LIVERPOOL V Hull - Sat 25th Oct 2014 3PM KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Doeboy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:02 pm

Well good opportunity for us to bounce back after midweek. I know we haven't played great recently but win this and that will be 3 league wins on the trot and gets us on a run. Hull have a few injuries I believe. I fancy us to take this 2/3-0
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:07 pm

Actually with our shoddy defending, expect Hull to get one. So make it 3-1. Lallana, Lambert and Gerrard
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:13 pm

They don't have just a few injured, they have half their team injured, along with their two goalies. Anything but a convincing win will be a disaster.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:08 pm

damjan193 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:13 pm wrote:They don't have just a few injured, they have half their team injured, along with their two goalies. Anything but a convincing win will be a disaster.

I'd go with this line up -

Mingolet

Manquillo            Toure            Lovren             Moreno

Henderson       Can

Sterling            Coutinho           Lallana

Balotelli

Won't happen like because Gerrard is undroppable but that's the team I'd opt for.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Line-up according to how the players were divided today on training (not necessarily the same formation):

Mignolet

Manquillo      Skrtel      Lovren       Moreno

Can      Gerrard    Allen

Sterling         Balotelli        Lallana

I can understand resting Henderson (although I don't agree with it), but why is Coutinho not in there? He's been one of the better players in the past 2 games or so, surely he deserves a start? Glad Manquillo is back in the line-up though. I thought Johnson would be the automatic starter once the returned from his injury.

Anyway, they've got Allan McGregor, Steve Harper, Michael Dawson and Nikica Jelavic all out for this one while Tom Huddlestone and Andy Robertson are doubtful. So regardless of what and who we play, anything but a convincing win will be a disappointment.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:05 pm

Would continue with the Team which finished the Madrid game with minor changes...Drop Glenda for Monquilo ,Keep Coutinho. No Need for Mario.

You get Sterling ,Coutinho ,Lallana ,Marcovich ,Allen ,Hendo and Gerrad to Boss the MF and see if anyone of this bunch can net a few. We know Mario can't.
Till we get a real Striker at least have us terrorize the MF. I'll be curios to check this option.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:19 pm

They have a better midfield than us
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:30 pm

Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:19 pm wrote:They have a better midfield than us

Consisting of whom?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:12 am

Huddlestone, Livermore and Diame. Three good players with a good mix.

What people like yourself fail to realise is that other teams have good players too and some of ours are no more than good on their day. Hence the reason you have ""freak" results all the time in this league, the gaps aren't as big as people think they are, delusional fans usually think if someone does alright for their own side they're up there with the best in the league, I tend to find that fans of mid table teams have a genuinely better understanding when it come to rating their own
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:18 am

Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:12 pm wrote:Huddlestone, Livermore and Diame. Three good players with a good mix.

What people like yourself fail to realise is that other teams have good players too and some of ours are no more than good on their day. Hence the reason you have ""freak" results all the time in this league, the gaps aren't as big as people think they are, delusional fans usually think if someone does alright for their own side they're up there with the best in the league, I tend to find that fans of mid table teams have a genuinely better understanding when it come to rating their own

Actually i asked because i genuinely didn't know..You assuming to know what "people like myself" realise or know is pretty pathetic. Let's put aside your style of "i'm the only one which understand football" approach and focus on what i wrote. When other saw us trashing QPR is warned of a tough game so i wouldn't underestimate ANY rival in the EPL and in our current form ANY one anywhere. What i claimed before the arrogance mist descended on you that if we play a 6 man MF (would never happen i know) ,we should have the advantage ,So yes they some physical big MF's but our numbers ,quicknes ,techincal skills should give us a big advantage over them. It will allow us to control the ball ,settle down a bit and try creating some chances.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 am

I would say technically and physically they have a far stronger midfield. We have Coutinho and Sterling and are at home so that may see us through but the idiot will probably d or Coutinho for one reason or another
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:18 am

Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:04 am wrote:I would say technically and physically they have a far stronger midfield. We have Coutinho and Sterling and are at home so that may see us through but the idiot will probably d or Coutinho for one reason or another

Bit too harsh of a judgment. Coutinho ,Sterling and Lallana are by far technically superior ,Allen and Hendo should supply the intensity and physicality and Gerrard...Well hope he does something...But i fear we will see the Mario show once again.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:02 am

I'd go with this:

Mignolet

Johnson      Skrtel      Lovren       Moreno

Gerrard   

Henderson             Coutinho

Sterling
             Borini             Balotelli

I expect Diame to do a job on Gerrard so Coutinho in there (deeper) would really help us with getting the ball moving in the middle of the park. Allen and Lallana have done well but I think this is our best setup given what we have available and the lineup allows us to focus on doing what we do best. We most likely wont be getting a clean sheet here
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:35 am

Don't agree with you ace. Moreno has been woeful, when we do play that formation we lack width and the full backs lack an out ball, Sterling is wasted badly in that line up and borini should never pull on a training top ever again let alone a first team shirt…
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:57 pm

Stu the Red » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:35 pm wrote:Don't agree with you ace. Moreno has been woeful, when we do play that formation we lack width and the full backs lack an out ball, Sterling is wasted badly in that line up and borini should never pull on a training top ever again let alone a first team shirt…

I've always been a big supporter of Enrique but I've gone for both Moreno and Johnson because I think they give us better shape when we play Sterling in a central role. The final ball from all our fullbacks (and wide players for that matter) is woeful and I feel at this point its imperative that we give Balotelli a bit of support upfront. Our midfielder dont make enough runs into the box, we dont create enough chances and it's all gotten a bit stale with our attacking game with the 1 upfront.

Basically, it came down to a choice of Lambert or Borini. Lambert offers little else besides being a focal point when we decide to go for a longer ball. I think Balotelli has done well enough winning those sort of duels when called upon. What Borini gives is a better pressing game from higher up. His movement also opens up the spaces for Sterling to exploit.

I find your assessment of Sterling in the position staggering to be honest Stu. I think he was fantastic for us there last season and I think most of his best work this season has come when he has had the chance to run at defenders and midfielders from central areas. He's almost unstoppable at the break in central areas with his pace and ability to go either way; not as effective when played wide imo (lacks a bit of .

The trio of Gerrard-Henderson-Coutinho is the best we have to offer imo.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games