Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:22 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:41 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:26 pm wrote:This shirt swapping thing is being blown out of all proportion, it's not as if Mario initiated the swap, Pepe tapped him on the shoulder and indicated that he wanted to swap shirts, I suppose Mario could have told him to f**k off but the papers would probably then say he's anti social or something.

There was little reaction from the Kop last night over this supposed furore over the shirt swapping ,but I get the distinct impression from last night if Rodgers blows this
out of all proportion he may find the fans who pay to watch this dross not too accommodating ....In truth whilst he's a good manager he's possibly developing a reputation
for acting out of sheer cowardice for insisting on playing Gerrard week in and week out ! I think its decisions like including the likes of him and Johnson mate ,that are
grating on the fans more than anything else ,plus the added distraction of ritually lambasting Balotelli will certainly not aid his cause.

I don't think it's any coincidence mate that our pressing game has gradually regressed as the likes of Gerrard and Johnson have got older.
When Brendan first arrived our pressing used to tail off on the hour mark, now 20 minutes is seemingly all we have got in us. 20 minutes pressing for a team of professional athlete's is scandalous.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fourth Official » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:26 pm

O mario mario,..what the hell are you doing.
Fourth Official
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:10 pm

This is getting too much unnecessary attention. Didn't Sakho do the same once? Coutinho too I think.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:09 am

damjan193 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:10 pm wrote:This is getting too much unnecessary attention. Didn't Sakho do the same once? Coutinho too I think.

Agree. Was dissapointed he did it especially the way the game was going but do feel it's bit of a witch hunt when it comes to Balotelli. Desperately needs some goals to create some positivity around him. If he was scoring and putting in performances, it wouldn't have been made as much of an issue
Doeboy

Postby tonyeh » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Getting sick of this nonsense now.

It was on the bloody radio again this morning. Who cares any more. It's such a non issue. Both Bellytelly and Liverpool have much, much deeper problems that a bit of shirt swapping.

In any case, Mario was tapped and asked to swap his shirt, what was he supposed to say. "Fück off ya little kunt" ?

Too much being made of this, but I'd say Rodgers is sorta happy about because it's taken the real heat off what's wrong.
tonyeh

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:19 pm

tonyeh » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:06 am wrote:Getting sick of this nonsense now.

It was on the bloody radio again this morning. Who cares any more. It's such a non issue. Both Bellytelly and Liverpool have much, much deeper problems that a bit of shirt swapping.

In any case, Mario was tapped and asked to swap his shirt, what was he supposed to say. "Fück off ya little kunt" ?

Too much being made of this, but I'd say Rodgers is sorta happy about because it's taken the real heat off what's wrong.

Exactly. I'm still waiting for the headline "today there is no news!" rather than a paper/programme being filled with non-events.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Fourth Official » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:57 pm

Why has no one made a comment about mario on the news yesterday tea time with regards to kicking off with some women on prob the biggest council estate in manchester ???...( near his ma's ) ???
Fourth Official
LFC Basic Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Probably because we are all bored of hearing about his supposed bad points that always get blown out of proportion. The headlines I am interested in are his on pitch antics
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:26 pm

According to some media reports ,Mario is putting in extra shifts at Melwood  to improve his fitness. 

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:23 pm

How does he fit in his hair appointments then? Allegedly £500 per week on that mullet...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby aCe' » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:15 pm

Well, not much has changed. I still think he's a decent player. Not a top top bracket player and most likely never will be. That said, he is still the second best forward we have at the club and I think the main problem is Rodgers' failure to utilize him properly rather than him suddenly becoming a worse player than he was the day we signed him. With Sturridge back, I think his performances and contribution will improve drastically.

For me, we need to get back to playing 2 upfront and a diamond in the middle. Get Coutinho playing a bit deeper and getting on the ball more often and Sterling making the runs from more central positions where he is more effective. Borini and Lambert are nowhere near the quality we should have at the club (not even as 3rd and 4th choice; especially when you consider we rejected the chance to sign Remi) but with Sturrige injured I'd still start one of them to help our attacking game.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:07 pm

Amen.

Lone striker ***** does my tits in. It did when Rafa was in charge and it does with Brendan. It's just waaay too easy to isolate a single striker.
tonyeh

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:55 am

Balotelli isn't a quarter of the player Torres was so clearly a lone striker isn't going to work - plus he doesn't have the self belief Torres (used to) have at Anfield. Square peg/round hole I'm afraid. Still, BR is aware of it just as we are.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:09 pm

The Gerrard'n'Torres combination worked well for a while, but then teams learned to isolate the Spaniard, knock him about and eliminate him from the game. Torres was really roughed up in his time at Liverpool and I believe that was a major factor in his subsequent downfall.

It's just all too easy for teams to set up against a team the totally relies on a single man to get goals.

A single striker can work IF the midfield are capable and instructed to get forward and score goals.

But, really, give me two any day of the week.

Certainly agree on old Bellytelly being a square peg etc.
tonyeh

Postby Octsky » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:56 pm

how many clear cut chances mario missed today??
on hindsight signing remy would be many times better and save us 10m
Octsky
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion