LIVERPOOL V Hull - Sat 25th Oct 2014 3PM KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:53 pm

That was awful, bench Balo, in fact send him to train with kids
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Fuck it...how that not go in? If you can't score here, then there's no much else to say. Frustrating!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:55 pm

Should have won that
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby NorfolkRed » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:56 pm

Vast improvement after the substitutions. Hopefully this may be our plan B until Sturridge is back. Unlucky not to pinch it at the end.
NorfolkRed

Postby ethanr » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:57 pm

I don't know why we've started Coutinho on the bench with how he's been playing every time he's come on the last few games. We've also sat Hendo who's arguably been our best midfield player. Poor choices from the start here and we didn't see any half decent play until there was only twenty minutes left. Balo can't seem to do a thing right, and luck wasn't exactly on our side today. Either way it's two points dropped and another game we've looked horribly mediocre.

Only positive is we've kept our first clean sheet in a long time.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:58 pm

Poor first half, much better second. We should be beating Hull though, especially with the injuries they had.
Doeboy

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:07 pm

dont look at balo missing sitters thats all to do wiv low confidence. look at the positives when he got help 2nd half. he has to play 2 up top im sick of saying it.  First half there back 3 must of thought this is easy marking one player uptop. why bring hendo on when we needed to win very negative
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:13 pm

missed a bit of the first half and was far from impressed in the second. do we really not have an answer for teams who come to us with a game plan ?
balotelli was krap again but it isnt just him stinking the place out. lambert is also total dirt who is so out of his depth.
really poor result for us today.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:24 pm

can sum1 please tell me the negatives why we carnt  play 4-4-2. Cos it seams everyone but brendan can see its not working uptop
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:52 pm

Positives......................we kept a clean sheet !
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:55 pm

While a home draw v Hull City can never be considered a good result, we have to look at the bigger picture here.

I think the single most important thing today was keeping a clean sheet.  At least we've done that.  The defence has (rightly) come in for so much stick recently, they needed something they can build on and get some confidence going.

The only other slight positive is that at least it sounds like (I didn't see the game) Balotelli was getting into scoring positions, because he hasn't even been doing that this season.

Next league game away to Newcastle and I'm going to that one.  They are as dire as us so a chance to pinch an away win... which would make 3 wins and a draw from 4 league games.  It's been a horrible start to the season, but I do believe we'll start to click around Christmas time so we just have to grind out enough results until then.

YNWA
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Good result that for this Liverpool side.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:06 pm

ballotelliman » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:24 pm wrote:can sum1 please tell me the negatives why we carnt  play 4-4-2. Cos it seams everyone but brendan can see its not working uptop

You couldn't play Gerrard in a 2 man midfield mate, we'd get completely over run.
To me we have either got to move Gerrard further forward or drop him completely, it's getting beyond a joke now, for the first hour every time we attacked he was stood next to our CB's 50 yards away from the action!
I wouldn't mind if he was dictating games from deep but he's not, he's just nurdling the ball backwards and sideways, he's doing nothing back there that our CB's couldn't do themselves. IMO this formation is just a total waste of a midfielder, when we are attacking we need our midfielders getting into the box and making the numbers up in attack, not holding hands with our CB's at the half way line.
When Gerrard does push up he looks quite dangerous so why he is playing so deep god only knows.
As for Balotelli apart from his misses he had an alright game, his movement was much better today and he got into some decent positions.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:06 pm wrote:
ballotelliman » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:24 pm wrote:can sum1 please tell me the negatives why we carnt  play 4-4-2. Cos it seams everyone but brendan can see its not working uptop

You couldn't play Gerrard in a 2 man midfield mate, we'd get completely over run.
To me we have either got to move Gerrard further forward or drop him completely, it's getting beyond a joke now, for the first hour every time we attacked he was stood next to our CB's 50 yards away from the action!
I wouldn't mind if he was dictating games from deep but he's not, he's just nurdling the ball backwards and sideways, he's doing nothing back there that our CB's couldn't do themselves. IMO this formation is just a total waste of a midfielder, when we are attacking we need our midfielders getting into the box and making the numbers up in attack, not holding hands with our CB's at the half way line.
When Gerrard does push up he looks quite dangerous so why he is playing so deep god only knows.
As for Balotelli apart from his misses he had an alright game, his movement was much better today and he got into some decent positions.

obviously the manager is happy with what he is doing  :nod  its because its the role that he invented for him  :nod
our midfield gets overun everygame yakka, doesn't matter what kind of team it is we lose the midfield. moving gerrard forward means he will have to track back and bust a nut to make those runs into the box, that imo requires more energy than his current role demands and you already think his legs have gone.
besides even if he does move gerrard forward he will still leave someone else in there holding the C'B's hands so we might not be any better off and it will just look like more indecision from rodgers.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:33 pm

terrible. I really don't know where Mr football has gone. He look hopeless. Got his tactics wrong (1 Striker formation) ,Got his players wrong (Really Coutinho on the bench?) . I really don't know where he as at the moment.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games