Liverpool V Real Madrid (Champ League) Weds 22nd Oct 7.45pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Dunno about you lot but I am sh1ttin' me bags over this game...as I suspect is our esteemed manager!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby parchpea » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:20 am

Reading Gerrard's comments from the press conference he's also kacking it.

Lets be honest we have been utter shyte for the most part and the players will feel like we do going into this game.

If Madrid turn up all guns blazing we are screwed but they didn't batter Ludocrets so anything like that from them we have a chance
providing we turn up.

My concern is the spirit of this team as we don't look the same group as last year, a few personality changes can make a big difference but
tomorrow is an ideal opportunity to bring it all together and pull off a shock result.

This new Liverpool team has to stand up and be counted in this massive game for us.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:04 am

We play our best football when we are underdogs.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:54 am

damjan193 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:49 pm wrote:Modric, Bale and Ramos out of this one. Benzema will be available.

Good Start! Now we only need Ronaldo to have a bad hair day and he will be out for sure as well.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:26 am

Madrid will have one eye on the barca game at the weekend, that's for sure. They know they'll qualify in this group either first or second and not having their strongest first team for the barca game is not an option, they'll rest a few I'm sure, however they'll still field a quality team for sure.
So it'll be interesting to see how we fair, on our A game we'll beat them at home (with a good wind behind us and Ballotelli turning up), come out like rabbits in the headlights and we're f**ked, proper f**ked.

Here's my prediction...

LFC 2 - 1 RMD
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:51 am

With out Bale and Ramos they are losing 2 of the best players but obviously with Ronaldo and co they are still a quality side.

I would go for the shock factor and just go for them for the off.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:32 pm

wednesday night champions league football, at anfield, under floodlights against just about the most famous and revered side in world football. so, if our bunch of mollycoddled millionaires don't wake up, pull their fingers out of their backsides and put a shift in for this one then we know we are pretty much doomed.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:54 pm

If we lose this, I think it will be bye bye to knockout qualification. The players need to show some spirit and fight like there lives depend on it, there's no room for passengers so if Balotelli is looking anything near like he was at QPR Rodgers needs to get him off asap. Stevie G needs to kick a.rise to anyone under performing including himself. The fan's as always will be up for this big time. So those players in red need to remember who LFC are and play accordingly if they don't Rodgers should show them the door. As for the pre match interviews on TV and in the press never mind giving all the usual BS do your talking on the pitch, as actions speak louder than words. YNWA
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:10 pm

Dundreamin is back » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:54 am wrote:If we lose this, I think it will be bye bye to knockout qualification. The players need to show some spirit and fight like there lives depend on it, there's no room for passengers so if Balotelli is looking anything near like he was at QPR Rodgers needs to get him off asap. Stevie G needs to kick a.rise to anyone under performing including himself. The fan's as always will be up for this big time. So those players in red need to remember who LFC are and play accordingly if they don't Rodgers should show them the door. As for the pre match interviews on TV and in the press never mind giving all the usual BS do your talking on the pitch, as actions speak louder than words. YNWA

But if we win, it could finally kick-start our season.

To be honest, I've no idea how we're going to play, so we'll either get destroyed 6-0 or step up and win.  Here's hoping for the latter :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:34 pm

Walk in the park this.

Just like Sunday.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:00 pm

Time to step up and show last season wasn't a fluke

Time for a red rising over the real deal

Walk on
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:22 pm

any rumours of a team sheet ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:35 pm

think he will play 3-5-2  balo and borini up top  and hendo with gerrard at back
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:17 pm

All this talk of getting hammered is just a result of people coupling our ***** poor defending with their attacking threat. Yes, Real are favourite's but talk of us getting battered has got a bit silly IMO. Real defence isn't exactly great either and we can really hurt them to. My only problem is, we are naturally an attacking team under Rodgers and Real are probably not the team you want to be going toe to toe with and leaving yourself susceptible to the counter attack. We need good organisation and a plan and have a go at them in a controlled fashion. My worry is, that is where Rodgers has a weakness
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:39 pm

confirmed :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games