R.I.P

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Cheers for the update stu and sorry to hear about your setbacks. Hopefully you will get back on track quickly.
If it was a case that you could debate with it then you would have kicked its ar$€  long ago  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:33 pm

It doesn't half help reading messages like above to be fair lads.

My days at the minute consist of my lying in hospital beds awaiting treatments and radiotherapy etc and it just helps pass the time and the positive vibes are all nice to read and help to keep spirits up. Basically this week I'm having radio treatment at 10 and 4 in the afternoon at Clatterbridge, which is really weird, its just look recieving an x ray, the most underwhelming thing ever then on Thursday I go back to the Royal and have my transplant. All that consists of is effectively like receiving a bag of blood.

Apparently the new marrow will find its own way into the system and after that its basically a waiting game which I don't find an answer out till effectively. I have felt my energy levels drop off the face of the earth today to be honest, where as all week i've been pretty mobile and able to get about. My energy apparently won't pick up for about 6 weeks after this week though which is a bit grim, but I just have to go with it.

In terms of physical pain though there isn't really any. With blood cancers thats the hard part to get your head around. You can be so close to potentially death, yet feel nothing.

I recieved some good advice off a forum member about not letting slim odds get the better of me too... (appreciated, hope you don't mind me mentioning) and I can assure you I have no intention of giving up. I dare not... hopefully I'll be able to talk down to everyone with regards too footy for many more years yet... :D

Thanks for the support again... :)
Stu
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:28 am

Reg » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:27 pm wrote:Stu, keep your pecker up mate, it's one hell of a challenge you face but queerer things happen at sea.  My little lad survived a whopping 4 hour operation when he was still technically premature and weighing 960 grams (less than 2lbs...) then went through hell and high water before he was given what we considered a clean bill of health. When your backs against the wall that's when your inner strength comes out. I share your concerns about not seeing another championship at Anfield and I'm only 51. Woof must be cr@pping himself. But look on the bright side, if you do get Rodgers on the centre spot and give him a good slapping, you'll be an internet sensation all over the world, and no Manc can lay claim to having done that. Laugh at the devil mate, bring it on.

"Only 51"? You made me laugh Reg, thanks lad... :D

On a serious note, I know miracles happen mate and I'm made up they did for you. I couldn't imagine the dispair that must have brought you at the time, I just hope the relief of what happened afterwards surpassed anything you previously felt.

It wouldn't suprise me if I used all my luck up when I met my Mrs, I tell you one thing though, If I did, which I hope I didn't, she's worth it! :)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Keep fighting mate.

I've not been on here a lot recently so not been aware of a lot of this.

Fking bollox hand to be dealt but it ain't over.

John

ps - don't worry about living to see us win another title, you could live to 100 and still be disappointed. We are garbage right now!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:04 am

Stu the Red » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:28 am wrote:"Only 51"? You made me laugh Reg, thanks lad... :D

On a serious note, I know miracles happen mate and I'm made up they did for you. I couldn't imagine the dispair that must have brought you at the time, I just hope the relief of what happened afterwards surpassed anything you previously felt.

It wouldn't suprise me if I used all my luck up when I met my Mrs, I tell you one thing though, If I did, which I hope I didn't, she's worth it! :)

The love of a good woman will get you through kid ,talking of miracles she must be a fucking saint to put up with you  :D
Seriously mate ,you keep tight hold of those reins and don't let all the Sh*t that life throws at you unsaddle you without a fight.

Take care fella ,and keep us updated.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:14 am

Hang in there Stu. Positive thinking and being up for the fight are a big part of it.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:28 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:04 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:28 am wrote:"Only 51"? You made me laugh Reg, thanks lad... :D

The love of a good woman will get you through kid ,talking of miracles she must be a fucking saint to put up with you  :D
Seriously mate ,you keep tight hold of those reins and don't let all the Sh*t that life throws at you unsaddle you without a fight.

Take care fella ,and keep us updated.

Trust me, a saint doesn't come close... I'm hard work enough when I'm fit and well, let alone when I'm sick! :laugh:

Think a lottery win is on the cards for her and a life of luxury... if there is such a thing as heaven the way she's treated me would assure her a god like status of that I'm sure... you never know though, hopefully I can protect her from herself for a few more years yet though... gotta be due a bit of luck somewhere down the line surely... :)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:31 am

Stu haven't heard from you in a while , how are you kid ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Stu I haven't been on the forum much lately mainly because it is all too depressing !! Did at least hear some good news recently. Rodgers is having his lower teeth done in January !!!  :laugh:

On a really serious note I was extremely upset to read your post dated November 17th. Look we don't know each other but we are all part of the same family and when somebody is suffering we all feel for them.

Hope the transplant is a success and doing it's job.

Best wishes,

Dave
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:28 pm

Been in a really bad way, but finally looking up, touch wood I'll be able to go home this week,

I caught pneumonia,
I've had a serious water infection which had me in agony for 3 days,
was on to much fluids which had me feeling like I'd broke both knees and ankles...
And a drug which destroyed my mouth called methatrexate and left me with a ridiculously sore throat where I couldn't swallow my on siliver as well as having mouth ulcers.

This all happened about 10 days after transplant.

It was ridiculous, 3 days of screaming in agony is hard work boys seriously... :D

However... things have turned round the last five days or so and been getting better everyday so hopefully will continue to do so. I feel a lot better in myself, however my muscles in my legs have wasted away so start a bit of physio monday.

Now its just a waiting game.

Hopefully i'll get back to normal and rub your noses in it soon enough about how right I was about the summer, Rodgers, Suarez... £200,000,000 in less than three years etc etc.

After that you can all sign a petition that the club needs me in charge and not Rodgers and I'll show you how a real football man goes about business. :D

And Dave, its far better when you don't post happy clappy bull cr*p so just stick to general lid :D

Cheers for asking too lads :)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 pm wrote:Been in a really bad way, but finally looking up, touch wood I'll be able to go home this week,

I caught pneumonia,
was on to much fluids which had me feeling like I'd broke both knees and ankles...
And a drug which destroyed my mouth called methatrexate and left me with a ridiculously sore throat where I couldn't swallow my on siliver as well as having mouth ulcers.

It was ridiculous, 3 days of screaming in agony is hard work boys seriously... :D

However... things have turned round the last five days or so and been getting better everyday so hopefully will continue to do so. I feel a lot better in myself, however my muscles in my legs have wasted away so start a bit of physio monday.

Hopefully i'll get back to normal and rub your noses in it soon enough about how right I was about the summer, Rodgers, Suarez... £200,000,000 in less than three years etc etc.

After that you can all sign a petition that the club needs me in charge and not Rodgers and I'll show you how a real football man goes about business. :D

And Dave, its far better when you don't post happy clappy bull cr*p so just stick to general lid :D

good news you are feeling positive!

Sorry to hear about your agony mate.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:21 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 pm wrote:Been in a really bad way, but finally looking up, touch wood I'll be able to go home this week,

I caught pneumonia,

Jesus ,sounds like you're really getting put through the mill kid ,but I'm glad the transplant is over and hope it proves successful.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:00 pm

I caught pneumonia,

Glad to hear things are looking up. Some rare good news, on an otherwise sh!tty day
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:04 pm

Tough, tough, tough Stu, really admire your attitude and spirit.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:07 am

Stu the Red » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:28 pm wrote:Been in a really bad way, but finally looking up, touch wood I'll be able to go home this week,

I caught pneumonia,

Is that all and its taken you this long to post

Soft mate soft   :D

Keeping fighting the good fight bud
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum