The computer games thread - 56K Modem Warning/Image heavy

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby RedAnt » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:57 am

woof woof ! » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:54 pm wrote:
Paul C » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:37 pm wrote:Bump ;)

Whats everyone playing these days?

I'm still on FM 2011. Sad I know but I'm trying to build the perfect team, i.e the perfect season p38 w38 gf +100 ga -10

Now in season 2049/2050

Liverpool have gone unbeaten in a season numerous times but still haven't won 38 from 38  :(   

Gotta a new stadium capacity 99790. Have won the prem and the CL almost 40 times, once went unbeaten for over a thousand games.

(Christ I've really gotta get out more often   :D )

Always loved FM and CM games, especially in the early days. CM92-93 absorbed a lot of my time. Unfortunately new releases come so thick and fast now and with so much content I can't get half a season played before the January update.
Never tried classic mode because I'm an all or nothing kinda guy. Have you tried classic mode? Any good?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:25 pm

Never tried the "Classic" mode mate. I prefer the full hands on approach with all the options ,tactics, training etc, that normal mode offers.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:44 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:25 am wrote:Never tried the "Classic" mode mate. I prefer the full hands on approach with all the options ,tactics, training etc, that normal mode offers.

Same as me then :) once you've had all the trimmings, it seems dull without them! Just wish I could finish a season! I actually enjoyed playing it on my phone though. Got a lot more time into it that way, though it's simplified. Very clever match engine. I'm looking forwards to Fm15, around the middle of November I think, Though some of the new features seem to be scraping the barrel a bit.
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:45 pm

I got York City into the PL. I think that qualifies me for my badges :D
RedAnt

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:55 pm

RedAnt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:45 pm wrote:I got York City into the PL. I think that qualifies me for my badges :D

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Victoria Cross for you mate !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:59 pm

I actually beat Liverpool 4-0 in the FA Cup whilst in league 1. It felt very realistic lol.

My achievements are nowt compared to yours though. How many seasons have you played in the one you talk about above?
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:55 am

Anyone played Shadows of Mordor yet? A truly excellent game. It's very violent and not for kids. Full of action, stealth and Tolkien lore. Really sets the pulse racing. Highly recommended!
RedAnt

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:53 am

RedAnt » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:55 am wrote:Anyone played Shadows of Mordor yet? A truly excellent game. It's very violent and not for kids. Full of action, stealth and Tolkien lore. Really sets the pulse racing. Highly recommended!

Not yet mate but checked it out on youtube and it does look good, might get it for xmas   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:20 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:53 am wrote:
RedAnt » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:55 am wrote:Anyone played Shadows of Mordor yet? A truly excellent game. It's very violent and not for kids. Full of action, stealth and Tolkien lore. Really sets the pulse racing. Highly recommended!

Not yet mate but checked it out on youtube and it does look good, might get it for xmas   :)

Can't describe how good it is. And though it's awesome there's also tons of room for improvement. I normally like slow paced strategy, but this one really gets me going. The combat is very fluid. The scope is huge. The story is excellent. I'm a Tolkien lore-monger but it's not required. Anyone could play it.
Definate 9 out of 10.
RedAnt

Postby laza » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:22 am

Anyone tried Dragon Age Inquistion yet?

Really enjoyed the first one but was little disappointed with the second one
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:03 pm

laza » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:22 am wrote:Anyone tried Dragon Age Inquistion yet?

Really enjoyed the first one but was little disappointed with the second one

Not played it yet but enjoyed the series too. I'm also enjoying Divinity: Original Sin. I thought it sounded sh*t but got it cheap. It's actually a really great RPG. Much better than Dragon Age, I think.
RedAnt

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Played dragon age origins, really liked it as I was baldur's gate fan. Didn't play da 2. Cause it was more like an action rpg. Hope this dragon age inquisition is better.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:48 pm

maguskwt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:00 pm wrote:Played dragon age origins, really liked it as I was baldur's gate fan. Didn't play da 2. Cause it was more like an action rpg. Hope this dragon age inquisition is better.

Check the one I mentioned above...Divinty: Origin Sin. I was looking for old school rpg's. I've loved all the great ones. Divinity is new(ish) but takes lots of old school ideas. It plays like Baldurs Gate mostly but is more like temple of elemental evil in combat mode. It takes from lots of games. I'd not heard of it but all the reviews were excellent so I got it. Top game.
RedAnt

Postby laza » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:46 am

RedAnt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:48 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:00 pm wrote:Played dragon age origins, really liked it as I was baldur's gate fan. Didn't play da 2. Cause it was more like an action rpg. Hope this dragon age inquisition is better.

Check the one I mentioned above...Divinty: Origin Sin. I was looking for old school rpg's. I've loved all the great ones. Divinity is new(ish) but takes lots of old school ideas. It plays like Baldurs Gate mostly but is more like temple of elemental evil in combat mode. It takes from lots of games. I'd not heard of it but all the reviews were excellent so I got it. Top game.

Cheers for that mate, I keep an eye out for Divinity. Im also a big fan old school rpgs which were a lot of fun

Yes as PC gamer the second  dragon age for suffered from limited map and dumbing down of combat controls to have uniform with console gaming

The third one is suppose to have a massive map though im review I read says the NPC have been dumbed down control wise
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Just downloaded The Witcher (the first one). A bit of an oldie I guess, but trying to catch up on some of the RPGs.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum