Liverpool V Real Madrid (Champ League) Weds 22nd Oct 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Basel losing is a good thing. Had they won they'd be 3 points ahead of us and we'd have to play catch-up with them. Considering they play at home next time and we play Madrid away, it's safe to assume that they would have been 6 points ahead of us with 2 games remaining had they not lost today.

Things being as they are, either of those 2 teams can only be 3 points ahead of us at best after the next game. We'll then have to play both of those teams (Basel at home) with Sturridge back (hopefully), while both of them will have to play us and Real.
Last edited by damjan193 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:04 pm

totally out classed tonight.
we started very well and kept it up for 15 mins but then they just bossed us about. even though it looked like we improved in the second we could easily have shipped another 3.
baloteli knew he was off at H.T and thats why he was swapping jerseys  :nod what does the lad be doing in training is anyone's guess. he will be made the scapegoat. puzzled he took coutinho off as he looked like he would eventually conjure up something and provided our biggest threat. not surprised at all hendo was brought off as he was starstruck.
still they are a top top side and considering the tripe served up at qpr we played alright.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:08 pm

red till i die!! ». Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:04 pm wrote:totally out classed tonight.
we started very well and kept it up for 15 mins but then they just bossed us about. even though it looked like we improved in the second we could easily have shipped another 3.
baloteli knew he was off at H.T and thats why he was swapping jerseys  :nod what does the lad be doing in training is anyone's guess. he will be made the scapegoat. puzzled he took coutinho off as he looked like he would eventually conjure up something and provided our biggest threat. not surprised at all hendo was brought off as he was starstruck.
still they are a top top side and considering the tripe served up at qpr we played alright.

Subs were to conserve energy for Saturday
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:45 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:38 pm wrote:Basle losing so some good news tonight at least

That's awful news tbh, Ludogrets are ahead of us now and we'll probably have to go there and beat them if we want to qualify. We barely scraped past them at Anfield, they gave Madrid a tough game at their place too, Madrid needed a dodgy pen to get past them. We are up against it now.

I'm glad Basel lost. They were a hell of a lot better than Ludogrets. Sure, it may be hard in Bulgaria, but Basel are a pretty decent team.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:30 pm

ethanr » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:09 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:45 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:38 pm wrote:Basle losing so some good news tonight at least

That's awful news tbh, Ludogrets are ahead of us now and we'll probably have to go there and beat them if we want to qualify. We barely scraped past them at Anfield, they gave Madrid a tough game at their place too, Madrid needed a dodgy pen to get past them. We are up against it now.

I'm glad Basel lost. They were a hell of a lot better than Ludogrets. Sure, it may be hard in Bulgaria, but Basel are a pretty decent team.

I was more impressed by Ludogrets tbh, either way we'll have to beat the two of them to qualify which won't be easy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:35 pm

Last season we would have given them a game… shame really
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:36 pm

I doubt any manager tells a player while he's on the pitch that he's coming off at half time. Ergo Balotelli swapping shirts when 3-0 down shows a complete lack of focus and commitment, never mind a lack of respect to 40K+ fans who expect more, and teammates who want to win.
Utterly disgusted by that action. Would love to think we could ship the w@nker to Lille and take Origi in his place. They wouldn't touch him with a barge pole though.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby only me » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:42 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:36 pm wrote:I doubt any manager tells a player while he's on the pitch that he's coming off at half time. Ergo Balotelli swapping shirts when 3-0 down shows a complete lack of focus and commitment, never mind a lack of respect to 40K+ fans who expect more, and teammates who want to win.
Utterly disgusted by that action. Would love to think we could ship the w@nker to Lille and take Origi in his place. They wouldn't touch him with a barge pole though.

Swapping shirts at half time is a thing that's being done this days in football ,Nothing new here. Mario shouldn't have been signed in the first place.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Absolutely embarrassing!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby sgs » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:54 pm

Madrid have 5-7 players who could easily get shortlisted by FIFA for best player award, including their reserve keeper. The gap between their squad and ours is immense and that is understandable, given their resources and stability. But the gap between our manager and theirs shouldn't be this wide!

Why in the world are we playing an open game against them? This is the sort of naivety that I never understand about Rogers...

What is so damn wrong with being pragmatic every once in a while?
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:58 pm

The thing is when brendan became manager whats the first thing he did get rid of andy carroll cos he didnt match brendans philosophy which is not 4-4-2 so why sign balotelli when you know thats all hes good at. Plus lambert  hes the same type i just dont get his thinking. Everyones saying lambert looks rubbish well im not suprised he never gets a looking. You know whats the best thing to go forward now is.  Leave both gerrard and balotelli on the bench and just use last 20 minutes. il say again the players hes brought in balotelli borini lambert all suit 4-4-2  so why persist with one upfront i just dont get it.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:04 pm

sgs » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:54 pm wrote:Madrid have 5-7 players who could easily get shortlisted by FIFA for best player award, including their reserve keeper. The gap between their squad and ours is immense and that is understandable, given their resources and stability. But the gap between our manager and theirs shouldn't be this wide!

Why in the world are we playing an open game against them? This is the sort of naivety that I never understand about Rogers...

What is so damn wrong with being pragmatic every once in a while?

No bale or Ramos either. What a joke. Two hundred million spent and that's the best we can muster? One player didn't look out of place, f*cking one!!!! No doubt most will be happy with that dross though
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby sgs » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:07 pm

Balotelli is the most convenient scapegoat for coaching malpractice today!

There is not a single manager in a mid-table Spanish team that will play Madrid with this level of shabby organization and expect to keep his job!
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:28 pm

sgs » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:07 pm wrote:Balotelli is the most convenient scapegoat for coaching malpractice today!

There is not a single manager in a mid-table Spanish team that will play Madrid with this level of shabby organization and expect to keep his job!

Got to say i was really expecting something different tonight as in formation.  We cannot afford to keep the same system until sturridge gets back.  PLAY 2 UPFRONT ITS SIMPLE BRENDAN!!
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Mikz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:29 pm

Every game we play we seem to play for 10 minutes and sleep for the rest, this was happening last season too, but we could score then. All that money spent and looking round that squad tonight was DEPRESSING. Disjointed ordinary run f the mill players all over the park, Madrid looked like they were in party mood.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games