Our Next 4 Games WB, QPR, HULL, NEW

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:59 pm

4th October Vs west bromwich albion at home.
18th October Vs QPR away.
25th October Vs Hull city at home.
1st November Vs Newcastle away.

its chelsea straight up after that so we need to collect 12 points from these 4 fixtures. even with our form all those games are winnable.
we have 7pts now from 6 games which is 6 less than this stage last season but if we can take the 12 above then we will only be 1 point worse off than that stage last season which will put us back on track.
just to point out that there is another international break between the west brom and qpr games.
then there is the CL games.
1st OCT VS basel away.
22nd OCT Vs Real at home and then the away leg straight up after newcastle.
just to keep us busy we also have swansea in the league cup on the 28th OCT  :D
busy period coming up for us and we will learn a lot about the squad but we really need to keep our league form improving and take those 12 points.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:51 pm

I can't believe football in this country has to grind to a shuddering halt just because England are playing San Marino and Estonia. Not only have we just had a World Cup but we are barely in October and the league program has been stopped twice already. These international breaks p1$$ me off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:53 am

I would put money on either Hendo or Sterling getting injured whilst playing for England

Anyway on to the fixtures.

3 points V WBA was what we needed.

BR says if sno inuries occur on international break he will have a full squad to play in our next outing which should mean we should start carving teams open like a halloween pumpkin starting with QPR

Get the 12 points from these games and then smash the ***** outa of Chelsea and Maureen for his dodgy tactics last year at anfield

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:34 am

We should start to click soon. Hopefully over these four games. I still feel we were unprepared this season. We've been unlucky with injuries, but the injuries have also revealed our lack in depth. A team of our stature should be able to handle the loss of a player or two, even one as vital as Sturridge. With the lack of squad depth then we need strong coaching and man management. A stern test for BR.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:49 am

Speaking of being unprepared one gripe I do have is about the way we seem to f##k around in pre season giving tons of game time to players that will either go out on loan or end up on the fringes of the squad when it was plainly obvious that there was a lot of work to do integrating 8 new players into the team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:49 am wrote:Speaking of being unprepared one gripe I do have is about the way we seem to f##k around in pre season giving tons of game time to players that will either go out on loan or end up on the fringes of the squad when it was plainly obvious that there was a lot of work to do integrating 8 new players into the team.

Agreed. I understand the sense of putting players in the shop window, but not at the expense of preparing the players that will be with us. That could in fact be the reason for injuries, though BR and most of us blame Hodgson and England.
Most of all though I feel BRs decisions have destroyed the morale of the team. I've said it elsewhere, how can it be good for the likes of Markovich to be warming the bench when Lucas and Borini are in the starting 11? BR tries to be the nice guy. The likes of Benitez and Whiskey Nose would have told Borini to "find another club. You won't be playing". I can understand he might give players credit for sticking around and training hard, but what could they have done in four or five weeks that would warrant a starting place? The answer for me is simple. We weren't prepared and didn't have the squad depth to deal with the first injury wave of the season. Who'd have played if they had left? We'd have (hopefully) looked to the academy and given some kids a chance which would boost morale throughout the club. If I was a kid, trying hard, and was overlooked for transfer listed players, I'd not be feeling too happy.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Dundreamin is back » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:40 pm

These internationals are a absolute pain in the a.rse. fook England I couldn't careless they never win anything anyway,and if the did I still wouldn't give a toss
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:37 pm

Dundreamin is back » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:40 pm wrote:These internationals are a absolute pain in the a.rse. fook England I couldn't careless they never win anything anyway,and if the did I still wouldn't give a toss

Being English I do care about how England fare. Having said that, these Euro Qualifiers have become an absolute joke that surely nobody in their right mind can even attempt to take seriously.

The disruption that these laughable mismatched contests cause to the leagues throughout Europe is unforgivable, frankly I'm amazed that Europe's leading clubs and their respective national associations have not banded together and told whoever thought matches like Republic of Ireland v Gibraltar or Anybody v San Marino were of any real interest to 99% of footy fans in Europe to just FU'CK OFF   :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:40 am

We've stumbled through the first two. Stumble on with all in your hearts.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion