Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:57 am

Red Focus » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:50 am wrote:Stu, I hope to see you beat this disease and I wish you well.

They're right, you can be very presumptuous and will vilify people for having views that you disagree. In future, could you please cut out all the slagging and just state why you disagree? Because if you don't, you'll make a villain out of yourself and now with cancer, no one seems to feel sorry for you.

I was talking football, some Muppet questioned my spelling and grammar trying to be a smart Alec when I am in a bit of a state posting off something other than my keyboard, it just so happened that same Muppet decided to abuse me due to his marrow minded and uninformed decision to dis believe I have any sort of illness. I can't really make it any clearer than that. The route of the argument.should have been banned as this abuse started. What's funny is this whopper won't back up his typing with real life actions, which proves what kind of low life it is.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:27 am

Stu, I'm not calling you a liar. I'm questioning the wisdom of posting so aggressively, of clashing horns with people, of broadcasting your illness here, of threatening to fight people when you claim to be in a hospital bed with a hideous illness that has most sufferers feeling very unwell. I come here to talk about football and LFC. Few people post here now. They're afraid of you hijacking the posts they take them time to make. People (myself included) log in to read people's views and responses but all too often they log in to see this behaviour from you. Sorry, but cancer dosent give you exclusive rights to this forum. If you'd like to discuss you illness or something else personal, open a thread somewhere and allow people the choice to be involved with you. Don't impose it on us, please.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:56 am

What planet are you on?

If you and others can't handle straight talking and get intimidated by assertiveness rather than people who beat around th bush then what on earth are you posting on an internet forum for?

And believe me, being ill doesn't mean I am not strong enough to stand on a piece of shits face for being abusive. Especially when it's about a subject that matters to me and those closest to me. All am saying on the matter as am getting fed up with having to justify myself for reacting to a piece of absolute dog Sh*t.

As for posting assertively, always will do always have. Talk Sh*t, get told, simple as. That doesn't mean I deserve abuse over something unrelated. Quite Frankly, your opinions on the argument are much like your opinions on football, misguided and uneducated with little concept of what goes on behind the scenes
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:08 am

Stu, I've not been away from the forum. I read a lot! I stopped posting due to your attitude towards me and others. I like posting. I like chatting with people who share my passion. There's no need for conflict. There's no need to get personal. You're not a crusader. You're not standing up for anything. Why don't you just chill out? Maybe if you reply to people's posts and the subject matter rather than replying directly to the poster, there will be less conflict. Honestly, you have no idea how you are presenting yourself here. You should take a step back and look. I'm really trying to be diplomatic here. I could open up with both barrels, something you seem to respect, but then I'd be playing your game. I will not lower myself to petty name calling and insults. This is the last I'll say on the matter. If you feel the need to abuse me, go ahead, but you'll merely be digging yourself deeper.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:12 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:17 pm wrote:I have no doubt that a mod will come round and clear all the non related posts up soon enough however the circus goes on and on until a certain member is removed

This mod is getting very tired of shovelling out the sh'ite some members are posting and as far as the "Circus" in this thread goes there's certainly more than one ringmaster who'll be out of the tent if the sh'ite doesn't stop !

Ongoing flame wars will not be tolerated !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:20 am

Liverpool content with training schedule in wake of Raheem Sterling 'tiredness' row

First-team coach Mike Marsh says Liverpool will not change its approach to training and recovery ahead of the club's busy winter schedule.

The club's training methods were criticised by England manager Roy Hodgson after he was told by teenage forward Raheem Sterling that he was tired ahead of Sunday's European Qualifier against Estonia.

"We don't really change. Our fitness programmes have been well documented."

Mike Marsh, Liverpool coach

Hodgson responded by giving Sterling just 45 minutes of Thursday's win over San Marino before starting him on the bench for the 1-0 victory in Tallinn.

And although Liverpool now face seven games in 21 days - including two fixtures against Real Madrid and one against Premier League leaders Chelsea - Marsh said their approach would not alter.

"It's a tough fixture list with the amount of games and the quality of the opposition so we know it's going to be tough, but the more players we have available the better," Marsh told liverpoolfc.com.

Prepare

"With England there has been a lot of discussion recently. We don't really change. Our fitness programmes have been well documented.

"We try to recover the players as best we can to prepare for the games.

"We have a couple of days' recovery after the game and we work with the group that don't start (the previous match) and we build up to the next game and once one game finishes we try to recover as soon as possible.

"We try different ways. We do quite a lot of analysis with the players so we break them up into smaller groups and get players' feedback in different ways."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:51 pm

very clever press conference well done Brendan kept really cool and diffused any feelings between club versus country.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:28 am

Really clever, he was so amazing, made up he's our manager.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:38 am

Time to go mate pack your bags and don't let the door hit you on the way out
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Focus » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:00 am

Last season, the SAS saved Brendan's backside by outscoring the opponents despite our defence frailties. Now without the SAS with one of them gone permanently, Brendan still hasn't improved the defence. My greatest fear now is that Brendan's Archiles' heel is his defence tactics and he cannot handle strong teams who can exploit our defence and never will. Only time can tell whether this is the case, if it is, this job is too hot for him to handle. CL qualification every season is a must for a club of LIverpool's stature and not a one hit wonder.

I still have my concerns about his transfer dealings. He and fsg only want to sign youngsters with potential. All his summer signings were unproven youngsters and only Lallana and Lovren were matured players. You don't see Chelsea, City, Arsenal, manure doing this, they all sign players who are at their prime and ready made for their first team. I am afraid we have the wrong owners and a manager who is their yes man dancing to their tunes. He should know d@mn well that Danny Sturridge is too injury prone and during the summer window should have done better than Lambert and Balotelli with questionable attitude and is a wrong man for the wrong job so far. If he had tried his best with the swollen wallet after the LS sale to get Cavanni, Higuain or Benzema even if they cost more than 35million  but still failed I wouldn't be too p#ssed off by him because it showed that he was aggressive and willing to pay a high price for quality because those guys are no Andy Carroll. But no, he wanted to buy cheap players preferably less than 20 million. Even if Messi had begged Barca to sell him to Liverpool, Brendan would most probably wouldn't want to pay more than 25million despite flushed with cash in the coffers from the LS sale.

Tell me to go and support City and Chelsea and call me a plastic fan if you like but these are my blunt views about Brendan. Of course he has his strengths and I'll post them on another day.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:11 am

From Mail online quoting Spanish paper AS.

Brendan Rodgers: I want to manage in Spain one day... I already speak Spanish with Liverpool players!

Brendan Rodgers admitted that his ambition is to manage a club in Spain as the Liverpool boss revealed that he is already learning more Spanish.

Rodgers said in a stunning interview with Spanish newspaper AS that he wants to stay in charge at Anfield for the next 20 years but has already started preparing for a move abroad one day.

The 41-year-old Northern Irishman admitted that he tries to communicate with Liverpool's Spanish players - Jose Enrique, Alberto Moreno, Suso and Javi Manquillo - in their native language, rather than English.

Asked by AS where he sees himself in five years' time Rodgers said: 'I don’t know, I hope one day to work in Spain.

'I’ve studied Spanish, but I need to improve. I’ll probably improve when I work in the country one day. For most people, when they travel to a country their language becomes better.

'I speak to the Spanish players that we have in Spanish.'

Rodgers is gaining a reputation as one of the game's brightest young bosses but faces the biggest test of his managerial career so far when his Liverpool side host Real Madrid at Anfield in the Champions League on Wednesday night.

The Reds struggled to contain a QPR side featuring the likes of Bobby Zamora and Leroy Fer during Sunday's scrappy 3-2 victory at Loftus Road, but now he must find a way to stop the European champions with the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, James Rodriguez and Karim Benzema in their ranks. Gareth Bale looks set to miss out through injury.

Rodgers, however, is relishing the challenge and views Liverpool's struggles to replicate last-season's stunning form as merely a blip in what he hopes will be a long stay at Anfield.

But he is also mapping out a career beyond the Barclays Premier League and already seems to have his heart set on a move to Spain - possibly to his opposition this week or their great rivals at Barcelona.

'I’m only 41 which is very young and there are lots of things I want to achieve here at Liverpool,' he said. 'It's an incredible club and I hope to be managing here for another 20-odd years.

'One day hopefully it can take me to Spain and I can experience a wonderful country, culture and as I said, some wonderful football club.'

Says he wants to be at LFC for 20 years but at the same time can't help commenting that one day he hopes to manage a "wonderful" club in Spain  :no    :glare:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:48 am

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, also any chance you can refund some of the two hundred million you wasted? We are a bit skint… ta
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:56 am

A lot of people will be eating humble pie before the season is out IMO.
We are currently lying 5th (on the same points as the 4th placed team) and we are only 3 points from 3rd place and 4 points from 2nd, what's more our next 7 fixtures (which take us up to the Christmas period) are -

Hull (h)
Newcastle (a)
Chelsea (h)
Crystal Palace (a)
Stoke (h)
Leicester (a)
Sunderland (h)

As bad as we are playing we have a good opportunity to rack some points up there, Sturridge will probably be back for the Chelsea game and the likes of Coutinho and Sterling seem to be coming back into form so we will improve. The last 20 minutes against QPR we looked like we did last season.
People seem to think we are the only ones struggling, 3 of United's next 4 games are against Chelsea, City and Arsenal, they are under pressure to get some serious points on the board as their run in at the end of the season is just as bad, in fact it couldn't be much worse, they had an easy start and they blew it, Arsenal themselves have near enough equalled their worst start under Wenger and Everton are leaking goals at a worse rate than even us!
We will not continue to play as bad as this all season, a lot of our woes are down to players just being right out of form but that won't continue forever, if we are right in the mix playing as shyte as this imagine what we can do if we hit form.
Playing this bad and still being on level points with the team in 4th is actually a good sign. We are scrambling points where in the past we would have just crumbled.
Whisper it quietly but that is actually a sign of champions.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:09 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:56 am wrote:A lot of people will be eating humble pie before the season is out IMO.
We are currently lying 5th (on the same points as the 4th placed team) and we are only 3 points from 3rd place and 4 points from 2nd, what's more our next 7 fixtures (which take us up to the Christmas period) are -

Hull (h)
Newcastle (a)
Chelsea (h)
Crystal Palace (a)
Stoke (h)
Leicester (a)
Sunderland (h)

As bad as we are playing we have a good opportunity to rack some points up there, Sturridge will probably be back for the Chelsea game and the likes of Coutinho and Sterling seem to be coming back into form so we will improve. The last 20 minutes against QPR we looked like we did last season.
People seem to think we are the only ones struggling, 3 of United's next 4 games are against Chelsea, City and Arsenal, they are under pressure to get some serious points on the board as their run in at the end of the season is just as bad, in fact it couldn't be much worse, they had an easy start and they blew it, Arsenal themselves have near enough equalled their worst start under Wenger and Everton are leaking goals at a worse rate than even us!
We will not continue to play as bad as this all season, a lot of our woes are down to players just being right out of form but that won't continue forever, if we are right in the mix playing as shyte as this imagine what we can do if we hit form.
Playing this bad and still being on level points with the team in 4th is actually a good sign. We are scrambling points where in the past we would have just crumbled.
Whisper it quietly but that is actually a sign of champions.

:buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:40 am

Personally I think some people are going to be extremely disappointed and questioning how on earth with such amazing players we are struggling to make to top four and why our defensive and midfield problems as well as poor goalkeeper were not addressed during the transfer windows.

The fact is the main culprits in us conceding goals are slitting first team players and the midfield still has the same lack of control and a soon to be thirty five year old still one of it's main players.

Personally I think we will see more from Mario, I think at times he will have exceptional games when and if Danny plays however I am not as convinced we will get as lucky with injuries and we won't win as many penalties due to the change in style.

I can see us challenging for fourth place, any higher I think is impossible to achieve and it wouldn't shock me if we miss out on the champions league meaning after three years and two hundred million we would at bet be two places better off than we were in the Muppets  first season
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion