Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maguskwt » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:59 pm

If we are looking for a goalkeeper, I would say Petr Cech is an ideal candidate other than Begovic... He wants to leave in January too. Only thing is whether Mourinho would sell him to us...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Cech would cost more and I don't believe he's at the level he was since the bang on the head, I do still think he is one of the best about, and I would be made up with him but I would lean slightly towards Asmir as he commands his area aggressively, to be honest, either or would do depending on funds
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:05 am

Liverpool are set to make a £25million bid to sign out-of-favour Chelsea winger Andre Schurrle in January.

Germany star Schurrle has been told he can leave Stamford Bridge in the new year after failing to impress Jose Mourinho this season - and the Reds are moving in.

According to reports, they are preparing a £25million offer to bring in the 24-year-old, who also has interest from Tottenham and several Spanish clubs.

Schurrle joined Chelsea from Bayer Leverkusen in 2013 for £18million but despite a huge reputation for goalscoring, he has only managed 11 strikes in 54 games.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:52 am

Liverpool remain keen on CSKA Moscow striker Seydou Doumbia although he is also wanted by rivals Chelsea.

Brendan Rodgers has had him watched on five separate occasions and the Reds boss is said to be ready to offer £15million for his services.

The 26-year-old Doumbia has been on both clubs' radars for a while but he came to the attention of everyone else in the last round of Champions League games when scoring twice for CSKA in their win at Manchester City.

Doumbia was linked with a move to Chelsea over the summer and was reportedly keen on the idea so a move to Jose Mourinho's men could also be on the cards.

Source: ClubCall
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:18 am

Schurrle? No thanks...

Need someone better than that. Good player, but not going to set the world alight.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:30 am

Liverpool and Arsenal are ready to go head-to-head for former Barcelona youngster Keita Baldé Diao.

The 19-year-old Lazio striker has stirred up interest from the Premier League clubs but the Serie A side are keen to keep hold of him.

Brendan Rodgers had scouts watching him last season and Arsene Wenger is reportedly also keen.

Reports in Italy suggest bids for the Spanish born Senegalese forward were rejected last week but the club are thought to be willing to cash in if offers reach the €30m mark.

Source: Express.co.uk
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Dynamo Moscow have joined the race to sign Arsenal and Liverpool target Andre-Pierre Gignac.

The two Premier League clubs are keeping a close eye on the free-scoring Gignac, who is out of contract at Marseille in the summer.

But his form in front of goal, which has so far yielded 10 goals in 13 Ligue 1 appearances, has also attracted the interest of a number of other clubs around Europe.

And, according to sources in France, Dynamo Moscow are the latest side to consider a move.

The Russian heavyweights landed the striker's former team-mate Mathieu Valbuena in August despite strong interest from the Premier League and now they want to pair him with Gignac once more.

It is not out of the question that the 28-year-old will sign a new deal in Marseille but it appears he is currently considering his options.

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:02 pm

Liverpool could be considering a move for Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane, who has reportedly been told he can leave the Spanish capital for £19m, the ​Express reports.

The young French defender has previously been hailed as the ‘the best young defender in the world’ by Jose Mourinho and now Real Madrid are willing to let him go for a knock-down price.

With Liverpool’s current defensive woes, it makes sense that the Reds should move to bolster their back-four with such a talent.

Varane has now found his playing time limited at the club, with just three starts in La Liga this season, despite impressing under previous coach Jose Mourinho.

Current manager Carlo Ancellotti appears to favour the partnership of Pepe and Sergio Ramos in the heart of defence and now it seems like he would be willing to let Varane move on.

Although he is currently out-of-favour at the club, the Frenchman is a young talent and would certainly be one for the future, especially with Pepe now at the age of 31.

Despite having a £30m release cause in his contract, the 21-year-old has been slapped with a £19m price-tag and if he is available for such a price he will have no shortage of suitors.

A host of Premier League clubs have already been looking at acquiring Varane’s services, with Manchester United and Chelsea eyeing the centre-back, but he could be just the man Brendan Rodgers needs to fix his leaky defence.

The Merseyside club have now lost their last three matches and find themselves 11th with one of the worst defences in the league.

If Liverpool do opt to sign Varane, then he would certainly be a star for the future and could remain at the club for the long-haul.

Source: Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Reminds me of Ferdinand, absolutely top class in just about every way, not a chance will Madrid let a player of that calibre leave. Nice to dream though.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:41 pm

If we could get him then I would say go for it  :nod
Admittedly i never seen that much of him but he looked good against us and has some serious speed to boot. For that price he would be good business.
I have my doubts though on whether they would actually let him leave.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:17 pm

A fair few rumors flying around the papers today that Rafa may come back to the club, it was all sparked off by a comment he made saying that he missed his family back 'home' in Liverpool
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:45 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:17 pm wrote:A fair few rumors flying around the papers today that Rafa may come back to the club, it was all sparked off by a comment he made saying that he missed his family back 'home' in Liverpool

Rafa is one of the greatest figures in our history but Brendan should be given the time to turn things around, which I believe he will.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:24 am

Mirror reporting that we've offered Glen Johnson a new two year deal worth half his current wage. I imagine he'll reject it and leave.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:25 pm

Arsenal and Liverpool face an uphill battle to sign Bayern Munich's unsettled star Xherdan Shaqiri.

Reports emerged that Guardiola has reached the end of his tether with the Swiss international and is ready to sell him in January.

Shaqiri is thought to be valued at £18million, and Arsenal and Liverpool are both looking to add a more creative spark to their respective squads.

But according to fresh reports surfacing on the continent, Roma, Napoli and Inter Milan are all chasing Shaqiri.

However, it is believed the aforementioned clubs are looking at a loan deal as opposed to signing Shaqiri on a permanent deal.

Shaqiri revealed his frustration at being frozen out of the Bayern first team when he said: "I thought that after the World Cup it would have been better for me to try something new.

"I thought I was moving and there were several offers for me, but Bayern decided I had to stay and I couldn't do anything else.

"Everyone knows I want to play more. I want to talk to Bayern. I feel that I will never be a starter, even if I assist in every game."

Source: Express.co.uk
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:01 pm

The agent of Arsenal and Liverpool target Sebastian Giovinco has ruled out any chance of his client moving to Fiorentina.

Giovinco's future at Juventus is growing increasingly uncertain, with the attacker's contract due to expire at the end of the current season.

Arsenal and Liverpool are reportedly both keen on signing the Italy international on a free next summer, while Tottenham are also thought to be another option.

However, while Premier League clubs maybe circling, Giovinco will not be moving to fellow Serie A club Fiorentina.

The 27-year-old's agent, Andrea D'Amico, has been quick to rule out such a move but he did confess that talks with Juventus over a new deal are still stalling.

"There is absolutely no truth in that [move to Fiorentina], it's fantasy football. At this moment there is no contact with Fiorentina," D'Amico told Calciomercato.

"At this moment everything is standing still, and as the player himself already confirmed, I doubt there is a chance that he may move in January.

"At this moment there is no news on this topic [of his contract].

"The Bianconeri have not contacted us about this subject. There may be developments in the next few months, but of course I cannot know that now."

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill