Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:35 am

cardiff-red wrote:Is this guy Reid any better than we already have ??

West Ham are hoping to hold talks over a new contract for defender Winston Reid next week.

The New Zealand international captain has been one of the club's most consistent performers and has drawn attention from Premier League rivals such as Tottenham, QPR, Everton and Liverpool.

The added attraction is that the 26-year-old, West Ham's player of the year in 2013, is in the final year of his deal and can walk away next summer for free and talk to foreign clubs from January.

It is understood his advisers are waiting to see what other offers come forward although West Ham are prepared to give him a contract that will push him towards their top earners.

Reid has played 100 times in the Premier League for West Ham since joining from Danish side Midtjylland in 2010.

He has played 18 times for New Zealand, scoring once in the 2010 World Cup finals.

Source: Daily Mail

He is alot better than Toure and is better with the ball at his feet than the rest of our CBS similar to Agger but to pay the quoted 15M is a bit high considering that will put us near 50 million in just over a year on 3 CBs

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Daniel Wass is open to a move away from Evian when the transfer window reopens in January.

The 25-year-old was linked with a move to Liverpool at the beginning of the summer, but a bid failed to materialise as the Reds prioritised the £25m signing of Adam Lallana.

However, the Anfield outfit are reportedly set to renew their interest in January after the Dane's impressive start to the Ligue 1 campaign, scoring four and assisting one.

The winger, who also doubles up as a full-back, is also expected to attract some interest from Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

The then Real Madrid boss personally scouted Wass during his stint at Benfica in 2012, and is understood to be highly regarded by Mourinho.

And Wass insists he would consider any approach made for his services in the winter window.

He said: "My head is still in Evian but if you offer me a departure in January, I will not say no.

"I want to progress and prove my abilities at a higher level.

"But a club has to be interested to meet the requirements that Evian have."

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:00 pm

cardiff-red » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:25 am wrote:Is this guy Reid any better than we already have ??

West Ham are hoping to hold talks over a new contract for defender Winston Reid next week.

The New Zealand international captain has been one of the club's most consistent performers and has drawn attention from Premier League rivals such as Tottenham, QPR, Everton and Liverpool.

The added attraction is that the 26-year-old, West Ham's player of the year in 2013, is in the final year of his deal and can walk away next summer for free and talk to foreign clubs from January.

It is understood his advisers are waiting to see what other offers come forward although West Ham are prepared to give him a contract that will push him towards their top earners.

Reid has played 100 times in the Premier League for West Ham since joining from Danish side Midtjylland in 2010.

He has played 18 times for New Zealand, scoring once in the 2010 World Cup finals.

he's pretty decent in the air but no better than what we currently have imo.
this story has been covered by a few outlets now but not sure if there is any real truth in it.
i hope there isn't.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:10 pm

LFC1990 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:35 am wrote:
cardiff-red wrote:Is this guy Reid any better than we already have ??

He is alot better than Toure and is better with the ball at his feet than the rest of our CBS similar to Agger but to pay the quoted 15M is a bit high considering that will put us near 50 million in just over a year on 3 CBs

toure is well past it and should have been let go to turkey in the summer, llori should have got his place and the minutes he will get this season.
reid will push us over 50 million if he signs at that price.
we are a champions league club and are potentially looking at players like this  :veryangry  id much rather we pushed our efforts at a defender that would make an immediate difference like hummels rather than another player who will achieve a move far beyond his wildest dreams
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:53 pm

I agree with RTID, Ilorri should be given a chance before we start signing more average players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:45 pm

obviously borini's agent is as deluded as him  :nod
http://www.football-italia.net/57281/bo ... anks-inter?
i don't know why he is thanking inter when they obviously scoffed at the asking price  :laugh: with any luck he will pay the difference to get him out of here in january  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:25 am

Liverpool are set to make an offer for Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas as they look to bring in quality competition for Simon Mignolet.

The Reds had looked set to sign free agent Victor Valdes until recently but with that deal now stalling, attention has turned to experienced veteran Casillas.

Madrid are happy to ditch the 33-year-old in the new year and reports in Spain say Liverpool will make an offer to bring him to Anfield.

Casillas has made a number of high profile errors in the last few weeks but it has not put off Brendan Rodgers, who believes Casillas could be rejuvenated by a fresh challenge.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:25 am

Liverpool have been given the green light to sign Ezequiel Lavezzi after Paris St-Germain blocked their attempts to land Edinson Cavani.

PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has publicly announced that the Uruguay international will be staying in the French capital during the next transfer window.

Despite the setback, it now opens to door for Liverpool make a move for Cavani's PSG teammate Lavezzi.

The Argentina international was tracked by Rodgers over the summer, and according to various reports, he could be now be set for a move to Anfield.

PSG are keen to offload Lavezzi after Christmas, and Liverpool face stiff competition from Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan for his signature.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:33 am

Arsenal, Liverpool & Tottenham are monitoring the progress of Japanese international Shinji Okazaki.

The diminutive striker has already netted five goals in his opening six Bundesliga game, with a further three in other competitions to boot.

His obvious eye for goal has attracted attention from all over Europe, with Premier League scouts known to have attended some Mainz matches this season.

Okazaki was selected in Japan's squad for the 2014 World Cup, and netted once in the team's 4-1 drubbing at the hands of Colombia.

The 28-year-old is valued at around £8m, but with just less than two-years of his contract remaining - he may be sold for a moderately reduced fee.

Okazaki was selected in Japan's squad for the 2014 World Cup, and netted once in the team's 4-1 drubbing at the hands of Colombia.

The 28-year-old is valued at around £8m, but with just less than two-years of his contract remaining - he may be sold for a moderately reduced fee.

Tottenham are the lowest scoring side in the Premier League's top nine, and clearly need reinforcements to aid their inconsistent talisman Emmanuel Adebayor.

Liverpool are also in need of some more firepower up-front.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:19 am

Liverpool have been given a boost in the hunt for Kiko Casilla after he admitted he could be sold by Espanyol in January to raise funds.

Casilla is a top target for Liverpool as they look to add another quality glovesman to their squad in the new year, to rival first-choice Simon Mignolet.

And speaking amid growing speculation about his future, Casilla says he is yet to have contact with the Reds, but refused to rule out a switch.

'I've not had a call from anyone at Liverpool yet,' he told AS.

'Espanyol are like most Spanish clubs - they need money - and if my departure happens, it's because Espanyol needs the money.

'When the bids happen, if it happens, we will value it and decide what happens.'

Liverpool are thought to be preparing an £8million bid to bring Casilla to Anfield.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:00 am

Liverpool have been handed a boost in their pursuit of Fiorentina goalkeeper Norberto Neto.

The Reds are in the market for a new stopper. Anfield boss Brendan Rodgers is also keeping tabs on free agent Victor Valdes, but his wage demands may see him favour a move for Neto.

25-year-old Neto, whose contract expires at the end of the season, is reportedly interested in wages of around £20,000-a-week.

While Valdes, 32, is keen on earning as much as he did at Barcelona, a weekly wage of around £90,000.

And Neto admits he would never join Serie A rivals Juventus, putting Liverpool in pole position as the January window approaches.

Neto said: "I don't care about the contract extension talks, I'm very focused on the games we'll have in the next few months.

"The Juventus interest? I don't know anything and think these are just rumours.

"I don't think I would go to Juventus (as a rival to Fiorentina). I would never give that disappointment to our fans."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:00 am

Bayern Munich have admitted they are ready to make a move for Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea target Marco Reus.

The Germany international looks set to leave Borussia Dortmund at the end of the season after putting contract talks on hold, with his reported £20million buyout clause attracting interest from Europe's elite teams.

Bayern have already poached the likes of Robert Lewandowski and Mario Goetze from their Bundesliga rivals in recent seasons, and have been tipped to beat competition from the Premier League in the race for Reus' signature.

And speaking to Kicker, Bayern president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has revealed that the club are interested in signing the 25-year-old attacker, and that the German champions are making preparations ahead of a potential summer switch.

He said: "To be honest, we'll discuss the matter internally and calmly. Then we will come to a decision.

"At the end of the day, the player has to decide too. His release clause is well known. There's nothing more to say."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Sebastian Giovinco will leave for another club in January if his playing situation is not resolved at Juventus, claims his agent.

The Italy forward has found his first-time opportunities at the Serie A champions hard to come by this term, starting just one league match.

Premier League rivals Arsenal and Liverpool are reportedly keeping tabs on the 27-year-old's situation, with his contract set to expire at the end of the season.

And his agent claims he will have to start paying attention to the interest if the Bianconeri can't offer regular playing time.

"Either there is a viable plan for him, or he can leave," Andrea D'Amico said.

"Giovinco grew up with Juventus, then went out [to Empoli and Parma] and proved his worth.

"Who would be interested [if her were to leave]? It's obvious, everyone would be."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:46 am

Tottenham, Liverpool and Manchester United will be challenged by German side Schalke 04 in the race to sign Xherdan Shaqiri this winter.

The Swiss ace has struggled to make his mark at Bayern Munich and seemed set for a Premier League switch this summer.

The former Basel midfielder was persuaded to stay by Pep Guardiola, but it is expected there could now be movement in January and new Schalke boss Roberto Di Matteo wants to steal a march on his former Premier League opponents.

German newspaper Bild quote Shaqiri as saying: "In the winter we will get together again and see. But the club has the final say."

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:08 am

Linked with more average players. Why don't these whoppers ever learn?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill