Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:14 pm

I do hope the hankie is to wipe away tears and not something else  :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:33 pm

People need to at least wait and see how our full strength side gets on before pushing the panic button.
Danny has played just 3 games for us this season but with him leading the line we beat a Southampton team that are flying, tonked an unbeaten Tottenham side on their own patch and lost to City away from home after being the better side for 44 minutes.
Ricky and Mario were bought as relatively inexpensive back up options but the way some people are carrying on you'd swear Brendan had blown our entire budget on them! Is it really the end of the world that our back up strikers haven't hit the ground running?
We've just been unlucky that Daniel has had 2 injuries in quick succession, once he's back though our form will improve and people will look back on some of their posts in this thread with embaressment.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby sgs » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:41 pm

You would be absolutely right if this was all there was to it. Sadly its not even half of it!

We have a manager who talks a good talk, but his decisions appear to contradict the talk. You want a ball playing team, playing out from the back, then u go and sign Mignolet; a GK without legs!

You are conceding the same goals u did 3yrs ago and all the opponent needs to score on u, is merely to put the ball in the box!

You want to control games from MF- death by a thousand passes, but u don't have technical players to help dominate possession. You don't have players to break up play in MF. So in the end you are between and betwixt!
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby only me » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:42 pm

sgs » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:41 pm wrote:You would be absolutely right if this was all there was to it. Sadly its not even half of it!

We have a manager who talks a good talk, but his decisions appear to contradict the talk. You want a ball playing team, playing out from the back, then u go and sign Mignolet; a GK without legs!

You are conceding the same goals u did 3yrs ago and all the opponent needs to score on u, is merely to put the ball in the box!

You want to control games from MF- death by a thousand passes, but u don't have technical players to help dominate possession. You don't have players to break up play in MF. So in the end you are between and betwixt!

Can't argue with the bottom line (at least for now) but it has nothing to do with your post...We Did great last year with the same GK and BR did go ahead and bought 2 new FB and a CB ,Regarding the MF really?? Lallana and Marcovich are player without technical abilities? So while i can't argue with the current form your post has nothing to do with it.

BR major failure is not bringing quality strikers and a significant DM which would defend our CB's and help develop play.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:35 pm

only me » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:42 pm wrote:
sgs » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:41 pm wrote:You would be absolutely right if this was all there was to it. Sadly its not even half of it!

Can't argue with the bottom line (at least for now) but it has nothing to do with your post...We Did great last year with the same GK and BR did go ahead and bought 2 new FB and a CB ,Regarding the MF really?? Lallana and Marcovich are player without technical abilities? So while i can't argue with the current form your post has nothing to do with it.

BR major failure is not bringing quality strikers and a significant DM which would defend our CB's and help develop play.

Who is this Marcovich player that you speak of? ???
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:37 pm

I'm simply disgruntled. Most, if not all of our players are looking dispirited too. It's important to lift the players so we can see our new signings playing with confidence. We've not seen that yet. So I hold fire on the team. But lifting the players falls largely down to Rodgers. We have to make do at least until January, so his biggest task right now is to create a good atmosphere.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby only me » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:40 pm

eds » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:35 pm wrote:
only me » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:42 pm wrote:

Who is this Marcovich player that you speak of? ???

Lazar mate....Look it up.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:39 pm

Not just our club but any club I wish there was transparency about who recruits players.

We don't have a director of football but I understand we do have committee that evaluates players and makes
recommendations, but who has the final say?

Its no secret that owners do sign players despite managers reservations and anyone thinking otherwise is kidding themselves
so its unfair that these guys have to take all the heat if it goes wrong, owners should admit their mistakes and not hang their
managers out to dry.

If Brendan Rodgers has been behind every signing Liverpool have made then yes he's clearly made mistakes but I wonder if
some have been forced upon him by the committee and owners, which changes our perceptions completely.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:05 am

In that case he's nothing but a yes man
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:21 am

I think they are all yes man on some level these days and no manager completely controls recruitment.

They do have to carry the can when it goes wrong though, and that is what I don't agree with and the only reason they are so quiet about it
is staying in employment now and not looking like a gobshyte for any future employer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:53 am

only me » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:40 pm wrote:

Look up what?

There is a Lazar Markovic at our club.

Don't know anyone by the name of Marcovich  :suspect:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:51 am

eds » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:53 am wrote:

Look up what?

Stop being so feckin' anal eds, give everyone a break pal.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:23 am

Reg » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:51 am wrote:
eds » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:53 am wrote:

Look up what?

Stop being so feckin' anal eds, give everyone a break pal.

When posters resort to spelling/grammar comments you know they reached rock bottom Reg ,it's ok. It's pathetic but it's still ok.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:05 am

Ridiculous not ridicules, remember that only me  :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:12 am

Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:05 am wrote:Ridiculous not ridicules, remember that only me  :D

Exactly  :D  Totally ridicules
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion