What 3 changes would you make to LFC?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:15 pm

With so many people suggesting so many changes, I thought we should have them all in the same thread...

So, if you could make 3 changes to the team, formation, coaching or set up, what would they be?

Here's mine:

1) Bring in a defensive coach. I'd be on the phone to Steve Clarke, offering him his old job back. If he said no then I'd try anyone with an ounce of defensive knowledge. Carra or Thompson anyone?

2) Drop the single striker formation. It's not working without Suarez or Sturridge. Mario is not a lone striker and works better with a strike partner. Play him with someone, anyone. But change the f**king shape of the team.

3) Bring in Valdes. I don't know what he wants in wages, but agree and sign him up until the end of the season. Improving the defence has to start at the back and Mig couldn't command a box of cereal, let along a penalty box.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:58 pm

1. Get a new manager

2. Sign Begovic

3. Sort out the "transfer policy"
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:09 pm

1. Get rid of Balotelli

2. Never thought I'd say this "bring in a director of football to oversee BR's signings"

3. If no Director of Football is on the table bring back Rafa   :buttrock     :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:16 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:15 pm wrote:With so many people suggesting so many changes, I thought we should have them all in the same thread...

So, if you could make 3 changes to the team, formation, coaching or set up, what would they be?

Here's mine:

1) Bring in a defensive coach. I'd be on the phone to Steve Clarke, offering him his old job back. If he said no then I'd try anyone with an ounce of defensive knowledge. Carra or Thompson anyone?

2) Drop the single striker formation. It's not working without Suarez or Sturridge. Mario is not a lone striker and works better with a strike partner. Play him with someone, anyone. But change the f**king shape of the team.

3) Bring in Valdes. I don't know what he wants in wages, but agree and sign him up until the end of the season. Improving the defence has to start at the back and Mig couldn't command a box of cereal, let along a penalty box.

Took the words out my mouth.. or should i say took the words from the fingers on my keyboard  :rasp
Kopite-Jud

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:42 pm

A defensive coach (Steve Clarke in particular) is a great shout. Been saying that for a year now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Players like Skrtel can't be coached into being good. Moreno I believe would also struggle and while the excuse for a goalkeeper we have is between the sticks our defence will never be any good, the personal needs posting before any sort of coach is brought in. Rodgers has only had seven transfer windows and two hundred million to address it though
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:54 pm

When Clarke was our coach, he was responsible for us having the best defensive record in the league with players that weren't a lot better than the players we have now (some are the same). I believe Clarke can help us, even with this personal.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Your belief that coaches can make diamonds out of rubbish is misguided
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:48 pm

1. Sign Begovic and drop Mongolet

2. Sign a proper replacment for Suarez

3. Sign a proper defensive midfielder to add steel and protect our defence
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:41 pm

cardiff-red wrote:1. Sign Begovic and drop Mongolet

2. Sign a proper replacment for Suarez

3. Sign a proper defensive midfielder to add steel and protect our defence

Diame has scored in his last 3 games its crazy that we didnt go in for him

anyway my 3

1. Give gerrard a rest
2. Sign a top forward
3. Get Steve Clark back

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:50 pm

1. Sign DM
2. Sign Striker
3. Get IBE&ORIGI Back ,pay the fine.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:18 pm

I'd like to see Ilorri given a go at DM, he's tall, a natural defender, very quick over the ground and comfortable on the ball for a big lad. Apparently he's played there before as well so it's not like he's a novice at the position. He would certainly give the back 4 more protection than the likes of Gerrard or Lucas could offer and what's more at 6'6 he'd come in very handy defending crosses, corners and set pieces. I'm sure our CB's would be grateful to have another ariel presence at the back.
Moving him there could be a Ray Kennedy-esque inspired move.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Don't rate him at all, another average player who will never play for the club in my opinion, Rodgers quotes on him were pathetic.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:42 am

1. Do a full analysis of the success of the last 10 players bought in and compare with using the same value to buy 3.
2. Admit Balotelli is mentally unable to play at this level, sell and reinvest in a 50m player.
3. Bring in a director of football to allow BR to focus on coaching,  or...
4. Throw caution to the wind and appoint Pep Guardiola with a big budget. Pep needs a proper challenge which Bayern isn't, the challenge of reviving Liverpool, of facing up to Van Gaal, Maurice, Pellegrini. Peps playing in the wrong league.

We're shooting ourselves in the foot because we continually run round like headless chickens.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:35 am

Reg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:42 am wrote:1. Do a full analysis of the success of the last 10 players bought in and compare with using the same value to buy 3.
2. Admit Balotelli is mentally unable to play at this level, sell and reinvest in a 50m player.
3. Bring in a director of football to allow BR to focus on coaching,  or...
4. Throw caution to the wind and appoint Pep Guardiola with a big budget. Pep needs a proper challenge which Bayern isn't, the challenge of reviving Liverpool, of facing up to Van Gaal, Maurice, Pellegrini. Peps playing in the wrong league.

We're shooting ourselves in the foot because we continually run round like headless chickens.

That's the thing though, appoint Pep Guardiola with a big budget. That's how these so called superstar managers roll these days, the days of a manager like Clough taking teams from the bottom of the second division to the title/European cup on a shoestring are well gone, all the top managers want money.
LVG was supposed to be some sort of managerial genius but he was actually doing worse than Moyes until he went running for the Glazers chequebook. Where's the genius in that?
For all Brendan's failings in the transfer market he did have us competing for the title on a modest budget (especially compared to the sums the other top clubs have been throwing around) and okay he's had money to spend this summer but he's not exactly spending from a position of strength, to get that money we had to sell our one truly world class player.
Did City have to sell Aguero before they could bring Mangala in? Did Chelsea have to sell Hazard before they could bring Fabregas and Costa in? Did United have to sell Rooney before they brought the likes of DiMaria, Falcao, Herrera, Shaw etc in?
No one is denying that we aren't playing well but people need to take a look at the league table before flying off the handle, as cr@p as we've been we are right in the mix again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion