Transfer policy still a shambles!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundreamin is back » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:00 am

Ffs give Rodgers time, or are we going to become like a lot of clubs and change managers twice or more a season? Come on we are better than that we are LFC. How long did it take Shanks, Ferguson etc to win anything. Before I get but football is a business now,I know so if a company hires a person and sacks him after a couple of months and keeps doing it they will eventually go under. I am not happy the way we are performing but instead of lambasting the manager, it's the players who need a fooking kick up the a.rise.If I was manager there would be a few players crying to their agents how much a bad man and bully I was. And I won tell the agents and players if you don't like it fook off. Extreme I know but it would be like a breath of fresh air. Just imagine the players faces :rasp
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:52 am

Player for player we aren't good enough. We don't have any players that would get into Chelsea or city's side and despite spending over two hundred million the manager has not signed any genuine quality.

I am fed up of us giving inept managers time. Absolutely sick of it. He's an absolute Muppet with some of his incessant ramblings and his dire transfers. Not to mention a lack of tactical versatility.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:19 am

From this is Anfield 20/10/14

Liverpool recall left-back Brad Smith as Alberto Moreno questions raised

With Alberto Moreno left out of the squad at QPR, and Jose Enrique putting in a far from impressive performance, Liverpool have recalled Brad Smith from loan at Swindon Town.

The news of the 20-year-old Australian being recalled is confirmed on Swindon’s official website on Monday morning.

Smith made 10 appearances for the League One side, although hasn’t featured this month for the Wiltshire side – he did play for Australia against Qatar though last week, his fourth cap for his country.

“Brad Smith has been recalled by Liverpool so Brad is no longer with us,” Swindon boss Mark Cooper explained.

“He started to look as though he was going to produce. It took him a while to get used to the way we played but he started to show glimpses of what we brought him in for.

“But it’s one of those things, Liverpool have recalled him and we can’t do anything about it.

“He’s very quick, he’s a great lad and I’m sure he will go on to have a fantastic career in the game.

“Hopefully in the future we’ll have the opportunity to bring him back.

“When there is that recall clause in the loan you always know it can happen. That’s football.”

Smith’s recall, combined with Moreno not being in the squad against QPR and being dropped from the Spain under-21s last week for “technical reasons”, according to boss Albert Celades, will lead to speculation surrounding the reasons for such.

Smith made his debut for Liverpool last December as a sub against Chelsea, playing as left midfielder. His regular position, for the under-21s, is as a left-back.

BR is finally trying to sort out our defence    :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:26 pm

I'd have been more than happy with 2/3 big players and a keeper or at least 2/3 with any track record what so ever.

I mean played at the hugest level in big games.

Not people who are starstruck in a big game
Kopite-Jud

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:57 pm

Kopite-Jud » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:26 pm wrote:I'd have been more than happy with 2/3 big players and a keeper or at least 2/3 with any track record what so ever.

I mean played at the hugest level in big games.

Not people who are starstruck in a big game

yeah id have been happy also with only 3 or 4 new faces. iv'e always maintained that by signing quality players you will instantly improve your bench. we could have easily afforded to sign 3 top players and give them 100k plus to start with. we more than trebled both sturridges and sterlings wage on the back of one season so we must be able to afford it.

its akin to dangling a carrot from a stick and maybe a stumbling block when trying to attract big names.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:02 pm

just seen goal of the season by sum1 who i always thought would suit our play very dynamic and i know he hasnt settled for spurs but the kid has got quality eric lamela  and darmian for torino quality right back
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 pm

ballotelliman » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:02 pm wrote:just seen goal of the season by sum1 who i always thought would suit our play very dynamic and i know he hasnt settled for spurs but the kid has got quality eric lamela  and darmian for torino quality right back

Seen it and initially thought he hit it with his right foot. Stunning bit of skill
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:39 pm

After losing Suarez, we needed 2/3 top quality players who could go into the team and have an immediate effect to try and negate his loss. Instead, we have gone out and bought players who could potentially turn into top quality in a season or two's time or maybe just not make it and fail, so we've effectively gambled. I do think we are in a difficult position. The reality is, we have to wait for the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Barca, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern, Man Utd and maybe even Arsenal to dine at the table first and we pick up the 'scraps' afterwards. Those kind of clubs will skim of the cream (i.e best players) and we are left with whatever s left. In the summer there was talk of us signing Benzema, Reus etc but deep down I always knew it was never going to happen and all just seemed like media leaks by the club to keep us fans excited.

Sad state of affairs, but we are just not the draw we once were, champions league or no champions league.
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:05 am

Gutted Sanchez turned us down for Arsenal. He is looking top draw for them and is exactly what we needed after losing Suarez.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:45 am

Doeboy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:39 pm wrote:After losing Suarez, we needed 2/3 top quality players who could go into the team and have an immediate effect to try and negate his loss. Instead, we have gone out and bought players who could potentially turn into top quality in a season or two's time or maybe just not make it and fail, so we've effectively gambled. I do think we are in a difficult position. The reality is, we have to wait for the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Barca, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern, Man Utd and maybe even Arsenal to dine at the table first and we pick up the 'scraps' afterwards. Those kind of clubs will skim of the cream (i.e best players) and we are left with whatever s left. In the summer there was talk of us signing Benzema, Reus etc but deep down I always knew it was never going to happen and all just seemed like media leaks by the club to keep us fans excited.

Sad state of affairs, but we are just not the draw we once were, champions league or no champions league.

Most of the players we signed this summer are 21 or under (Moreno, Manquillo, Markovic, Origi and Can) and it's unrealistic to be expecting them to be ripping up tree's at that age, especially when they've all come from abroad and not one of them has played a single game in the prem before.
With hindsight it probably wasn't the wisest move by the club to buy so many players who are still 6 or even 7 years away from their footballing prime.
You can see what the club were trying to do, they were taking the windfall from the sale of Suarez and investing it in players that will hopefully form the backbone of the team for the next decade but when you look so far into the future you often neglect the short term. That's what's happened here, in trying to plan for the future they've got too far ahead of themselves and forgot about the here and now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:40 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:45 am wrote:
Doeboy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:39 pm wrote:After losing Suarez, we needed 2/3 top quality players who could go into the team and have an immediate effect to try and negate his loss. Instead, we have gone out and bought players who could potentially turn into top quality in a season or two's time or maybe just not make it and fail, so we've effectively gambled. I do think we are in a difficult position. The reality is, we have to wait for the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Barca, Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern, Man Utd and maybe even Arsenal to dine at the table first and we pick up the 'scraps' afterwards. Those kind of clubs will skim of the cream (i.e best players) and we are left with whatever s left. In the summer there was talk of us signing Benzema, Reus etc but deep down I always knew it was never going to happen and all just seemed like media leaks by the club to keep us fans excited.

Most of the players we signed this summer are 21 or under (Moreno, Manquillo, Markovic, Origi and Can) and it's unrealistic to be expecting them to be ripping up tree's at that age, especially when they've all come from abroad and not one of them has played a single game in the prem before.
With hindsight it probably wasn't the wisest move by the club to buy so many players who are still 6 or even 7 years away from their footballing prime.
You can see what the club were trying to do, they were taking the windfall from the sale of Suarez and investing it in players that will hopefully form the backbone of the team for the next decade but when you look so far into the future you often neglect the short term. That's what's happened here, in trying to plan for the future they've got too far ahead of themselves and forgot about the here and now.

you carnt do it in this league its to ruthless thats why academy players never seem to get a chance. In hinesight  balotelli was totally wrong hes way to laid back. We did what spurs did and there nearly as bad as us. Better to add 2 or 3 next time but quality lavezzi huntelaar  marcus reus
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:10 am

why is it when the man comes out and say's he bought all the players, he bought what he felt the team needed and that we would only add quality, then for people to not believe him ?.

the buck stop's with him lads. if he was naive enough to pack a squad with players for 3 or 4 years now then he's a big muppet. you only have to look at what he has bought in previous windows and then he follows it up with more of the same. just look at the players he bought to spearhead our big return to the CL.
i think most of you are deluded if you's think he deserves more money to correct his mistakes again, we have gone a full 360 after spending that amount and he will keep bringing us in circles.

far too inexperienced for this level and its showing. at the end of the season his position has to be looked at and if he's allowed continue then it cannot be under the current conditions.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:38 am

Doeboy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:05 am wrote:Gutted Sanchez turned us down for Arsenal. He is looking top draw for them and is exactly what we needed after losing Suarez.

after seeing him on motd  wow talkabout hunger persistence energy out jumps 6ft 4 defender for his goal your right we dropped a clanger not going all out for him.  Them south american lads do some grafting Tevez suarez sanchez Imagine having them 3 uptop they all show great hunger are you listening MARIO  :veryangry
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:04 am

ballotelliman » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:38 am wrote:
Doeboy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:05 am wrote:Gutted Sanchez turned us down for Arsenal. He is looking top draw for them and is exactly what we needed after losing Suarez.

after seeing him on motd  wow talkabout hunger persistence energy out jumps 6ft 4 defender for his goal your right we dropped a clanger not going all out for him.  Them south american lads do some grafting Tevez suarez sanchez Imagine having them 3 uptop they all show great hunger are you listening MARIO  :veryangry

I bet you he's gone in a couple of years
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Reposted in the right thread:

The problem is what happens when you sell your best player or he declines with age. Our past record is good.
Keegan => Kenny,  Rush=> Fowler, Fowler => Owen, Owen => Torres, Torres => Suarez.  Evidence of replacing great players with great players. With the owners policy of buying 20 million players we didn't replace a great player with a great player, we replaced him with a donkey. We don't  maintain the same momentum.

The other issue is attracting a world class player. Suarez joined us under a cloud after an earlier biting episode. But why would Sanchez, Cavani, Falcao, Hazard etc.. join us as a lone star knowing he's surrounded by mediocre squad mates? Isn't that a recipe for frustration, (mis passes, lost balls, silly decisions, simple lack of skill?). Star players move to strong teams as the team building has largely been done and they require just one big signing per season as someone drops off the ladder. We're not at that stage, we are still at the money splashing stage.

I've watched us blow 110 million over the summer and it's painful. We cocked up buying Andy Carroll and if we're not careful we're going to end up with a team of Andy Carrolls.

Van Gaal's come in and bought 2-3 key players straight off the shelf. For some reason they don't want to come to Anfield. I'd make our first priority to invite every football agent with a quality portfolio to Anfield and explain the gameplan and get their buy in, 'cos that's the only way they're going to recommend a move to Anfield to their top players.

Otherwise lads, the current Liverpool is woefully short of league winning potential.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion