R.I.P

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:23 pm

:laugh: nice one bud. Hopefully getting there Xx
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:05 pm

We all know its in for a fight mate ,stay strong lad .....I dont suppose there is any surgery that could remove your laptop   :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:24 am

I only have a phone and a desktop...

Nice try though! :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:59 pm

Good to see your still in the fight Stu

Keep your chin up which should be lot easier now you have had that watermelon removed :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:07 pm

I drew a Smiley face on it when it first came up, didn't know what it was Ha.  :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:00 am

Good to see you are fighting as expected Stu. Walk on
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 am

Ta sabre, it's all a bit Sh*t still, bone marrow transplant could be make or break and it's in two weeks… still in hospital due to no immune system at the minute, need that to recover. On the positive I have a signal in my room :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Hope your ok Stu stay strong mate xx
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Trying Lynds ta x
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:00 am

Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 am wrote:Ta sabre, it's all a bit Sh*t still, bone marrow transplant could be make or break and it's in two weeks… still in hospital due to no immune system at the minute, need that to recover. On the positive I have a signal in my room :D

Basically in the last few weeks its all gone a bit tits up.

Since I last posted this I've been posting a fair bit in the forum but haven't really bothered on here due to one or two events but decided that its time to put that to bed and update this as it if nothing else, it would help me sleep. :) Basically I'm in the royal waiting for my transplant, I was admitted on Wednesday the 12th of Nov, and had a few consultations earlier on in the week.

I was told on the Monday that "I needed a mircale",,, But they can happen. Not going to lie about it, it was f*cking hard to take. At 31 years a old and a fit lad, its hard to get my head around that I am probably (about 95%) unlikely to see April time next year is a very frightening thought, especially considering the last 5 months of my life have gone so quick and what I'm leaving behind. Until the last few days, I've been very balanced, emotionless towards it and very accepting, now, its only really since monday I realise I'm actually in a fight. I told the doctors I'd rather they killed me trying and having a go rather than saying "there is nothing more we can do".

The only positive is that medically this has worked occasionally and will do again and there is a stilll a chance, however, the Lymphoma is chemotherapy resistant (but not as we know unresponsive) which means it comes back within a month after chemo originally appearing to get it under control.

Basically this means I'll be having transplant with a lot more desease than first intended and this is messing up my chances. If it responds, even for a short time to the chemo I've had this week (which isn't as bad as first feard) and the radiotherapy can destroy a bit more there is a chance the transplant may happen when there is little enough cancer for it to work... if not, basically I'm up sh*ts creek without a paddle.

Over the last few months, Its been so intense with effectively 5 to 6 days out of hospital per month and as many home visits as possible even if only for a few hours between treatment I've basically learnt to appreciate everything I used to take for granted. IE, waking up at five in the morning and not being next to the one person you want too see to know everything is fine and dandy, no matter whats going on. I've spent a fair wack of time bed bound, but have managed to get out for times, I've still managed to get out for meals, games of golf (even though its hard work) walking and other things. You get spells of energy between treatments for a week or two and I made decisions to not lie there and feel sorry for myself but just crack on the best I could and looking back, I'm so glad I did. I even made it to the Chelsea game the other week, although I wish I hadn't and my mate nows owes me a pint for sending a sick lad with cancer on his season ticket to watch that dross... :D How the likes of RED BEERGOGGLES and supersub go and watch that utter sh*t every week is beyond me, last season was I suppose a slight recharge of their battteries, but the other day against Chelsea it was just flat out embarrassing... at least the people around me were a good laugh if nothing else...

Back to the sh*tty stuff....

When I have the transplant I will be at risk of something called Graft vs Host desease (GVHD) and this can be a killer if it goes out of control. However, this is also the same thing that causes the transplant to work, as you can develop a graft vs cancer/lymphoma effect, so basically the doctors have decided to withhold a drug called campath, which helps control (GVHD) and hopefully it will encourage this graft vs cancer effect.

Basically I'm 3-0 down in injury team against the best side in europe, my team is about as good as Rochdale FC and I'm throwing on all my forwards to give myself a chance of still being here in six months...

Lastly, I'm not posting this for "sympathy" towards football posts or any other bollox, some drop dead little peice of sh*t wants to spout... some of the supportive messages I've had so far off some of the genuine none troll people have helped quite a bit, sometimes I've logged in when I've been feeling Sh*t or bored in hospital and seen things that have made me laugh or I've had a message of goodwill from someone I do or even don't hardly know and it all helps.

Outside of this thread if I insult you in terms of your "FOOTBALLING" knowledge take it on the chin and do it back... I come on here mostly to chat footy. I won't change my posting style because of the circumstances and I won't change my attitude towards the team just because I'm not well. I'll be calling it as I see it till the day my eyes shut permanently, I just hope that thats after many more seasons of watching this ***** rather than before the end of this current season.

I warn you now, if Rodgers blew that title last season and that was the last chance I got to see us win the league... I'm going to get into anfield before the end of the season, break security, tie the c*nt up in the middle of the pitch and wack him across the f*cking ar*e with a rowing orr till he f*cking screams! (no I did not mean this in a sexual manor either as I've heard thats what he's into).
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:27 pm

Stu, keep your pecker up mate, it's one hell of a challenge you face but queerer things happen at sea.  My little lad survived a whopping 4 hour operation when he was still technically premature and weighing 960 grams (less than 2lbs...) then went through hell and high water before he was given what we considered a clean bill of health. When your backs against the wall that's when your inner strength comes out. I share your concerns about not seeing another championship at Anfield and I'm only 51. Woof must be cr@pping himself. But look on the bright side, if you do get Rodgers on the centre spot and give him a good slapping, you'll be an internet sensation all over the world, and no Manc can lay claim to having done that. Laugh at the devil mate, bring it on.
Last edited by Reg on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:47 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:00 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:05 am wrote:Ta sabre, it's all a bit Sh*t still, bone marrow transplant could be make or break and it's in two weeks… still in hospital due to no immune system at the minute, need that to recover. On the positive I have a signal in my room :D

Basically in the last few weeks its all gone a bit tits up.

Since I last posted this I've been posting a fair bit in the forum but haven't really bothered on here due to one or two events but decided that its time to put that to bed and update this as it if nothing else, it would help me sleep. :) Basically I'm in the royal waiting for my transplant, I was admitted on Wednesday the 12th of Nov, and had a few consultations earlier on in the week.

I was told on the Monday that "I needed a mircale",,, But they can happen. Not going to lie about it, it was f*cking hard to take. At 31 years a old and a fit lad, its hard to get my head around that I am probably (about 95%) unlikely to see April time next year is a very frightening thought, especially considering the last 5 months of my life have gone so quick and what I'm leaving behind. Until the last few days, I've been very balanced, emotionless towards it and very accepting, now, its only really since monday I realise I'm actually in a fight. I told the doctors I'd rather they killed me trying and having a go rather than saying "there is nothing more we can do".

The only positive is that medically this has worked occasionally and will do again and there is a stilll a chance, however, the Lymphoma is chemotherapy resistant (but not as we know unresponsive) which means it comes back within a month after chemo originally appearing to get it under control.

Basically this means I'll be having transplant with a lot more desease than first intended and this is messing up my chances. If it responds, even for a short time to the chemo I've had this week (which isn't as bad as first feard) and the radiotherapy can destroy a bit more there is a chance the transplant may happen when there is little enough cancer for it to work... if not, basically I'm up sh*ts creek without a paddle.

Over the last few months, Its been so intense with effectively 5 to 6 days out of hospital per month and as many home visits as possible even if only for a few hours between treatment I've basically learnt to appreciate everything I used to take for granted. IE, waking up at five in the morning and not being next to the one person you want too see to know everything is fine and dandy, no matter whats going on. I've spent a fair wack of time bed bound, but have managed to get out for times, I've still managed to get out for meals, games of golf (even though its hard work) walking and other things. You get spells of energy between treatments for a week or two and I made decisions to not lie there and feel sorry for myself but just crack on the best I could and looking back, I'm so glad I did. I even made it to the Chelsea game the other week, although I wish I hadn't and my mate nows owes me a pint for sending a sick lad with cancer on his season ticket to watch that dross... :D How the likes of RED BEERGOGGLES and supersub go and watch that utter sh*t every week is beyond me, last season was I suppose a slight recharge of their battteries, but the other day against Chelsea it was just flat out embarrassing... at least the people around me were a good laugh if nothing else...

Back to the sh*tty stuff....

When I have the transplant I will be at risk of something called Graft vs Host desease (GVHD) and this can be a killer if it goes out of control. However, this is also the same thing that causes the transplant to work, as you can develop a graft vs cancer/lymphoma effect, so basically the doctors have decided to withhold a drug called campath, which helps control (GVHD) and hopefully it will encourage this graft vs cancer effect.

Basically I'm 3-0 down in injury team against the best side in europe, my team is about as good as Rochdale FC and I'm throwing on all my forwards to give myself a chance of still being here in six months...

Lastly, I'm not posting this for "sympathy" towards football posts or any other bollox, some drop dead little peice of sh*t wants to spout... some of the supportive messages I've had so far off some of the genuine none troll people have helped quite a bit, sometimes I've logged in when I've been feeling Sh*t or bored in hospital and seen things that have made me laugh or I've had a message of goodwill from someone I do or even don't hardly know and it all helps.

Outside of this thread if I insult you in terms of your "FOOTBALLING" knowledge take it on the chin and do it back... I come on here mostly to chat footy. I won't change my posting style because of the circumstances and I won't change my attitude towards the team just because I'm not well. I'll be calling it as I see it till the day my eyes shut permanently, I just hope that thats after many more seasons of watching this ***** rather than before the end of this current season.

I warn you now, if Rodgers blew that title last season and that was the last chance I got to see us win the league... I'm going to get into anfield before the end of the season, break security, tie the c*nt up in the middle of the pitch and wack him across the f*cking ar*e with a rowing orr till he f*cking screams! (no I did not mean this in a sexual manor either as I've heard thats what he's into).

Keep your head up Stu, as they say fortune favours the brave...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:53 pm

I don't know whether you believe in it or not but have you tried meditation? It gives you peace of mind as well as energy...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Stay in the fight Stu, remember we were 3 down at Istanbul as well
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:36 pm

I hate reading this Sh*t, honestly 31 yrs old. That's f*cking bollo.cks.

Play the hand you've cruelly been dealt and go all in mate.

Fight the ***** back.

Good luck.

:)
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum