Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:58 pm

Somebody else said panic buy, yes they were right, he missed 4 or 5 golden chances today, i was all for giving this guy a chance (a final chance at a big club) and he has blown it
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:02 pm

anyone got the gif for mario's last sec miss?
i thou heskey is the worst lfc striker i have ever seen, mario today proved me wrong
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:11 pm

Not a gif but here it is

http://instagram.com/p/ulNSW2wZFe/

I wouldn't get on his back too much though, he looked just as gutted as we are. I would just politely tell him that he ain't good enough and that it's time he sat on the bench. Sturridge just can't come back soon enough.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:14 pm

He'll find the net soon I hope, and then, just maybe, we'll see an improvement. I really feel for him at the moment. It seems all the attention from the day he signed, down to everything he does has wrecked his spirit. There really was pressure piled on him from day one. Perhaps that's stunted his settling in. We know he can play. Sturridge's return should help him.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 pm

Balotelli cannot play as a lone striker with our current line-up. He just can't. Either pair him upfront with lambert, borini or sterling (my pick sterling) or don't pick him at all until Sturridge comes back.

Rodgers takes so much pain to setup a team to play to Gerrard's strength.  If he takes this much interest in other players.....the team as a whole might do better.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:51 pm

The_Rock » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:18 pm wrote:Balotelli cannot play as a lone striker with our current line-up. He just can't. Either pair him upfront with lambert, borini or sterling (my pick sterling) or don't pick him at all until Sturridge comes back.

Rodgers takes so much pain to setup a team to play to Gerrard's strength.  If he takes this much interest in other players.....the team as a whole might do better.

Completely agree
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:11 am

The_Rock » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:18 pm wrote:Balotelli cannot play as a lone striker with our current line-up. He just can't. Either pair him upfront with lambert, borini or sterling (my pick sterling) or don't pick him at all until Sturridge comes back.

Spot on fella ,welcome back.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:29 am

damjan193 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:11 pm wrote:Not a gif but here it is

http://instagram.com/p/ulNSW2wZFe/

I wouldn't get on his back too much though, he looked just as gutted as we are. I would just politely tell him that he ain't good enough and that it's time he sat on the bench. Sturridge just can't come back soon enough.

thx bro,
many here mentioned abt mario cant play as a lone striker, but what did him missing the goal from 2 yards, 5 yards or 3 yards got to do with playing as a lone striker?
it is a basis fundamental football thing or a lack of composure.
for instance, yst against hull, lambert played him in the 6 yard box, mario did not shoot first time and was bullied to the ground by the hull defender. was this miss due to him playing a lone striker?
or the last sec miss by mario when countinho played a wonderful cross to him, this is also 2-3 yard miss.
how about the everton miss when he hit the post from 3 yards, or the qpr the miss when the game is 2-2 instead of burying the ball into the net he decided to do a back flick from 3 yard and completely miss the target.

mario playing as a lone striker had golden chances which he missed them all, unless he is the type who needs 5-6 golden chances to score a goal, playing him with another forward is not magically improve his finishing.
which is very strange as he had the skill and composure at citi and milan but suddenly miss them all with us.
who would had bet against welback or remy missing those chances mario had if we sign one of them instead?

i have watched the reply, mario seems like not caring much, if he got the ball, he wont run at the defense, he will stroll around with the ball, slow down our attack and try to do a 50-50 hollywood pass. if mario was presented with a golden opportunity to score, he would think that he have scored in his mind, losing concentration and then a try a weak attempt at goal.
look at how sterling win back the ball against opposition vs mario strolling in the park.
mario just dont care we win lose or draw or he score or not. sell that black trash away.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:55 pm

I agree too, either play Mario with someone up front or don't play him at all.

Feel a bit sorry for Lambert, he hasn't really had a chance yet - thought he did well yesterday when he came on.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Fourth Official » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:52 pm

Octsky...what's this with mario being " black trash" ??.. By the way I'm not black nethier trash but your comment resembles a golden dawn motd analysis ...wake up mate... He aint fitting in with us simple..an we as a club are as much to blame as him...hope you bought your bananas for your next match to throw..
Fourth Official
LFC Basic Member

Postby alxy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:57 pm

Until Sturridge comes back, would rather have Lambert as the lone striker. Think Lambert is better suited for that role. Mario doesn't look comfortable in that spot. Think he would do better if he were wide left or right supporting Lambert.
alxy

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:32 pm

Oktsy if I were you lad I would quickly delete the last line and use lost in translation as your excuse.

I would still say your chances of posting again are pretty slim though lad and rightly so.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:34 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:32 pm wrote:Oktsy if I were you lad I would quickly delete the last line and use lost in translation as your excuse.

I would still say your chances of posting again are pretty slim though lad and rightly so.

:nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:52 pm

sorry my bad, mario's just trash  :bowdown
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:07 pm

when this lad came here his agent expressed concerns about what was expected of him at his previous club's. he wanted a move for mario that relieved him of that burden as he felt he wasnt able to cope with so much pressure and it brought out the worst in him. he thought that wouldnt be expected of him here as he wouldnt be the focal point.
then we go and do completely the opposite by throwing him in up top on his own. if lambert or borini were any good they would be alongside him but they ain't so mario becomes the scapegoat.
whats wrong with us is not balotelli but having a crock as no 1, a geriatric as no 2 and a bad smell as no 3.
just maybe if we tried to play to his strenghts we might get a bit more from him during this time when we really need it. rodgers expects everthing to conform to his way of thinking and its this mentality that is costing us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion