Transfer policy still a shambles!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:28 pm

So what You're saying j d is that you think Chelsea are a hard side to break down? We knew this going into the game and it's games like this you need to be clever. That wasn't a game we needed to win so why the hell go all out attack? Even worse,  why do it when we all knew how mourinho was going to set up… if I knew it Rodgers must have done surely?

It made no sense to go for broke and not change in a game we didn't have to win …it was a crazy team set up and it was that that cost us, Stevens slip was so exposed because of the tactical set up. Then there is everything red just said.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:30 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:12 pm wrote:His methods have yielded a title challenge and a return to champions league football in 2 seasons.  We all expected it would take longer than that.  Not to mention a huge improvement in our style of play.

At what point do we stop giving him money?  When he stops delivering success, which hasn't happened yet.

Sorry but that's rubbish. Your argument has been ripped to shreds and you can't defend it
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:08 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:12 pm wrote:His methods have yielded a title challenge and a return to champions league football in 2 seasons.  We all expected it would take longer than that.  Not to mention a huge improvement in our style of play.

At what point do we stop giving him money?  When he stops delivering success, which hasn't happened yet.

at the moment all that could be attributed to suarez, every single bit of it.
your style of play is heavily influenced by the quality of players you have, we lost one player and yet the whole attacking system goes to pot.
he had to do 2 things in the summer, 1 was replace suarez and 2 was sort out that defence. he did neither and now he looks lost.
i'm not saying can him jac but he has got to accept his failings and suffer the criticism
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:13 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:30 pm wrote:

Sorry but that's rubbish. Your argument has been ripped to shreds and you can't defend it

Which part is rubbish? 
We've given him 2 seasons.  We are back in the champions league and challenged for the title last season playing some of the best football we have played in years. 
Suarez's exceptional form was down to him thriving in the system set up by RODGERS. 
Before Rodgers arrived Suarez was a talented player who missed a lot of chances. 
Rodgers has also got the most out of Gerrard by finally removing him from a midfield 2 and playing him deeper. 

If we do sack Rodgers, should we sack the next manager that doesn't deliver the title after 2 years?
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:18 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:08 pm wrote:

your style of play is heavily influenced by the quality of players you have, we lost one player and yet the whole attacking system goes to pot.
he had to do 2 things in the summer, 1 was replace suarez and 2 was sort out that defence. he did neither and now he looks lost.
i'm not saying can him jac but he has got to accept his failings and suffer the criticism

I do agree on the defence.  Its clear that isn't improving and he could do with some help in that area I feel. 
It can't be just down to personnel when we've fielded about 15+ different defenders over the 2 years and have the same issues.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:36 pm

I don't think you can attribute it all to Suarez mate, if it was all down to Luis how come we finished 6th and 8th under Kenny? Luis was also leading the line in the first 6 months of Rodgers reign when we broke all sorts of records (the wrong ones!).
Brendan deserves a lot of credit for getting the best out of Luis.
This criticism of him is ludicrous IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:36 pm wrote:

I don't think you can attribute it all to Suarez mate, if it was all down to Luis how come we finished 6th and 8th under Kenny? Luis was also leading the line in the first 6 months of Rodgers reign when we broke all sorts of records (the wrong ones!).

We so often hear a players prime comes at 26 to 28, how come that argument no longer applies here? Is that because it doesn't fit your agenda? Suarez would have been a world class talent regardless of Rodgers and anyone that can't see that needs their head testing. Had Kenny had him in his prime I am certain to the point of fact, a similar thing would have happened. Luis always had the potential and his hunger alone was always going to make sure he reached it.

Some people underestimate the value of a truly world class footballer in their ranks
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:43 pm

Oh so Suarez just happened to enter his prime the exact moment Rodgers brought in Sturridge and Coutinho and built the side around him? Yeah right.
If anyone has got an agenda it's you
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:36 pm wrote:

honestly yakka he improved every season since he came here and whoever the manager would have been might have gotten the same from him.
if brendan was so good then how is it that he has failed to get anything near the level of suarez from any of his other signings ? imo mate suarez was a natural talent that was going to shine regardless of who was manager.
he is the manager of a massive club, in his 3rd year with having had a serious wad of cash to spend and he has done terrible. the criticism he's getting is deserved imo.
when you come out and say stuff like we wont do a tottenham, we are not a one man team, we strategically pick our players, we just dont buy anybody for the sake of it but players that will improve the group, blah blah blah. seeing as we now look to have totally done the complete opposite its understandable that he is put in the firing line. after all any manager would  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:54 pm

Sorry but I don't agree mate, under Kenny Suarez had Andy Carroll as a strike partner and the likes of Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing as his supply line. He went up a level the moment Brendan brought in Sturridge and Coutinho.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Are you really suggesting they made him look good?

Because that's what it sounds like.

If anything it was very much the other way round.

Your favourite performance five nil away at spurs was a game Danny never played. In all honesty Suarez for me looked better when he didn't play, however Suarez was that good it doesn't really matter who he plays with.… I am shocked you actually implied otherwise.

Luis is the third best player in the world and is the only one who is near messi and Ronaldo
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:56 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:30 pm wrote:Are you really suggesting they made him look good?

Because that's what it sounds like.

If anything it was very much the other way round.

Your favourite performance five nil away at spurs was a game Danny never played. In all honesty Suarez for me looked better when he didn't play, however Suarez was that good it doesn't really matter who he plays with.… I am shocked you actually implied otherwise.

Luis is the third best player in the world and is the only one who is near messi and Ronaldo

Actually my favourite performance was the 6 nil away at Newcastle which Luis didn't play in.
No one is denying Suarez wasn't a top player but it's no coincidence that his performances and goal scoring improved after Brendan was appointed manager.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:19 pm

Disagree. Bit like with Stevie, who Luis was far more talented than, it doesn't matter who the manager was, once they matured they were always going to the top.

Suarez performance vs England in the world cup was nothing to do with Rodgers or any of Liverpool's players.

To credit Rodgers for Suarez development is very odd. Had he been a 15 year old kid I may agree, but he wasn't.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:54 pm wrote:Sorry but I don't agree mate, under Kenny Suarez had Andy Carroll as a strike partner and the likes of Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing as his supply line. He went up a level the moment Brendan brought in Sturridge and Coutinho.

he never got a chance with carroll as his partner as andy sat most of that time out injured or on the bench. even with adam and downing feeding him he still created chances. he has probably created more chances in the 3 years he was here than most strikers do during their career.
interestingly it always comes down to the 2 pieces of business out of 20 odd deals that actually turned out to be a success, yes they complimented suarez and are good players but i wonder if suarez's game will suffer as much without them as they have so far without him.
you give rodgers far too much credit imo, im not looking to lynch him but believe he deserves most of the criticism aimed his way.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:55 pm

Totally agree with you red but believe Rodgers has wasted to much money now. It's fourth or bust for me,  even if we get fourth, I wouldn't trust him to spend another penny.

It's scary how bad can and markovic have looked so far… whether they are up to it I ain't so sure but both players have so far shown nothing
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion