Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:50 pm

What amazes me is how prolific the posts  have become in this thread since the team has been struggling ,as opposed to last season when we came within a hares breath
of winning the fucking thing ! It seems far more posters are more open to denigrating the fella when he's in dire need of the trait we as fans  are supposed to pride
ourselves in 'PATIENCE' ....Although based on this thread 'specifically' I'm not sure it exists any longer. 

As for the context of some of the posts ,frankly they leave me embarrassed to use this forum ....Shameful !  :no
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Some of us noticed it during the season red, I thought his team selection against Villa at home stunk of arrogance and was confusing and while I didn't sIate the man to death and did occasionally praise him my praise was never to the extent of some. I often stay on the fence with managers within their first two years, it was by the end of the second I could see where we needed to improve and what was needed, from there if the manager delivers, he buys himself more time, if he doesn't as Rodgers failed to do I believe I have every to start questioning, to then see it going as expected is heart breaking when with Luis we were so close last season.

Al'
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Not to mention the same people were even quicker to jump on Hodgson. Rodgers deserves every bit of criticism he gets, it's his team and he has spent over two hundred million mate and hardly any of it has improved us, in fact I would go as far as to say that none bar Sturridge and Coutinho have and after spending that kind of money it's completely unacceptable
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:35 pm wrote:Not to mention the same people were even quicker to jump on Hodgson. Rodgers deserves every bit of criticism he gets, it's his team and he has spent over two hundred million mate and hardly any of it has improved us, in fact I would go as far as to say that none bar Sturridge and Coutinho have and after spending that kind of money it's completely unacceptable

Stu, Hodgsons gaffs were epic in scale when measured in comparison to Rodgers failure to sort out our defence or his apparent failure in the market ,Hodgson publicly destroyed any hope of rescuing any affinity with Liverpool supporters ! Rodgers believed with the acquisition of Can that he was buying a genuine enforcer for the future
he also believed Markovic would burn up the ground like he did at Benfica ,both players have had little time afforded in playing to their strengths .

Origi is another who could be sensational next season. The truth is until the established clique is rested ,we really wont know ! The only players bought for the present
team were probably Moreno,  Lallana ,Balotelli ,and Lovren and the latter has yet to settle into the kind of form he had for Southampton ,as for Balotelli shorn of  the intelligence of  Sturridge he's been asked to perform a role thats practically' alien to him..... All I'm saying is support the man employed with the task of returning us
to our former glories ,because right now  that's specifically his job ...Our job as supporters is to credit him with a modicum of  respect for what he brought back to this
club last season 'PRIDE'

Now that's something I  can work with  ,but some aren't even prepared to afford the man as little as that.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:18 pm

I was dubious of BR from the start, but then we had a great season and I wondered if perhaps I was very wrong. This season, minus Suarez, we're awful. It would be incredibly dishonest and fickle of me to start harping on about what a great manager he was. I've given due credit in this thread when things have gone well, but mostly I stated quiet, not wanting to be prematurely judgemental. This season my fears have been realised. I've never called for Brendan's head. I've merely pointed out what I believe he has done wrong. That's my opinion and others are fully entitled to disagree. However, to believe their opinion is more valid than mine, especially those who have repeatedly questioned his decisions (ie playing Gerrard) is arrogant and hypocritical. This is a discussion forum and people should be allowed to voice their opinions without fear of some know-it-all being disrespectful of others opinions. Dictatorship anyone?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:31 pm

The difference is red you credit the manager with our form last season, I credit the insane ability of the most gifted player to grace the anfield turf.

Roy's gaffs were shocking at times, but I have to point out, that he did not waste the biggest transfer budget in LFC history a few months after blowing the league title through pure arrogance and also playing his part in releasing Suarez. He then continued to play Sterling out of position and you ask for time for the signings…

I'm still giving Allen time to turn into a world class player but I am still waiting. Time doesn't make a bad player good mate. That origi doesn't look up to much to me either, another average player.

Then there are the reasons you mentioned such as failing to sort out the defence keeper and midfield… in fact, now you say it like that.… since Luis left it's the whole team that needs sorting, we still lack three class players to compete at the top end of the league.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:31 pm

RedAnt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:18 pm wrote:I was dubious of BR from the start, but then we had a great season and I wondered if perhaps I was very wrong. This season, minus Suarez, we're awful. It would be incredibly dishonest and fickle of me to start harping on about what a great manager he was. I've given due credit in this thread when things have gone well, but mostly I stated quiet, not wanting to be prematurely judgemental. This season my fears have been realised. I've never called for Brendan's head. I've merely pointed out what I believe he has done wrong. That's my opinion and others are fully entitled to disagree. However, to believe their opinion is more valid than mine, especially those who have repeatedly questioned his decisions (ie playing Gerrard) is arrogant and hypocritical. This is a discussion forum and people should be allowed to voice their opinions without fear of some know-it-all being disrespectful of others opinions. Dictatorship anyone?

1,That's big of you .
2,Time for a W*nk then
3,Extremely magnanimous gesture.

Thank you for your unstinting support .....Next !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:33 pm

Ant it's starting to sound like you're crying every time disagrees with you lad, stop taking offence and playing the victim and grow some balls mate
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:55 pm

Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:33 pm wrote:Ant it's starting to sound like you're crying every time disagrees with you lad, stop taking offence and playing the victim and grow some balls mate

:D
He does seem somewhat tender when exposed to critique.  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:21 pm

Let's give BR credit for getting what he did out of Suarez, though most of me believes that was down to the player himself.
I'll give him credit for wanting to play with attacking flair. That's commendable in the face of Stoke-like tactics, for example.
Let's not however give him credit for panic buys - Balotelli, Sakho - or for a policy of buying players like Ilori who many clubs coveted and sending him out to "develop", when we have a few donkeys already in the squad. Or his approach with Ibe, Suso, and others deemed "too young". How old was Owen or Fowler? Believing he is buying for a future he may not witness at LFC when our gaps are plain for all to see is just naive
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:28 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:55 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:33 pm wrote:Ant it's starting to sound like you're crying every time disagrees with you lad, stop taking offence and playing the victim and grow some balls mate

:D
He does seem somewhat tender when exposed to critique.  :;):

Criticise all you like. Just don't be rude and insulting. No need for it. I've said my bit in a fair manner. I've backed my opinions as best I can with my limited literacy skills. I don't think I've ever insulted anyone. Certainly not intentionally. I'm not here to make friends or enemies. Just to talk football. Simple. Why not do the same? Talk football. Don't have a go at people for having a different opinion to you.
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Stop being a wimp ant and crack on, it's not as if he called you and your family a gang of knob heads is it?

Questioning someone's knowledge on football is hardly offensive.

As I said earlier, grow a pair mate and stop whining
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Guys, stop talking to me. I'm not interested. Talk football.
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:59 pm

Stu the Red » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:34 pm wrote:Stop being a wimp ant and crack on, it's not as if he called you and your family a gang of knob heads is it?

Questioning someone's knowledge on football is hardly offensive.

As I said earlier, grow a pair mate and stop whining

He's not talking to us any more Stu ....He's become perturbed with some forum members holding differing perspectives on the term 'support' ...Now pass me a hankie lad ,my keyboards getting wet . :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:19 pm

RedAnt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:38 pm wrote:Guys, stop talking to me. I'm not interested. Talk football.

:cool:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion