LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby only me » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:29 pm

damjan193 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:08 pm wrote:Recent rumors saying that he'll be off to Napoli. There were some quotes by Lucas himself I believe, that he'll be leaving in Jan. IMO he deserves another look at, just without Gerrard in the side. I think he still has something to offer this team, as we witnessed yesterday.

Deserves a ride to the airport. Terrible player ,Mediocrity all over the place ,has nothing to offer but stupid fouls near the box.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:38 am

Lucas was a vital part of our defensive shape against Swansea ,and even though most posters wont acknowledge this ,the back four looked far more settled with Lucas
protecting the defence ,and against Swansea 'specifically' in the first half ,he was more than just adept at performing in a role he is designed to play.

Granted he faded somewhat in the last 20 minutes ,but I will put that down to a lack of game time.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:48 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:38 am wrote:Lucas was a vital part of our defensive shape against Swansea ,and even though most posters wont acknowledge this ,the back four looked far more settled with Lucas
protecting the defence ,and against Swansea 'specifically' in the first half ,he was more than just adept at performing in a role he is designed to play.

Granted he faded somewhat in the last 20 minutes ,but I will put that down to a lack of game time.

I agree with you that he looked decent in front of the back 4 in this match, just dont think him and Gerrard can play together back there, what about pushing Gerrard to the tip of the diamond behind the strikers and moving sterling wide
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:59 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:38 am wrote:Lucas was a vital part of our defensive shape against Swansea ,and even though most posters wont acknowledge this ,the back four looked far more settled with Lucas

Lucas had a good game, he's not on the same planet as Gerrard as a footballer but as a DM positional sense is just as important (if not more so) than raw footballing ability. As a DM you are there to break up opposition attacks and to protect the defence, not to go past ten men and put it in the top corner.
The problem for Lucas is that he and Gerrard simply can't play in the same team together and let's face it the chances of Brendan dropping Gerrard (or even subbing him) are pretty slim.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:06 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:59 am wrote:

Lucas had a good game, he's not on the same planet as Gerrard as a footballer but as a DM positional sense is just as important (if not more so) than raw footballing ability. As a DM you are there to break up opposition attacks and to protect the defence, not to go past ten men and put it in the top corner.
The problem for Lucas is that he and Gerrard simply can't play in the same team together and let's face it the chances of Brendan dropping Gerrard (or even subbing him) are pretty slim.

Breaking up play and protecting the defence is a role Lucas is suited to ,the team are much more cohesive when we have a player performing his natural game.
What I did notice mate ,is the amount of time our wingers spent racing back providing protection for him ,it was scant in comparison to Gerrard,plus he never
dropped in behind our back line.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:55 am

Lucas played a decent game against a poor swansea midfield in which only one player was half decent in shelv. He's extremely composed but his touch is awfully heavy for a player in that position and his lack of mobility is worse than Steven's. The days of Lucas being able to do any sort of realistic job in our midfield are thankfully over.

Lucas excels in being mediocre as only me says
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Provides us with a much tighter defensive game ,needs to be played more in a role that's natural to him,either him or Can ,but we simply cant persist with the scant
protection Gerrard affords our back line.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:25 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:09 pm wrote:Provides us with a much tighter defensive game ,needs to be played more in a role that's natural to him,either him or Can ,but we simply cant persist with the scant
protection Gerrard affords our back line.

agreed  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:47 am

I think the biggest positive from this game would be Lucas (along with Kolo). Realistically speaking, Real didn't even shift to second gear, but still it must be said that Lucas did a fine job and was a major reason why we didn't get overrun in midfield as we usually do. Considering he did pretty well in his previous two games as well, I think he deserves more chances from Rodgers, but only if he plays INSTEAD of Gerrard and not with him. After this match, I would have considered him a certain starter for the Chelsea game but I doubt that Rodgers will want to drop Gerrard. Playing both of them would be suicide.

Similar things could be said about Toure, but I doubt he'll be considered for the Chelsea game because he'll have to start instead of Lovren.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:02 pm

I hope he and Can start against Chelsea, Gerrard never plays well against Chelsea
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:30 pm

damjan193 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:47 am wrote:I think the biggest positive from this game would be Lucas (along with Kolo). Realistically speaking, Real didn't even shift to second gear, but still it must be said that Lucas did a fine job and was a major reason why we didn't get overrun in midfield as we usually do. Considering he did pretty well in his previous two games as well, I think he deserves more chances from Rodgers, but only if he plays INSTEAD of Gerrard and not with him. After this match, I would have considered him a certain starter for the Chelsea game but I doubt that Rodgers will want to drop Gerrard. Playing both of them would be suicide.

Similar things could be said about Toure, but I doubt he'll be considered for the Chelsea game because he'll have to start instead of Lovren.

these players should be able to step up and perform and maybe we are guilty of not rotating enough.
make no mistake about it though they are not good enough to be in the side every week. still i admit a better balance could and needs to be found.

it will be interesting to see who or how many from last nights game will line up against chelsea on sat morning
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:27 pm

I see people got carried away by Toure and Lucas "Heroics" last night...I say to them settle down lads let's not forget the bigger picture ,those 2 are shiite thye shouldn't be starting in any competition and clinging to such avarage material is just prolonging our misery. I'll ask you that if Borini scores a hattrick against Bournmouth should we sign him for the next year? Glen has some decent games should we keep this donkey as well?

So they had a decent game against an uninterested party ,so what?? They are still Krap!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Lucas was head and shoulders our best performer in a role that comes natural to him ,we would have been murdered last night if not for him Can and Toure.
So much more competent than Gerrard,and his enforced absence from a struggling team has been nothing short of an enigma !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:20 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:39 pm wrote:So much more competent than Gerrard,and his enforced absence from a struggling team has been nothing short of an enigma !

its always about gerrard with you RBG  :nod
all you want to see is him out of the side but yet will not say a word against the muppet that keeps picking him every week. just because he has the cajones to drop him once don't mean he will continue to do so and those big gonads he has will be put back in his pocket for the chelsea game.
gerrard is less of a problem than the manager but somehow you fail to see that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:47 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:20 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:39 pm wrote:So much more competent than Gerrard,and his enforced absence from a struggling team has been nothing short of an enigma !

its always about gerrard with you RBG  :nod
all you want to see is him out of the side but yet will not say a word against the muppet that keeps picking him every week. just because he has the cajones to drop him once don't mean he will continue to do so and those big gonads he has will be put back in his pocket for the chelsea game.
gerrard is less of a problem than the manager but somehow you fail to see that.

Such a keen eye for observation ,but then I've hardly shrouded it in mystery now have I ? ....I have a very pertinent question fella ,do you watch Gerrards
performances through a kaleidoscope ?  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion