

He will go all the way to the top. Direct, pacey, he reminds me of Raheem Sterling. Liverpool are very lucky.

Steven

Direct, tricky, skilful, powerful, pacy – different to any other wide player we have. Need to see if he can do it consistently.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:58 pm

I believe he was outstanding the other night against Reading, Steve McLaren was waxing lyrical about him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:02 pm

Along with Raheem and Suso I think Ibe is the future for Liverpool

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:23 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:02 pm wrote:Along with Raheem and Suso I think Ibe is the future for Liverpool

I'm not sure why we loaned him out tbh, he's only 18 and he could have got plenty of game time here. With his pace and power he's the ideal impact sub.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Jordan has just put Derby ahead at Watford with a well taken goal.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:48 pm wrote:Jordan has just put Derby ahead at Watford with a well taken goal.

You have to wonder why did we go and get markovic when we had Ibe in our ranks ?  Why get lallana when we had suso ? Why loan out alberto, wisdom, llori..etc and replace them with players who are not that better than them (in some cases they seem to be worse off).

That's the major beef I have under rodger's era. We did this a few times under rafa and the king (aquaman for Alonso and Charlie freckin adam for meireles..etc). But those managers have bought well generally. And Rodgers ......  :no

I haven't even mentioned signing borini then sending him off for a loan and getting aspas to replace him ...... Then there is getting in sakho to get rid of agger....and then \lovern to replace sakho.

How about getting rid of Shelvey and signing alberto ...

I could go on and on.... We have lost so much money under Rodger's era. And you know who is gonna suffer the most ? The awesome group of youngsters we signed under Rafa and the King. Cos Rodgers is gonna loan them out so that he could play his average signings...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:29 pm

The_Rock » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:59 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:48 pm wrote:Jordan has just put Derby ahead at Watford with a well taken goal.

You have to wonder why did we go and get markovic when we had Ibe in our ranks ?  Why get lallana when we had suso ? Why loan out alberto, wisdom, llori..etc and replace them with players who are not that better than them (in some cases they seem to be worse off).

That's the major beef I have under rodger's era. We did this a few times under rafa and the king (aquaman for Alonso and Charlie freckin adam for meireles..etc). But those managers have bought well generally. And Rodgers ......  :no

I haven't even mentioned signing borini then sending him off for a loan and getting aspas to replace him ...... Then there is getting in sakho to get rid of agger....and then \lovern to replace sakho.

I could go on and on.... We have lost so much money under Rodger's era. And you know who is gonna suffer the most ? The awesome group of youngsters we signed under Rafa and the King. Cos Rodgers is gonna loan them out so that he could play his average signings...

Yep quite a head scratcher...loaning jordan so we could get another youngster which costs a fortune...No sense whatsoever financially and quality wise
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:06 am

only me » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:29 pm wrote:
The_Rock » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:59 pm wrote:

Yep quite a head scratcher...loaning jordan so we could get another youngster which costs a fortune...No sense whatsoever financially and quality wise

The rock does tend to make some very odd points sometimes in posts and rants off about silly things... but this happens to be one I've agreed with for a long time and something I've always stated as much with our club and never understood... its a big reason I started the transfer policy shambles thread as well.

From what I've seen of Ibe, there was definately an element of promise from him and he looks quick and direct. He didn't look to have "Sterling" like potential or quality, but there was definately something to him... he may well have been good enough to come off the bench and influence the odd game and for me, he definately shown he was worth that chance... Obviously, we don't get to see his actual level in training and potential every day, which can disguise a young players real ability and quality... so maybe the club think he's never going to be a top player, but for me, there is still no doubt the lad has enough about him to influence games at premier league level.

Yet... we go and spend £20,000,000 on a player who is not only older, but appears to lack quality to Ibe in every are of the game... struggles to get even onto the bench and when he has played has looked so far out of his depth in everygame its been shocking.

This isn't unfortunately the first time the club has gone down this road and I fear it won't also be the last.

We've done it in the past, replacing the likes of Warnock, a £2,000,000 sub left back for Dossena who turned out to be a £7,000,000 sub left back, who was older, worse and not local....

Stephen Wright was replaced by Xavier after doing ok.... sold for £500k less and again was younger, better and local... although he did go on later in his career to prove an injury prone player...

The point still remains the same, we make these mistakes all to often and waste money on players we don't need and won't improve us.

Recently as the rock points out, Shelvey and Alberto, that was a real head scratcher... I'm not saying Jonjo would be the answer to our midfield problems, but he'd certainly be a viable option, where as Alberto came in and done nothing... If you offered me Shelvey or Can, must admit, I'd probably still lean towards Shelvey, which again makes me question the likes of Can's signing.

Its sometimes it feels like we make a signing to tread water...

The likes of Ibe, Suso, Kelly and Flannagan are the ones that will suffer.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Ibe, I agree. But I was never convinced with Suso. Kelly showed tremendous promise. But he's also never himself after all the injuries and this wasnt down to the manager. You lot making it sound like it's all the managers fault. But I could only agree on ibe's case.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:09 am

Our current manager says possibility of Ibe coming back :)

Liverpool FC are considering bringing exciting youngster Jordon Ibe back to Anfield in January to boost their push for a Champions League spot.

The 19-year-old winger has proved a big hit during his season-long loan spell with Championship high-flyers Derby County.

The Reds have the option to cut short his stay during the transfer window and Brendan Rodgers admits he has a decision to make.

“It is a loan to the end of season but we could bring him back if we need to because there is a review in January,” Rodgers said.

“We need to decide whether it is the right thing to bring him back or continue with the great development he’s getting at Derby at the moment. If we do bring him back it will be to contribute.

“I’ve seen Jordan in a lot of the games and he’s been outstanding. That’s the reason why we sent him out - we felt that getting that game experience would help him.

“In the game against Leeds on Tuesday, he was so exciting. You can see how he fits into our model and how we play.

“He’s doing very well. He’s 19 years of age and he’s going to be a great player for Liverpool in the future.”

READ MORE: Is 'unplayable' Jordon Ibe the answer to Liverpool FC's striking woes?

London-born Ibe, who joined the Reds’ Academy from Wycombe Wanderers in 2011, was handed his senior Liverpool debut by Rodgers on the final day of the 2012/13 season.

He made two further appearances last term before making the temporary switch to Derby.

Ibe has earned rave review for the Rams – scoring five goals in 22 appearances and playing a key role in their promotion push.

Derby boss Steve McClaren described him as “unplayable” after their 4-0 win over Birmingham City on Boxing Day and was full of praise for him once again after they beat Leeds 2-0 on Tuesday night.

“You cannot coach and teach what he has got,” McClaren said.

“He’s phenomenal. You saw him in the 80th minute tracking back, putting tackles in and getting us goal kicks, and that is the important side, the horrible things you have to do at the top level.

“He is learning that, he is doing that, and getting his rewards because at the other end of the pitch he is a constant threat.

“He needs to score more, develop more, get into the box more but he is very good and we are grateful to Liverpool for allowing him to come here.

“I think we are doing a good job developing him and he is enjoying his football.”
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:43 am

Huge fan of him (and our other youth players).

That's why I am so f**king pi$$ed off when we wasted so much money in buying squad players this season when we could have easily used our youth players to make up the numbers while we go for quality.

Just hope that moving forward we buy players who really improve the 1st team (and not the squad only).
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:40 pm

He has been recalled  :buttrock

Jordon Ibe recalled to Liverpool after successful loan spell at high-flying Derby

Liverpool have recalled 19-year-old midfielder Jordon Ibe from Derby
    He has played 24 times in all competition for Steve McLaren's side
    Liverpool bought Ibe from Wycombe in 2012, but he has only played twice for the Reds in the Premier League
    It is unlikely he will leave the club on loan again straight away

Liverpool midfielder Jordon Ibe is returning to Anfield after being recalled from his loan spell at Derby County.

The 19-year-old talent has already played 24 times for the Rams this season, 20 of which in their Championship campaign, helping them to second in the table.

And it appears he will not be shipped out elsewhere, with Liverpool keen on keeping the youngster at Anfield for the time-being.
Jordon Ibe (left) has been recalled to Liverpool after a successful loan spell with Derby in the Championship

The Reds have struggled through the first half of the Premier League season, currently sitting in eighth, behind West Ham.

Ibe joined Liverpool from Wycombe in 2012, but has only made two Premier League appearances for Brendan Rodgers' side.

He was first loaned out to Birmingham, before heading to the iPro Stadium this season.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:17 pm

How often will he get to play here ?

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:00 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:17 pm wrote:How often will he get to play here ?

It does seem a bit of an odd decision to recall him from his loan, he was playing regularly at Derby were as now he will be getting 10 minutes here and there if he's lucky.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion