JOSE ENRIQUE - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:44 am

Jose Enrique is very strong and quick but i would say thats where his strengths end

Moreno isnt as strong but is a much better football plaer he is quicker and alot better passer of the ball the Jose.

For you to say enrique has great game intelligence please watch Qprs first goal from the weekend

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:27 am wrote:Distribution is poor? :laugh: it's quite typical of people to not understand vision and looking for the right option before just playing a brain dead ball. Jose  has pace, strength, game intelligence and excellent technique and composure, most of which Moreno lacks in abundance. What kind of professional left back gets caught as the furthest player forward on ninety minutes when You're winning a champions league game one nil? That's kids Sunday football basics lad.

Not to mention the other five goals he's been directly at fault for since he signed. Hope the drug rumour is true as he's completely average. He's no better than the likes of Ryan Bertrand or Keiron Gibbs

Don't quote me wrong I never said his distribution was poor....I said it was terrible! Which it is.

Dunno what Bertrand and Gibbs have to do with it either. Stick to the subject my boy!

Watch their first goal in the QPR game not only did he let the player run past him on the edge of the box, he didn't track the goalscorer either giving him a free header. Not to mention the several times he just kicked the ball into touch or late in the second half just hoofed into high up into air.
"game intelligence"?

He is a squad player.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:38 pm

So a player who's played in two games this season after being out for a year isn't cut any slack but Moreno, who has made the initial mistake on five goals, one of them being Sunday league standard gets praised as if he's Paulo Maldini?  :laugh:

As for qprs goal, the two dog turd goats on the other side are to blame, neither Johnson or Skrtel even attempted to win the first header that came from a long ball, they both stood and looked at each other, if one of them even attempts to put a header in, that passage of play never arises, as I've said plenty of times, deal with problems at route cause because not everyone's reactions are the same, if you want to blame someone for that goal, blaming Jose is well wide of the mark
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:51 pm

I haven't mentioned Moreno. Irrespective of the opinion on him, long term I think he will be a better player.
Enrique isn't good enough for us in my opinion.

I hope when I arrive at Anfield tonight that he isn't playing.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:54 pm

You're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong you are  :D

Enjoy the match
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 pm

For what it's worth I think he is a top bloke, had lots of injury problems but has never moaned and I get the feeling he wouldn't be banging on the manager's door if he wasn't picked.

If he plays tonight I hope he has a stormer, I just don't see him as good enough for a team with potential title challenging ambitions.
That said defensively we have been a shambles in other areas too, so it's not just a left back issue.

Yes Moreno has made mistakes, but he is younger and I think long term a better option.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:00 pm

Johnny Boy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 pm wrote:For what it's worth I think he is a top bloke, had lots of injury problems but has never moaned and I get the feeling he wouldn't be banging on the manager's door if he wasn't picked.

If he plays tonight I hope he has a stormer, I just don't see him as good enough for a team with potential title challenging ambitions.
That said defensively we have been a shambles in other areas too, so it's not just a left back issue.

Yes Moreno has made mistakes, but he is younger and I think long term a better option.

I get what you mean, you seem like a top bloke too but You're still wrong  :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:02 pm

:D
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:38 am wrote:So a player who's played in two games this season after being out for a year isn't cut any slack but Moreno, who has made the initial mistake on five goals, one of them being Sunday league standard gets praised as if he's Paulo Maldini?  :laugh:

As for qprs goal, the two dog turd goats on the other side are to blame, neither Johnson or Skrtel even attempted to win the first header that came from a long ball, they both stood and looked at each other, if one of them even attempts to put a header in, that passage of play never arises, as I've said plenty of times, deal with problems at route cause because not everyone's reactions are the same, if you want to blame someone for that goal, blaming Jose is well wide of the mark

Enrique needs time to get back into the swing of things. I still rate him, but have been worried from what I've seen.

As for Skittles, I'd play Sakho when he's fit. Ok, he's got his faults, but winning headers isn't one of them.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:15 pm

You get one all the time who has ruin the banter with serious post  :(

Sahko also looks another astounding waste of money but is by far more deserving of a chance for me, at least he hasn't so far served up five years of complete dross as of yet (just one year) :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:11 pm

Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:15 pm wrote:You get one all the time who has ruin the banter with serious post  :(

I'm a serious guy, don'tya know  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:13 pm

Bore!!!  :D

Did you spot the irony in my post? :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Bore!!!  :D

Did you spot the irony in my post? :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:35 pm

He's impressed me in the past. He's very good in one on one situations, cutting in between the attacker and the ball and using surprising strength to shield it. I'd love to see him back at his best. Maybe I and others overrate him? I don't think so though. It's difficult in our current form to pick out players for criticsm. We need a good run with good performances, and then it's easier to pick out those that aren't doing so well. I don't recall ever being so frustrated with our performances. People slate Balotelli for not celebrating the goals against QPR, but I never celebrated either. We didn't deserve to win. Gerrards post match interview was very candid, and though he was of course pleased to win, he seemed very down about the performance. We need a spark, something to smile about, and hopefully that'll come tonight, vs Real. Hopefully then the players would remember that we are Liverpool, England's most successful club.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby damjan193 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Surprised how no one mentioned that he wasn't even with the subs yesterday. Is he injured again or Brendan just doesn't rate him at all anymore?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion