Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:43 am

Liverpool are ready to outbid Arsenal in the race to sign Barcelona sensation Pedro in the January transfer window.

The 27-year-old is destined to leave Barca in the new year after falling out of favour under new manager Luis Enrique, and Arsenal had been in pole position to do business.

But now reports in Spain say Liverpool are now poised to join the race and would be prepared to outbid Arsenal to get their man.

It's thought that Barca are looking for about £25million for Pedro and would be happy to let him go if an offer around that price arrived.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:23 am

Tottenham Hotspur are being linked with a January bid for Bayern Munich winger and Liverpool target Xherdan Shaqiri, according to Fichajes.net.

Shaqiri could make a smart signing for the club, with the skillful and creative wide-man struggling to break into the Bayern starting lineup on a regular basis due to the immense competition for places at the Allianz Arena.

The 23-year-old has previously been regarded as one of the most promising young players in Europe, but has found himself up against some truly world class players in Pep Guardiola's squad, leading to interest from the likes of Liverpool in the summer.

A move never materialised at that time, but Shaqiri is likely to be on several teams' radars when the transfer window re-opens.

Source: CaughtOffside.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Unfortunately, as we have already breached FFP rules, we can't spend, the Club has to increase it's income somehow or sell players.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:26 pm wrote:Unfortunately, as we have already breached FFP rules, we can't spend, the Club has to increase it's income somehow or sell players.

I can think of a fair few i would like to sell, but would anybody want them  :Oo:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:26 pm

Edinson Cavani has refused to rule out a move to the Premier League but insists he is not unhappy at Paris Saint-Germain.

The Uruguayan was heavily linked with a move to Arsenal or Liverpool over the summer, with both sides in the market for attacking reinforcements.

And while the former Napoli man insisted that he wants to stay in Ligue 1, he believes the unpredictable nature of football means a move could still transpire.

He told Telefoot: "I am good at Paris. And I like it.

"In football we never know what is going to happen the next season, or the next day."There are lots of things that could happen in a club."

And Cavani believes that reports on his unhappiness could simply be down to the way he conducts himself on the field.

He added: "I have never been a very smiley player on the pitch so you can think that I am not happy maybe. 'Cavani is not happy because he is playing at a different position.'

"Each person has their own view, but to talk about me being sad or other problems, it has never been the case."

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:39 pm

cardiff-red » Nov 2nd, '14, 16:16 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:26 pm wrote:Unfortunately, as we have already breached FFP rules, we can't spend, the Club has to increase it's income somehow or sell players.

I can think of a fair few i would like to sell, but would anybody want them  :Oo:

We can only hope CR.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:29 pm

I fully expect Borini to go in January. Both QPR and Sunderland are in trouble and I think they'll be back with their big money offers when the next window opens.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:59 am

I'd sell the whole squad bar the top 15 players. if the 1st XI aren't producing the goods just imagine what the others are like! Put the cash in a sports bag and go get 2-3 proper players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:39 am

Marco Reus looks set to leave Borussia Dortmund with Goal.com claiming that Liverpool are expected to launch a bid for the German international.

The 25 year old's contractual release clause will be activated in 2015 and Liverpool are one of a host of sides ready to make a move for the Westfalenstadion star.

Bayern Munich and Man City are both said to be keen with a fee of just €25m (£19m) required to land Reus, a very reasonable outlay for a player of his stature.

Given Dortmund's shocking form, Jurgen Klopp's side suffering seven defeats in their opening 10 Bundesiga fixtures, will make the chances of the club persuading Reus to sign a new deal next to impossible.

Reus is certainly an able finisher, 45 goals in 96 appearances for Borussia Dortmund, this after racking up 21 goals in his final season at Monchengladach.

Source: CaughtOffside.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:40 am

Reg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:59 am wrote:I'd sell the whole squad bar the top 15 players. if the 1st XI aren't producing the goods just imagine what the others are like! Put the cash in a sports bag and go get 2-3 proper players.

couldn't agree more  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:17 am

From the Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ni-8038080

Liverpool are on red alert as Edinson Cavani has refused to rule out a move to the Premier League.

The Uruguayan was heavily linked with a move to Anfield over the summer and with Brendan Rodgers reportedly in the market for attacking reinforcements he is said to be monitoring the PSG striker.

Liverpool’s chances of bringing Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain to Anfield have been boosted after Napoli admitted they will struggle to keep him for a third season.

That is according to Italian sources, who report that Napoli boss Rafael Benitez is lining up replacements ahead of an expected summer departure for the former Real Madrid man.           

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers insists Liverpool will hand Steven Gerrard a new contract - because the team cannot cope without him.

The news comes after the 1-0 defeat to Newcastle and as Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has revealed they would swoop for Gerrard at the end of the season if he is a free agent.

Gerrard’s contract expires in June 2015 and there haven’t been any talks about a contract extension.

Pellegrini said: “It depends on the money they cost and the number of years they can play for. Like Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard is a top player and he can continue at a high level for a couple more years.”

Meanwhile, Raheem Sterling remains one of Real Madrid’s top priority transfer targets for the near future according to new reports.

The 19-year-old England international has also attracted rumoured interest from the likes of Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain as he continues to hold talks over signing a new contract at Anfield.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:26 pm wrote:Unfortunately, as we have already breached FFP rules, we can't spend, the Club has to increase it's income somehow or sell players.

seriously ? i had read speculation saying that we were indeed close to breaking them but never heard that we actually did. very worrying for us if we did as what he has bought isn't worth sh!te so has less resale value. the owner's have been banging on about those rules since they took over and to fail them at pretty much the first go is shocking complacency.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:09 pm

Real Madrid star Isco has ruled out a move to either Arsenal or Liverpool this January.

The Spain international had been tipped to leave for the Premier League after failing to break into Carlo Ancelotti's plans since joining over a year ago from fellow La Liga outfit Malaga.

However, an injury to club-record signing and former Tottenham star Gareth Bale has seen Isco become a key player in the Real starting XI, with the attacking midfielder impressing with his new defensive duties.

Arsene Wenger and Brendan Rodgers had both been credited with showing an interest in the 22-year-old, but speaking to Bwin, Isco revealed that he is staying put at the Santiago Bernabeu.

He said: "My feelings on my career at Madrid are very positive.

"I'm in the best team in the world, we are winning titles, we achieved La Decima and hopefully we can continue that.

"I think the best place to keep winning titles is Real Madrid."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:50 pm

From today's Liverpool Echo...

Liverpool FC transfer gossip: Lille deny Origi swap deal for Balotelli, Inter eye Borini, Madrid battle Reds for Norway hot shot, Sanchez Rodgers shock

Liverpool FC transfer news today focuses on the reported swap deal which would see Divock Origi move to Anfield and Mario Balotelli head in the opposite direction to Lille.

Brendan Rodgers signed Origi during the summer following the striker's impressive performances for Belgium at the World Cup, but allowed his £10million signing to stay on in France for another season.

However, a dismal start to both the Premier League and Champions League campaigns have led to reports suggesting that the Reds boss will plead with Lille to let Origi move to Anfield in January.

Some have even claimed that Balotelli could join the Ligue 1 outfit as a good-will act, but speaking to RTBG, Girard revealed that there are no plans for any such deal to occur in the winter transfer window.

Inter Milan are reportedly keen on Liverpool striker Fabio Borini.

But the Serie A club are unlikely to come up with the £14million fee agreed for the striker between Liverpool and Sunderland during the summer.

Borini refused to join the Black Cats, despite being told he had no future at Anfield.

Meanwhile, Champions League holders Real Madrid have reportedly stolen a march on Manchester United and Liverpool by inviting Norway teenage sensation Martin Odegaard for a second trial.

The 15-year-old Strømsgodset midfielder is one of the hottest properties in world football, having already won two caps for the senior Norway team.

Odegaard has been offered trials by Liverpool, the club he supports, United, Bayern Munich and Ajax but Real are desperate to secure his services, according to Spanish journalist Jose Luis Sanchez.

Schalke have opened talks with Klaas-Jan Huntelaar over a new contract to stave off interest from Liverpool and Arsenal, according to reports.

Dutch international striker Huntelaar is out of contract at the Bundesliga club in the summer and has attracted interest from the Premier League.

Finally it has been reported Barcelona allowed Alexis Sanchez to complete his £35m move to Arsenal in the summer despite receiving a bigger offer from Liverpool.

According to Spanish newspaper SPORT, Liverpool attempted to trump the Gunners' bid for the Chile international forward.

But the report claims that Sanchez made it clear to Barca bosses that he was not interested in a switch to the Merseysiders and wanted to join Arsene Wenger & co in north London.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:06 pm

Marco Reus is at the centre of a £20million tug-of-war.Europe's top clubs are tracking the Borussia Dortmund star who has a £19.5m release clause in his contract.

And according to reports, Manchester City are preparing a £200,000-a-week offer to beat their rivals to land Reus.

Dortmund insist the Germany international will not be sold in January.However, that has only added to the feeling that Reus will move on next summer.

Bayern Munich are keen on the 25-year-old but while he is considering leaving Dortmund his allegiance to the Bundesliga club could scupper a move to their Bavarian foes.

Reus' current deal runs until 2017 but his £19.5m buy-out clause can be activated at any time.

Liverpool and Manchester United both are interested in Reus, while Arsenal and Chelsea have also been linked with him.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill