LIVERPOOL V Hull - Sat 25th Oct 2014 3PM KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:09 pm

I'll tell you exactly where he is:

Lost without Suarez to paper over the cracks.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:55 pm

We should just buckle in and brace ourselves for a shyte season.

Last season was amazing but truth be told we are back to our old selves hoping that things will come good
rather than actually knowing we have a brilliant team, I mean that's what we do right.

This summers signings will eventually be moved on for a loss and we will start over, there's just nothing to
hold on to with this side.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Coutinho, Sterling and Sturridge are worth hanging on too. We should have added Remy and a top wide player. We would have of course suffered after losing Luis but we should have significantly improved our defence and midfield and not to mention the keeper.

Remy 8m
Begovic 15m
Song Loan
Hangeland FREE
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Firstly how f*cking Hull received less yellow cards than us is a complete enigma ,and even though they defended superbly and squeezed any sign of invention out of the
reds ,I still felt the referee let an awful lot of niggling fouls and nasty kicks to the ankles go unpunished ..Diame in particular wrapped his size 10's across more ankles
than f*cking Jan Claude Van Damme , and yet never went into that ***** in blacks book once ! Oh and two penalties waved away,one debatable and contestable ,but the
one on Lallana was a quite disgraceful decision from an official who had a clear view of the incident. 

We looked considerably better with two up top and the introduction of Coutinho was very nearly a game winner ,Balotelli put in a shift and at the very least when his
shooting boots are eventually returned at least he will be in position to bury them ...Manquillo was a breath of fresh air and our best defender,also Can virtually run the
gauntlet with the amount of knocks on and off the ball he was receiving ,but he dusted himself off and made some powerful bursts from midfield.

Hull got in our faces all day ,they niggled and harried till our play was limited to passing it across midfield and using our only outlet Sterling who was well marshalled on
the flanks ,they denied us any space and they flung themselves into tackles and blocked practically every shot we had ,and Hulls keeper gave an inspired performance to
deny Balotelli and Coutinho when we finally got our formation right.

A clean sheet ,but we could have won that game with room to spare in the last 10 mins.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:36 pm

It wasn't pretty, but it was a slight improvement. We kept a clean sheet and in my view we should have won. I also thought Can looked promising, although he's clearly not match fit or up to speed with the Premier League yet.

On wards and upwards...Danny Sturridge cannot return quick enough.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:11 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:36 pm wrote:It wasn't pretty, but it was a slight improvement. We kept a clean sheet and in my view we should have won. I also thought Can looked promising, although he's clearly not match fit or up to speed with the Premier League yet.

On wards and upwards...Danny Sturridge cannot return quick enough.

What concerns me is that many of us are viewing an injury prone Sturridge as our saviour !

Not gonna knock the lad, he has skill and his return will certainly improve our atack, BUT,  our problems lie far deeper than his availability/presence and those thinking his return to the side will dramatically see a change in our fortunes may well be in for another dose of disappointment.

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:52 pm

I think we will woof. Not only will we have a capable goal scorer but we'll see a lot more movement in the final third and the rest of the attacking players will thrive on that. Our attack will be a lot more fluid with him, we'll deffo not see anything like yesterday with Sturridge in the side.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:20 pm

So we're back to relying entirely on one player to carry the rest of the ***** on his back then?
Sounds familiar but it won't sort out the mess we are in. Never mind a 'top four' finish, on current form, if we can stay out of the bottom four it'll be something of a miracle.
Anybody reckon Brendan will keep his job next summer?
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:49 am

Soupyzrx » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:20 pm wrote:So we're back to relying entirely on one player to carry the rest of the ***** on his back then?
Sounds familiar but it won't sort out the mess we are in. Never mind a 'top four' finish, on current form, if we can stay out of the bottom four it'll be something of a miracle.
Anybody reckon Brendan will keep his job next summer?

We're on the same points as Arsenal and have they had a bad season? Being sacked would be well over the top to be honest, but what would you do if you gave some one £117,000,000 and seen zero return on it? We're fortunate to be where we are in the table and we can't possibly be any worse.

Can we?
Right?
I hope
Kopite-Jud

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:55 am

I wouldn't say zero return…Lallana has shown promise…

To be honest, I think he's one of the few who's shown that he's not out of depth and could certainly do a job in a good side but one thing about him I can't quite figure out is how I would utilize him. He isn't a wide player and I wouldn't play him behind the strikers instead of Coutinho
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:09 am

I said this to my mate the otherday he's got all the skill and vision to play the 10 role and we're throwing him out wide. I don't think he's got the pace to play out wide!

Similar to Ozil and Arsenal?
Kopite-Jud

Postby only me » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:15 am

Kopite-Jud » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:09 am wrote:I said this to my mate the otherday he's got all the skill and vision to play the 10 role and we're throwing him out wide. I don't think he's got the pace to play out wide!

No Brainer ,must play in a central role ,same as Coutinho...All those tricks Managers try and do are pathetic ,same as playing Sterling in a central position which was painful to watch.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Kopite-Jud » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:09 am wrote:I said this to my mate the otherday he's got all the skill and vision to play the 10 role and we're throwing him out wide. I don't think he's got the pace to play out wide!

I'd like to see him tried upfront as a second striker but with a license to roam, as Stu mentioned he is a good player but he doesn't really seem to have an obvious position so why tie him down to one? Why not just let him roam about the front line following the action? In Rugby League years ago there was a player called Shaun Edwards who had a lot of success by constantly supporting the man with the ball, maybe Adam could do a similar job for us? If the ball is wide left he can wander out there and ditto if the ball is wide right or in the centre.
Whenever we attack Danny or whoever his 'strike' partner is can get into the box and Adam can go and support the man on the ball. After all he is an intelligent player, good on the ball, can twist and turn, go past a man and he knows where the net is as well, he's got a bit of everything to his game so he could be perfect for the job. If we are getting totally over run he is flexible enough to drop back into the midfield to help out there too.
It might be just worth a try, let's face it whatever we are doing now is clearly not working so why not experiment?

Gerrard       

Sterling                                       Hendo

Coutinho

Lallana           
                                                   Sturridge
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games