Who's your favourite all time player

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:21 am

Growing up I idolised Keegan and then Kenny but in terms of attitude, big game performance, power and energy for me it has to be our living legend Gerrard. He had much less to work with from his team but is the true definition of a captain.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:22 pm

Biscan. The lad oozed class with his vision, close ball control and passing range. Easily the most underrated player to wear the shirt.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:40 am

Kyrgiakos amused me and I guess your favourite player doesn't have to be a fantastic footballer or club legend.

Baros too, liked him, the swashbuckling Patrick Berger, Forest Gump Titi Camara, and way back Terry Mac who was class and underrated, Craig Johnston.

Babel was the bomb that never exploded.

Ronnie Rosenthal  :buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Big soto did a decent job, at the time we were vulnerable to teams who adopted a physical approach and he came in and shored us up at the back. He got his two front teeth knocked out by Kevin Davies in a MoM performance against Bolton and remember that 'clash of the titans' 50/50 tackle with Fellini in the derby?
Soto was sent off but Fellini got carried off and was out for about 3 months.
For £1.5m he was a good signing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:58 pm

SUAREZ! :bowdown  :buttrock
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:04 pm

He was the best I have seen in a Liverpool shirt but favourite has to have shown some loyalty to the club. He should have given us one more year as we did achieve the thing "he most wanted"  :glare:  CL football.

Last year he was immense but he is the true definition of a mercenary
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:21 am

I used to love Barnes and Rushy when I was a kid, I even got some nice red Ian Rush signed shinpads which I still own today.

But my favourite player ever has to be Robbie Fowler.. he was the best finisher in the buisness. The fact he hasn't got 30 caps for England is criminal.

The best players ive loved in recent memories are Gerrard, Suarez, Hyypia, Carra, Torres, Finnan..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:52 am

I used to love Barnes and Rushy when I was a kid, I even got some nice red Ian Rush signed shinpads which I still own today.

But my favourite player ever has to be Robbie Fowler.. he was the best finisher in the buisness. The fact he hasn't got 30 caps for England is criminal.

The best players ive loved in recent memories are Gerrard, Suarez, Hyypia, Carra, Torres, Finnan..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:35 pm

Luis Suarez.

The most skilful, enthusiastic, hard working, influencial, stunning finisher and creative player to ever play for this club.

Absolute genius who single handedly turned a mid table side into championship challengers.

Absolute legend!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:06 am

Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:35 pm wrote:Luis Suarez.

The most skilful, enthusiastic, hard working, influencial, stunning finisher and creative player to ever play for this club.

Absolute genius who single handedly turned a mid table side into championship challengers.

Absolute legend!

Such a shame we don't consider reds players 'Legends' based on purely ability ,and equally fortunate that  duplicitous ,deceitful little forked tongued mercenaries
will never be placed on such a lofty pedestal.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:49 am

I disagree with you red,  I think the lad was that good it doesn't matter about his character flaws. I will always remember him as the discrption above and nothing else. With regards to him being a mercenary again I disagree, he didn't have players around him that were of anything like the same quality, can't really blame him for leaving or even giving it a thought. It's easy for likes of rush and Kenny etc wanting to stay, firstly they are British and so are their family's, secondly they were already playing for the best side in Europe, they only had too look across the dressing room at what was sat there to know everything would be alright and they were always going to win tin pots. It's easy to be loyal to a great team.

Luis put everything into every game he played for this club. That coupled with his insane talent is enough for me.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:43 am

I think when we look back after 20 years or so Suarez will be remembered for being a very good player that gave us one great season. He gave the club what they paid for but did not repay the fans for their loyalty even though they stuck by him through thick and thin. The great season he had was to get his dream move and we were merely a stepping stone and I don't think he will ever reach those highs again. Just like he made us better, I think we made him better. I  also think he will not retire at Barcalona and will move on again. For me he will always be viewed as a mercenary as good as he was which makes him no different to 99% of players nowadays. He certainly had the talent to be a legend but not the loyalty and to me "legend" needs to give more.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:22 pm

Yeah, but you only have to look at what's happened to the team now that they're trying to cope without him being around.
They're absolutely useless and that alone is a testament to just how fucklng good the wee scrote really was (is), never mind the goals he scored for us.
At the end of the day the boy's ambitious, and his ambition involved playing at a higher level than LFC. Can't really blame him for following his dream, can we?
For me, he was probably the best player to ever wear the shirt, and I fear we may never see anyone as good as him at the club again.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:52 am

Suarez is the most talented player Liverpool have ever had and I am old school. Absolutely magnificent.

Gerrard the most loyal and committed footballer from Liverpool. Incredible player.

You can run off the names but these two boys are the best Liverpool have ever had and I saw Dalglish and
them all from early 80s.

My opinion only of course, I didn't see anything in 60s and 70s.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:15 am

Just making sure I've posted last in every part of the forum due to boredem! :)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge