Basel V LIVERPOOL 01/10/14 19:45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Their is so much space to play but they all play with shackles on their legs....Sign of a team with no confidence...This could deteriorate very fast i already see the spiral starting to turn...West Brom on Saturday looks very grim.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:35 pm

Has lallana touched the ball

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:43 pm

Words fail me tonight. Inept in pretty much every department.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NorfolkRed » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Really poor display. Don't look like scoring and always seem to find a way to concede. Badly missing Sturridge as Balotelli doesn't seem to be on the same page
NorfolkRed

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:46 pm

NorfolkRed » Oct 1st, '14, 21:44 wrote:Really poor display. Don't look like scoring and always seem to find a way to concede. Badly missing Sturridge as Balotelli doesn't seem to be on the same page

Think Balotelli is on a page in another book.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby devaney » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Sterling on the left doesn't work and is seriously missing Suarez. Balotelli is basically nothing very special and not capable of playing up front by himself. BR has failed to address these issues. Awful performance by team and manager.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:52 pm

We are up against it in the group now, a draw at Anfield will probably be enough for Basel to go through.
What a goal to concede as well, it was like Fred Karno's - Skrtel, Lovren and the keeper combining to gift their CF a two yard tap in, you literally couldn't make it up.
We had chances to get back into the game but unfortunately they all seemed to fall to Raheem who probably had his worst game as a professional footballer. It wasn't just him though, the whole performance right across the board was lacklustre.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:01 pm

the only way gerrard can play in that role seeming that hes invincible is in a diamond with someone either side. were getting over run in midfield  he needs help and   its not working would be much better being an impact sub in an attacking role.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Wtf has happened to us? Sterling was the one good thing going for us but let's face it, his passing, crossing, shooting and decision making at times make his pace and dribbling absolutely worthless.
Apart from Mignolets shot stopping, he's a really poor goalkeeper. His radius of command is about a half a yard. When I was a kid I used to flick a pinball at my cat, amazed by her shot stopping, but she had no idea she was a goalkeeper in my lil game. Her positioning was off. She never came from crosses. When she saved a shot the balls final resting place was a lottery. Gonna get a new cat and call it Mingolet.
Morale is low. The shape is poor. We're supposed to have better squad depth this year but it dosent look like it.
And who's Markovich?
Normally I'm upbeat about things but I honestly can't see where we go from here.
Last edited by RedAnt on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Doeboy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:03 pm

Worrying think for me is the recent performances (Thought we did OK against Everton but nothing special IMO). We don't look potent enough and leaky in defence which is obviously a bad combination. Last year we were letting in goals but striking the fear of God into defences with Suarez and scoring for fun. That fear factor is no longer there. Just so glad Sturridge will be back.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:06 pm

RedAnt » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:01 pm wrote:Wtf has happened to us? Sterling was the one good thing going for us but let's face it, his passing, crossing, shooting and decision making at times make his pace and dribbling absolutely worthless.
Apart from Mignolets shot stopping, he's a really poor goalkeeper. His radius of command is about a half a yard. When I was a kid I used to flick a pinball at my cat, amazed by her shot stopping, but she had no idea she was a goalkeeper in my lil game. Her positioning was off. She never came from crosses. When she saved a shot the balls final resting place was a lottery. Gonna get a new can and call it Mingolet.
Moral is low. The shape is poor. We're supposed to have better squad depth this year but it dosent look like it.
And who's Markovich?
Normally I'm upbeat about things but I honestly can't see where we go from here.

Brendan has got his work cut out there that's for sure, it just looks like a mess at the moment.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:06 pm

In One sentence STU was right ,one of the most humiliating displays I've seen from individual footballers in a long time. Most disappointing today was Gerrad ,not because he was the weakest (that is Sterling which looks totally shattered) but because he is the captain and he is the leader ,this game required leadership and Stevie just couldn't rise to the occasion. I'm leaving this game so depressed as i don't see a way out in the near future. Would get rid of Mario ASAP and try bring a real striker.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Really disappointed with tonight, our passing was awful and Sterling had his worse game for a long time, we consistently lose the midfield, Hendo is out of form and not a holding midfielder, SG just seems to let the game him by. We really miss Sturridge as Mario up on his own is pretty useless. What can you say about the gaol except farcical. I will say though that we had more than enough chances to win the game easily but our form is not there, hopefully when Danny gets back he will bring some vigour and composure to the team.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:40 pm

we had attacking options last season thats the problem take sterling out what we got going forward nothing. ucarnt blame balotelli solely cos the players around him are not playing well. What is the point of stevie back there NOTHING. Put stevie on the right least he can cross a ball i guantree he wud link up well with balotelli.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Mikz » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:50 pm

A team in serious regression.... Rodgers looked a very worried man in his interview. We are gona get a serious tanking some of these days if this doesnt improve, awful tonight - BASIL BRUSH would have Boomed us all over that pitch
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games