Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:47 pm

:laugh:
:bowdown
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Embarrassing!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:30 am

LFC with Suarez

titanic for boys meslow 615 paramount.jpg
titanic for boys meslow 615 paramount.jpg (72.83 KiB) Viewed 675 times

LFC After Suarez

killerp

Postby Red Focus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:40 am

I remember during the US preseason, Brendan stated categorically that Balotelli won't be a Liverpool player albeit praising him a few days before. A few weeks later he signed him for 16M, what was going on in his head?
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Octsky » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:10 am

Red Focus » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:45 pm wrote:The bloke certainly knows how to talk. When he first arrived, he openly preached about how he was going to implement tiki taka, fluidity of play, pressing game, dominate games, death by football to opponents etc etc like as if he had won so many league titles while in fact he only had 1 year experience in the PL . Well, while we did see some effervescent display by Liverpool last season, without LS, it's usually the opponents who have been doing to us what he preached we would do. If we continue with this pathetic form even when Sturridge returns,  I will be happy to see the back of him and then the  problem will be, who do we replace him with?

I won't be watching the RM game later to avoid any heartbreak.

ya, my first impression of rogers is that he loves the media too much,
even openly exposing his tactics to the media when we won games.

not getting the defense sorted out will be his death blow.
but if we sack him then who will we appoint as new manager?
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:22 am

Some one good who can manage and sort us out. Desperate times call for desperate measures. We should never have gotten rid of Kenny in the first place, but I would probably turn to the horrible knob end if he has learnt his lessons.

I doubt that's possible though.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:03 am

I'm afraid last seasons success went to his head.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:07 am

Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:30 am wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:11 am wrote:Item 3 was slightly ironic seeing as Stu repeatedly makes claims about playing semi-pro without an ounce of evidence. Ditto for meeting Rafa Benitez.

Funny that I haven't mentioned that in a long while.

But just for your information I am a uefa b qualified coach. I have met most of the Liverpool lads and also Everton players and have friends who play in the premier league as well as knowing players who play in other leagues, I also drink with professional coaches as well as having close contacts with Prescot cables… of which a few premier league managers and ex premier league managers look at players from…

Being involved to the level I have makes you realise how in bred the game is and how closely these teams and managers work.

On the proof side of things, why would I post proof when I have idiots says the pictures of me with a tumour were not sufficient proof and was then called low for posting it. Sorry scs but If there is one thing I have learnt recently it's that it doesn't matter what you say or do some people will always call you a liar, I feel absolutely no need to justify myself to you or anyone else, just as I am sure you don't either. End of really...

Stu, for what it is worth, I probably don't doubt you.

However I was merely pointing out the irony that you pull someone up for making a claim (being a football coach) without any evidence to prove it, right or wrong. Your gut feel that he is lying, based on conversations you have here, is purely speculation. It holds no weight whatsoever. It is no worse that your statement above.

Until anyone backs up their personal claims with evidence, each and every time it can be open to doubt. You and LFC1990 included.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:11 am

Ciggy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:08 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:21 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:11 am wrote:Southcoastshankly,

If we finish top four this season and we do it convincingly I do think we have a chance and I do think Balotelli will show something when Sturridge is back, in which case for me I will ease off slightly on Rodgers. However, that doesn't mean he didn't blow all that money on rubbish players like Alberto, Aspas, Mignolet, Illori and the rest.

if the likes of markovic Moreno can and others turn it round and become world class players then I've got it wrong. Wouldn't be a first

My advice, for the little it is worth. I think what would help is if, just occasionally, you were more balanced with your critique of the team.

Constantly slating the team gets peoples backs up, balancing a negative comment with a positive one does wonders to the perception of a poster - and probably would find more posters open to your opinion.

TBF SCS Stu is right, weve been dogsh!t this season, our best performance has been against Spurs, nw whether this is down to the loss of Sturridge and the team being on International duties twice I dont know but we are very lucky to be 5th the way we have been playing. because it hasnt been pretty atall. hopefully as the season progress's we will get better and for what its worth I think we will play brilliant tonight. Whether we win or lose we will see a better performance than what we have been seeing this season. its heart breacking and has you rubbing your head whats going on compared to how we played last season even when Suarez was banned.

We have been sh!te this season, but in my head considering the collateral damage of effectively losing both our main strikers. Balotelli was a mistake, I hoped it would work out but it didn't. After last night, I think Lambert and Borini will get the nod until January, where I hope the rumours of the Lavezzi link are true.

BTW, good to see old faces posting again. Especially important since the sad news of Red37.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:21 am

As the saying goes, 'you make your bed and you lie in it'. What was the staff doing over preseason? Our squad is really quite threadbare. No disrespect to Brad Jones who won't ever be our first choice GK, but how can we start the season with just he and Simon Mignolet? BR has left himself with no option than to stick with Simon. Imagine Mignolet was a good, experienced player, and picked up an injury, who would go in goal? Jones? What if he got injured too? Would we turn to the academy? Just one of many examples of BR leaving himself a target for criticism.
Like I keep saying, if I was a young kid trying to make my way at the club, or a new signing, chomping at the bit to play for my new club and was then told I wasn't playing and that Borini and/or Lucas were playing instead, I'd be wondering why I bothered to put any effort in. It's unfair and is one of the causes of the destruction of squad morale. I'm not saying Lucas and Borini are bad players (yeah I am but that's not my point), but they weren't needed. But they never left and are getting plenty of game time at the expense of young players who hope for a future at the club. I can't speak for everyone, but if my boss managed his staff and business this way, I'd be confused and unmotivated too.
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:53 am

Ricky Lambert wears the number 9 and has also captained the team. That says a lot about Brendan's romanticism, in my opinion. It speaks volumes for our current demise.
RedAnt

Postby maguskwt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:35 am

Some pathetic posts on here
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:28 am

rogers better bring in extra help or really freaking spend 24/7 to buck up the def.
i be damned if i am to witness our team, for the 3rd time, regress by huge margin after finishing 2nd previously with hou and rafa.
rogers got to realise that much is at stake here he had more than 100m to spend and he cant keep a clean sheet!
since taking up the job with us, he has his 15mins of fame, a new hot gf, new car and new mansion but all is going up in smoke if the he still "takes his time" shoring up our def.
its frustrating to see us conceding from simple set pieces and we can even defend a lead with 10 mins of the match to go.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:47 am

maguskwt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:35 am wrote:Some pathetic posts on here

Agreed !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:54 am

maguskwt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:35 am wrote:Some pathetic posts on here

Not sure what this is meant to mean, but it seems a rather pathetic post! It followed my post, so maybe it's directed at that?
There's a long list of Liverpool captains over the years. And look at the character of each. Look at the time served by each. Read Steven Gerrards words on what being handed the captaincy meant to him, and how gutted Sami was to lose it. Graceful, but gutted. Every captain of Liverpool (Lambert aside) has earned their stripes through time served, loyalty, hard work and leadership on and off the pitch.
Look at the players who've worn the number 9 over the years. Consider their age and quality. Number 9 is the traditional strikers number. Personally if give no9 to a top striker who will have years at the club and who will hopefully knock up a tally of goals similar to Rush and Fowler.
It made me laugh to watch the documentary (I forget what it was called) and how BR and Joe Allen came to pick his number.
I like tradition. I'm old school like that. So I hope my opinion isn't considered 'pathetic'. An entire post that says "some pathetic posts here" amuses me :)
RedAnt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion