Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:55 pm

only me » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:54 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:45 am wrote:United haven't sold us a player since Phil Chisnall over half a century ago, selling players to us is something they just don't do.

Did we politely ask?  :grinning:

I politely ask you to remove yourself from the forum.......others would probably say "f*ck off"  :wwww
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ballotelliman » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:00 pm

answer this question how many times since balotelli has come have u seen a decent cross put in the box. Not many is te answer.  The exact same thing happened with salgado last season. if you dont pump balls in the box hes less affect. Suarez is good at both but coming out spinning off defenders. It seems our players are expecting balotelli to do the same well it aint gona happen and now stevie has gone back seems to me weve got no one who can cross a fecking ball good. Yes sterling can be the last defender but his crosses aernt great
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:03 pm

Which means Balotelli isnt a fit for our team and it woukld be easier to replace Balotelli then the rest of the side

Balotelli is there to finish off chances whether it comes to his foot or head end of

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:22 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:03 pm wrote:Which means Balotelli isnt a fit for our team and it woukld be easier to replace Balotelli then the rest of the side

Balotelli is there to finish off chances whether it comes to his foot or head end of

But we got him for now mate. lets just see how he plays with daniel first cos the signs were there they could feed each other ok. But brendan wil av to start dropping mario which he wont like cos im sure lambert is seeing it as special treatment.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:52 pm

I think he's ok. His attitude isn't too bad. I seem him working hard and trying to make things happen. His shoulders drop when he realises no one can get the ball to him. Some say he's there to finish chances. What chances? He spends a lot of time chasing back to no avail. That's bound to upset someone of Mario's ilk. He's not a saint. He's a young lad, full of himself. But as I said earlier... Anyone can be a footballer, d*cks, egotists, nice guys, bad guys, dosen't matter, so long as you can play. To claim he dosen't fit the bill is wrong in my opinion. Suarez is a complete bell-end but we still cheered him.

If the team plays well and Mario is still struggling then maybe he won't make it with us. But after only a handful of games in a poorly performing team, I'm gonna reserve judgement. As folk have said... he sure ain't the only under performing player or staff member right now. In fact how many are performing to even an average level?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RedSi35 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:23 pm

I feel for the lad tbh.

Since he came into the team, we have been proper *****, ive not seen more than half a dozen decent balls into he and he cuts a lonely frustrated figure up top on his own.

Hopefully when sturridge gets back in the team we play 2 up front of some sort to give him some support.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:51 pm

supersub » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:55 pm wrote:
only me » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:54 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:45 am wrote:United haven't sold us a player since Phil Chisnall over half a century ago, selling players to us is something they just don't do.

Did we politely ask?  :grinning:

I politely ask you to remove yourself from the forum.......others would probably say "f*ck off"  :wwww

I might accept if you throw in a 15-20m price tag  :)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:21 pm

Peter Crouch never scored for 19 games ,another big man who struggled ,and like Mario worked hard to win over the fans. The only discernible difference was Benitez backed him to the hilt ,Rodgers has just got to stick to his guns and envisage him playing in a settled team alongside Sturridge. Let's not forget that the lad is playing in
a team devoid of confidence and one that looks at a loss with the managers machinations ....I mean the media have already been stocking up on tissues for the expected
wankfest over our fall from grace ,and Mario seems to be copping the most flack ,he certainly doesn't need the manager affording their lazy journalism any credence.

Its time to circle the wagons ,and do what Liverpool fans do best ,confound the critics with our faith that this club is still rising from the ashes.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:21 pm

didnt think he was brendans signing in the first place so im not entirely surprised to see him commenting to the media. its just a shame that he doesnt single out a few others for criticism while he's at it.
hopefully when sturridge returns him and balo will forge a partnership that will give us a shot at something decent this season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:33 pm

Mario Balotelli vows to repay support from Liverpool fans with more goals

SUMMER signing Mario Balotelli has shown his gratitude to the Liverpool faithful after their supportive banner at Anfield.
The 24-year-old striker also asked for more time to adjust to life at the Reds after his slow start.

Balotelli posted a picture of the banner on Instagram with the caption: "Wow thanks to whoever did this.

"I know all of you expect more from me… More goals especially and more "genius", but give me time."

The Italian, who cost £16m from AC Milan, has scored just once in his eight outings for the Reds.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:07 am

Personally I think he's gotten quite the bum rap since coming in. As a muscle man up front he's like a brick wall and has shown himself as more than capable of laying a good ball off. In comparison to Caroll in the same role he's a different class...good first touch....good vision, I think that aspect of his game has been good. That he has had noone to feed the ball to often either up front strikers or attacking midfielders is unfortunate. I think Stevie and Henderson could work v. well with him.

I still don't understand why we're not leveraging the players we have capable of playing on the wings, running behind the defence to the byline and whipping crosses in....he'll cause havoc.

At the moment, he's just the poster boy for a misfiring first team, most of which was/is not his fault.....we finally have a star of sorts and everyones out to get rid of him. I want to see more width in the team, wingers doing winger type things....less midfield clutter and Stevie further up the field. Him and Henderson together could devastate teams with the quality that they have around them.
Homebooby

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:41 pm

Mario has done okay, it's not easy leading the line for a misfiring team and most games he's played he's been one of our better performers. Hopefully Sturridge's return will give him a bit of support up top.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:24 pm

heres my take. italy for some years now have lacked great strikers since vieri. What italians are good at is defending so why not swap loan whatever borini and balotelli in exchange for to top defenders cos we carnt defend for toffee.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:33 pm

Was an absolute disgrace today.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:43 pm

Suarez replacement, would much rather Lambert starts to be honest, can't do any worse, will find himself on the bench when Danny is back.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion