Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:34 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:19 pm wrote:Do you think he can play upfront on his own though? Personally I think he's very much a 442 player

He's not a lone striker. Never in a million years.

The lad excels at holding the ball, but needs someone alongside to play off. I think the return of Strurridge will work wonders, but worry for our season if Danny gets another injury. Mario and Borini/Lambert will not cut it for a top 4 finish I'm afraid... :(
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:52 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:19 pm wrote:Do you think he can play upfront on his own though? Personally I think he's very much a 442 player

I think with the dearth of service that we currently provide that any lone front man would struggle Stu ,I do however
agree with a striker on the same wavelength alongside him his game will hit new heights.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:03 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:34 pm wrote:

if Danny gets another injury. (

if  :eyebrow surely you mean when  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:49 am

7_Kewell » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:34 pm wrote:

He's not a lone striker. Never in a million years.

The lad excels at holding the ball, but needs someone alongside to play off. I think the return of Strurridge will work wonders, but worry for our season if Danny gets another injury. Mario and Borini/Lambert will not cut it for a top 4 finish I'm afraid... :(

Agree, a Sturridge and Balo partnership up front could work but Danny Sturridge is too injury prone. If Brendan can abandon the small budget mentality and go all out to get Higuain or Benzema that would make us all excited.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:50 pm

not me there both moody feckers and abit lazy. would rather have lavezzi a hardworking very skillful playmaker. And Graziano pelle cost 8 million pound so there are players out there without breaking the bank. Still say tevez would of done very well here.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Balotelli and Sturridge would both compliment eachother very well playing in a 4-4-2

Dannys movement and pace would give Ballo alot more room for himself and the strength of balotelli would make it easier to hold the play up for Danny

Supported by Lallana and/or sterling i think we would see the side back to a formidable attacking threat once again.

Saying that if they do play with eachother V west brom then we would have to wait a few months to see them together again as Danny will probably get picked for england and get injured again

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:29 am

Very dissapointed is Mario's performance last night. He was caught offside a number of times because he was too lazy to run back, did not really press when their defence had the ball and was selfish on a few occasions. To go from Suares's industry to Mario's lack of passion is hard to take and can be a disruptive influence on the team spirit we had last year, getting a little worried.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:39 am

kazza » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:29 am wrote:Very dissapointed is Mario's performance last night. He was caught offside a number of times because he was too lazy to run back, did not really press when their defence had the ball and was selfish on a few occasions. To go from Suares's industry to Mario's lack of passion is hard to take and can be a disruptive influence on the team spirit we had last year, getting a little worried.

Mario did okay, it's pointless comparing him to Suarez because Suarez was a one off, it's like comparing all our midfielders now to the 2005 version of Steven Gerrard.
Balotelli is a very good link player and that little move between him, Lallana and Sterling which put Sterling clean through (only for him to trip over the ball) was absolutely top class, those little triangles are what Brendan should be working on.
Don't forget, that attacking synergy that we had last year didn't happen over night, Luis was part of a team that performed so badly under Kenny it cost the great man his job and remember Brendan's first 6 months in charge? We accrued our worst points total in the 3 points for a win era - and that was with Luis up top!
The free flowing football we saw last year was 12 months in the making, this side hasn't even been allowed 12 games and people are on their backs.
Although we look disjointed now I do feel that there's a very good side in there somewhere, I look at the likes of Moreno, Manquillo, Henderson, Sterling, Lallana and Markovic and one thing they all have in common is that they press the ball aggressively and high up the pitch, what's letting us down is that they are pressing in one's and two's and not hunting as a pack (having someone as immobile as Gerrard in the heart of our midfield isn't helping either). With a bit of work on the training paddock and the addition of someone with legs to our midfield like Allen I think we can become a very effective high pressing team, the raw materials are all there, we just need to work on it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:30 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:39 am wrote:
kazza » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:29 am wrote:Very dissapointed is Mario's performance last night. He was caught offside a number of times because he was too lazy to run back, did not really press when their defence had the ball and was selfish on a few occasions. To go from Suares's industry to Mario's lack of passion is hard to take and can be a disruptive influence on the team spirit we had last year, getting a little worried.

Mario did okay, it's pointless comparing him to Suarez because Suarez was a one off, it's like comparing all our midfielders now to the 2005 version of Steven Gerrard.
Balotelli is a very good link player and that little move between him, Lallana and Sterling which put Sterling clean through (only for him to trip over the ball) was absolutely top class, those little triangles are what Brendan should be working on.
Don't forget, that attacking synergy that we had last year didn't happen over night, Luis was part of a team that performed so badly under Kenny it cost the great man his job and remember Brendan's first 6 months in charge? We accrued our worst points total in the 3 points for a win era - and that was with Luis up top!
The free flowing football we saw last year was 12 months in the making, this side hasn't even been allowed 12 games and people are on their backs.
Although we look disjointed now I do feel that there's a very good side in there somewhere, I look at the likes of Moreno, Manquillo, Henderson, Sterling, Lallana and Markovic and one thing they all have in common is that they press the ball aggressively and high up the pitch, what's letting us down is that they are pressing in one's and two's and not hunting as a pack (having someone as immobile as Gerrard in the heart of our midfield isn't helping either). With a bit of work on the training paddock and the addition of someone with legs to our midfield like Allen I think we can become a very effective high pressing team, the raw materials are all there, we just need to work on it.

I don't think he did OK ,he was poor in performance and in attitude ,if we play the 1 striker upfront i would rather have Lambert which already knows how to connect with the other and won't be the final stop.
Mario is turning out to be the failure i expected him to be. BR really got himself in a tough spot with this Panic signing.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:24 pm

only me » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:30 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:39 am wrote:

I don't think he did OK ,he was poor in performance and in attitude ,if we play the 1 striker upfront i would rather have Lambert which already knows how to connect with the other and won't be the final stop.
Mario is turning out to be the failure i expected him to be. BR really got himself in a tough spot with this Panic signing.

Sounds like you've had it in for him before he even laced up a pair of boots for us.
Last season has obviously gone to your head mate, go and look at some of our results and finishes even with Suarez in the team.
We finished 6th, 7th and 8th with Luis leading the line for us and we hardly put a dent in the Europa league never mind the CL. We scraped past Hearts with a last minute goal, got beat 3-2 at home by Udinese and were knocked out by the mighty Zenit. That all happened with Luis in our team.
Suarez came into his own only when Brendan set up the team to suit him, what often gets forgotten is how slow Luis started goal scoring wise, he arrived in the Christmas and only scored 4 league goals in the remaining half of that season, the following campaign he scored the grand total of 11 league goals, he didn't start hitting top form goal scoring wise until he'd been here 18 months.
Expecting Balotelli to walk into a team struggling for form and to start ripping it up is unrealistic. The whole team is playing poorly not just Balotelli.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Basil » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:30 pm

Good post, well said, puts it into perspective.
Basil

Postby only me » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:38 pm

[/quote]Sounds like you've had it in for him before he even laced up a pair of boots for us.
Last season has obviously gone to your head mate, go and look at some of our results and finishes even with Suarez in the team.
We finished 6th, 7th and 8th with Luis leading the line for us and we hardly put a dent in the Europa league never mind the CL. We scraped past Hearts with a last minute goal, got beat 3-2 at home by Udinese and were knocked out by the mighty Zenit. That all happened with Luis in our team.
Suarez came into his own only when Brendan set up the team to suit him, what often gets forgotten is how slow Luis started goal scoring wise, he arrived in the Christmas and only scored 4 league goals in the remaining half of that season, the following campaign he scored the grand total of 11 league goals, he didn't start hitting top form goal scoring wise until he'd been here 18 months.
Expecting Balotelli to walk into a team struggling for form and to start ripping it up is unrealistic. The whole team is playing poorly not just Balotelli.[/quote]

First of all spot on :) Don't like him never did never will ,a footballer which is so full of hot air on the pitch and outside and has nothing to show for just makes me sick. This generation of international wnkrs so obssesed with how they look and who they score they actually forget to do it on the playing field. He is egoistic ,Lazy and dumb ,what's to like?

Luis was a scoring machine wherever he played ,Uruguay ,Ajax no one doubted his work ethics on the pitch (forget he is a cannibal for a moment) ,Mario is a spoiled little wnker which we brought on a wing and a prayer.

At the time i suggested we look at likes of Wellback and Chicharito but no we had to go find this basket case....BR will stand or fall on this specific decision because it was obvious to everyone the Daniel would get injured at some time.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:45 pm

United haven't sold us a player since Phil Chisnall over half a century ago, selling players to us is something they just don't do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:45 am wrote:United haven't sold us a player since Phil Chisnall over half a century ago, selling players to us is something they just don't do.

Did we politely ask?  :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:59 pm

only me » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:54 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:45 am wrote:United haven't sold us a player since Phil Chisnall over half a century ago, selling players to us is something they just don't do.

Did we politely ask?  :grinning:

Last time we politely asked over Heinze Ferguson blew a gasket. A player going from United to Liverpool (or the other way around) isn't going to happen.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion