Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:11 am

cardiff-red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:56 am wrote:
Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:53 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:48 am wrote:3 best players ?

Obviously I agree with Suarez but Agger and Reina really one was constantly injured and ended up at Brondby not Barca Bayern or Real and the Reina even Napoli didnt want to fork out for him and was dropped for them last season

Not going to work, I ain't going to respond to you anymore as You're

1. A piece of Sh*t
2. Clueless
3. A liar (claiming to be a football coach was quality) :D
4. A complete weirdo who tries to talk to strangers about sex
5. absolutely not worth replying to

it's ok to disagree with someone's opinions but why flame them? no need for personal attacks :no

Item 3 was slightly ironic seeing as Stu repeatedly makes claims about playing semi-pro without an ounce of evidence. Ditto for meeting Rafa Benitez.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:11 am

Southcoastshankly,

If we finish top four this season and we do it convincingly I do think we have a chance and I do think Balotelli will show something when Sturridge is back, in which case for me I will ease off slightly on Rodgers. However, that doesn't mean he didn't blow all that money on rubbish players like Alberto, Aspas, Mignolet, Illori and the rest.

if the likes of markovic Moreno can and others turn it round and become world class players then I've got it wrong. Wouldn't be a first
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:21 am

Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:11 am wrote:Southcoastshankly,

If we finish top four this season and we do it convincingly I do think we have a chance and I do think Balotelli will show something when Sturridge is back, in which case for me I will ease off slightly on Rodgers. However, that doesn't mean he didn't blow all that money on rubbish players like Alberto, Aspas, Mignolet, Illori and the rest.

if the likes of markovic Moreno can and others turn it round and become world class players then I've got it wrong. Wouldn't be a first

My advice, for the little it is worth. I think what would help is if, just occasionally, you were more balanced with your critique of the team.

Constantly slating the team gets peoples backs up, balancing a negative comment with a positive one does wonders to the perception of a poster - and probably would find more posters open to your opinion.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:21 am

I've mentioned I think we started this season unprepared and stand by it. I don't know the intimate workings of a football club and due to that naivety I tend to lump it all on BR, but obviously there are scouts, people writing checks, and then the coaches. If this was Football Manager then I'd bet BR would be reloading the game back to the transfer window. But we don't have endless money, nor the profile of the chavs and City and so the pool of players available to us is much smaller and filled with wild cards. BR hasn't inspired me so far this season. Currently we're a chore to watch and I've not enjoyed many games. I feel that team spirit and morale are the downfalls so far. Players don't appear to have much belief in themselves or eachother. They don't look like they're having much fun. Hopefully soon we'll have something to cheer and that will inspire confidence to push on. It would be extremely premature to think of showing BR the door! We did wonderful things last season which has raised the bar and piled on the pressure. I think BR has made some very questionable decisions and will get bitten in the butt a few times more before the season ends. Hopefully he will pick the team up and show us that he's the man to take us forwards and that last years achievements weren't down to magical players such as Suarez, or complete doofuses like Moyes creating a space in the top four.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:30 am

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:11 am wrote:Item 3 was slightly ironic seeing as Stu repeatedly makes claims about playing semi-pro without an ounce of evidence. Ditto for meeting Rafa Benitez.

Funny that I haven't mentioned that in a long while.

But just for your information I am a uefa b qualified coach. I have met most of the Liverpool lads and also Everton players and have friends who play in the premier league as well as knowing players who play in other leagues, I also drink with professional coaches as well as having close contacts with Prescot cables… of which a few premier league managers and ex premier league managers look at players from…

Being involved to the level I have makes you realise how in bred the game is and how closely these teams and managers work.

On the proof side of things, why would I post proof when I have idiots says the pictures of me with a tumour were not sufficient proof and was then called low for posting it. Sorry scs but If there is one thing I have learnt recently it's that it doesn't matter what you say or do some people will always call you a liar, I feel absolutely no need to justify myself to you or anyone else, just as I am sure you don't either. End of really...
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:20 am

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:21 am wrote:

My advice, for the little it is worth. I think what would help is if, just occasionally, you were more balanced with your critique of the team.

Constantly slating the team gets peoples backs up, balancing a negative comment with a positive one does wonders to the perception of a poster - and probably would find more posters open to your opinion.

Listen, I can be positive, but I need to see something first to be positive about. Last season my optimism and praise of the manager has been destroyed by losing our only world class player and wasting the best part of one hundred and sixteen million. I wasn't expecting the end of season naivety, the sale of Suarez or the failure to improve a poor goalkeeper, shocking defence and defensively weak midfield. Gerrard is past his best, there was no replacement signed either unless you count can, who the other day, produced as bad a first game as I ever seen from a debutante against one of use worst sides in the league. Had we lost Luis, then signed the right players, I believe no one would have cause to slag him off… we all knew we needed a keeper, that never happened, why was no move made for Begovic? why does he think that Skrtel and Johnson are still worth a place in the side after last seasons shambles? Why  did he waste money on an average left back when we already had a good left back there? Flanos use of use ball last season was exceptional, he grew and grew, now he's probably 3rd choice on both sides now, what's that about?

Why didn't he address the lack of control and defensive side of the midfield out? The fact is, we have the same issues as last season but without Luis to paper over the cracks
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:13 pm

Flannos still injured, isn't he?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:18 pm

He is I believe, that wasn't my point though, I wouldn't sign a new left back if I had two and one was injured, because when they come back we would be left with three. We currently have five first team full backs. Ridiculous
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Focus » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:45 pm

The bloke certainly knows how to talk. When he first arrived, he openly preached about how he was going to implement tiki taka, fluidity of play, pressing game, dominate games, death by football to opponents etc etc like as if he had won so many league titles while in fact he only had 1 year experience in the PL . Well, while we did see some effervescent display by Liverpool last season, without LS, it's usually the opponents who have been doing to us what he preached we would do. If we continue with this pathetic form even when Sturridge returns,  I will be happy to see the back of him and then the  problem will be, who do we replace him with?

I won't be watching the RM game later to avoid any heartbreak.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Why did you have to ruin a half decent post with that pathetic excuse for a last sentence?
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:08 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:21 am wrote:

TBF SCS Stu is right, weve been dogsh!t this season, our best performance has been against Spurs, nw whether this is down to the loss of Sturridge and the team being on International duties twice I dont know but we are very lucky to be 5th the way we have been playing. because it hasnt been pretty atall. hopefully as the season progress's we will get better and for what its worth I think we will play brilliant tonight. Whether we win or lose we will see a better performance than what we have been seeing this season. its heart breacking and has you rubbing your head whats going on compared to how we played last season even when Suarez was banned.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:01 pm

the biggest thing on here is that brendan can do what he wants, spend what he wants and very few will question him. its like his first few windows have been brushed under the carpet except for that january when he got coutinho and sturridge. this window was so important to sign players that would kick us on and give us an edge in europe and he has again dropped the ball.
we have bought very poorly despite all the muck he spouts, it has been like that since he came in blabbing about tiki taka and winning games in the opposition half etc etc but in his 3rd season that football is non existent despite spending over 200 million quid. we still have a poor squad and are hoping this summer's signings dont go the way of his previous one's but so far they look like square peg's. with the exception of studge and couts not one of his transfers have been an improvement on what they replaced.
even in the thread kewell posted about what 3 changes you would make and almost every single reply is one that involves him spending more money  :help  its pointed out often enough about the petro dollars but what we are spending is not buttons and probably the highest any manager in our history has been given before in such a short period. just because chelsea and city can afford to spend more does not excuse how badly we have spent ours. its a woeful excuse to use just like the one that that tries to justify our current position. who cares if the other contenders are struggling, we shouldnt be ,just because we lost one player. without him the effect should have been goals scored not complete disarray. i heard a comment by brian kerr who was at the QPR match and stated that we had absolutely zero cohesion and looked like a side who had a keeper and a few lads at the back, another bunch in the midfield and another 2 lads up front. thats 100% spot on and at this stage of the season its unforgivable.
we had a fantastic run last season and came very close to the title, i dont place blame on anyone that we didnt as it would have meant we needed a record run to do it and unfortunately our cracks were beginning to show before that chelsea game. we were good but just not that good in the end. plenty blame gerrard and others rodgers but if anything it was because we pretty much flogged 11 players to death as a result of not having a proper bench with any quality on it. that has marginally changed despite the summers outlay. its that bad that many are hoping joe allen lines up tonight against real madrid and not our new signings.
i do think we will improve, certainly from the dross we have served up thus far, but it will be nowhere near the level we were at without giving him more money and then gambling on the result.
for me things have to change and its in the managerial department, im not saying bin rodgers but he has got to accept his failures and accept a D,O,F which was after all the route fsg originally wanted to go down until he changed their minds with 200 odd pages of spin.
my biggest hope is that when JH was over he didnt purchase the rose tinted jam-jar glasses that some on here did.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:27 pm

f*cking quality post!

Just need to space things out a bit better, IE use the enter key!  :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:43 pm

:laugh:
at
least
you