DIVOCK ORIGI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Liverpool FC striker Divock Origi has been hailed as a monster by Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany.

The Reds snapped up the young Belgian forward from Lille in a £10m deal in July, with the 19-year-old spending this season back on loan with the French club.

Origi rose to prominence after five league goals last season, followed by a brilliant World Cup – and he has started this season in excellent form, scoring four goals in all competitions.

He also notched in Belgium’s 6-0 win over Andorra, leading to the glowing tributes from compatriot Kompany.

“He is very gifted and talented,” said Kompany. “Technically, he’s a monster.“More importantly, he is an outstanding worker in training. I see him working like crazy.”

Origi, who revealed he keeps regular contact with Reds boss Brendan Rodgers, has played both up front and on the left wing for Lille this season, and has now established himself as first-choice in Marc Wilmots’ international side.

And Kompany, a two-time Premier League winner, believes there is no limit to Origi’s potential.

“If he continues in this way, in a few years he will be among the five or ten best strikers in the world,” added Kompany.

Belgium meet Bosnia and Herzegovina on Monday night, with the Red Devils already well placed to qualify for Euro 2016.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/on-loan-liverpool-fc-striker-divock-7927960
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:50 pm

lille play the bitters at 6 and its on itv 4.
hopefully he plays and sticks it to them  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:53 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:50 pm wrote:lille play the bitters at 6 and its on itv 4.
hopefully he plays and sticks it to them  :D

Thanks for the heads up mate! I forgot it was an early kick off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:59 pm

no bother lad, just seen it in the paper myself.
it will be interesting to see how he performs in this as he will be getting stick from the crowd  :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:07 pm

:blush: 
thought it was in goodison
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:45 pm

Not exactly Suarez is he  ??? Another a average player
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:49 pm

he's young though  :laugh:
he does look to have a right bit of pace on him though,just his final ball is letting him down in this game.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:12 pm

can't we pay Lille some rensom money and get him back now??? Really we spend so much and Krap so yes swallow our pride and open the wallets and get him here quickly.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:43 pm

only me » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:12 pm wrote:can't we pay Lille some rensom money and get him back now??? Really we spend so much and Krap so yes swallow our pride and open the wallets and get him here quickly.

from what i seen of him tonight he would be better off staying there and gaining experience as bringing him back here as some sort of saviour is not going to work. it will only destroy the lads confidence if he is not ready and imo he isnt.
based on that game i wouldnt think he's going to bring anything that jordan ibe couldnt.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:27 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:43 pm wrote:
only me » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:12 pm wrote:can't we pay Lille some rensom money and get him back now??? Really we spend so much and Krap so yes swallow our pride and open the wallets and get him here quickly.

from what i seen of him tonight he would be better off staying there and gaining experience as bringing him back here as some sort of saviour is not going to work. it will only destroy the lads confidence if he is not ready and imo he isnt.
based on that game i wouldnt think he's going to bring anything that jordan ibe couldnt.

In another thread i call for getting Ibe back as well  :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Ibe and Origi to save our season, bad bad times ahead I reckon. Can see us finishing sixth or seventh to be honest
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:12 pm

only me » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:12 pm wrote:can't we pay Lille some rensom money and get him back now??? Really we spend so much and Krap so yes swallow our pride and open the wallets and get him here quickly.

An option to bring him back in January does exist actually. All three parties have to agree though (us, Origi and Lille). I doubt Lille will accept though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:41 pm

This player is the real deal. Have seen him play in france and his movement,power & pace reminds me of drogba (don't wanna jinx him and all....but that's what I see him as).

The transfer committee got it right with him (as I though they got it with Emre Can). So Kudos to him. Defenders will be shitting in their pants when they see a strike force of Sterling, Sturridge and Origi (He does have a kinky last name  :D ) running at them at full pace. Yes, I expect Rodgers to play 4-3-3 with these 3 players.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:25 am

damjan193 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:12 pm wrote:An option to bring him back in January does exist actually. All three parties have to agree though (us, Origi and Lille). I doubt Lille will accept though.

Maybe we can con them into taking Balotelli as a replacement for Origi ?    :)

Probably not   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:30 am

Struggling to see what all the fuss is about with him to be honest. Watched him three or four times in in two games, one against Everto I didn't even realise he was on the pitch till he skinned Baines. Just looked another average Rodgers signing with no real quality to him to me, seemed to lack movement and instinct and I think those expecting him to replace Luis or even Danny are going to be very upset
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion