Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:18 pm

Liverpool are already pushing to sign Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema ahead of the January transfer window.

The Reds have been rumoured to be tracking Benzema for the last two years and now reports in Spain say Brendan Rodgers is preparing to go all out to get his man.

According to Fichajes news website, Liverpool have been alerted to talk that the player is unhappy at Madrid and are preparing an offer.

It's claimed that PSG will provide competition for his services, but Liverpool are the clear front runners and expect that they could get their man.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:47 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:18 pm wrote:Liverpool are already pushing to sign Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema ahead of the January transfer window.

The Reds have been rumoured to be tracking Benzema for the last two years and now reports in Spain say Brendan Rodgers is preparing to go all out to get his man.

According to Fichajes news website, Liverpool have been alerted to talk that the player is unhappy at Madrid and are preparing an offer.

It's claimed that PSG will provide competition for his services, but Liverpool are the clear front runners and expect that they could get their man.

I've seen a similar rumour about Higuain
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:10 am

Marco Rues will not be signing a new Contract at Borrussia Dortmund. What do you all think the chances are of LFC going for him and actually getting him?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby only me » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:42 am

Kash_Mountain » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:10 am wrote:Marco Rues will not be signing a new Contract at Borrussia Dortmund. What do you all think the chances are of LFC going for him and actually getting him?

Not sure we need another player in the MF...Focus on DM or another Striker
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Right now I wouldn't consider another DM as a priority, I think we have viable options for that, IMO we need a striker that provides something Balotelli doesn't have, e.g. pace and application

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:20 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:24 am wrote:Right now I wouldn't consider another DM as a priority, I think we have viable options for that, IMO we need a striker that provides something Balotelli doesn't have, e.g. pace and application

:nod  basically we need someone to score
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:15 pm

LIVERPOOL are set to launch a £31.2m bid to sign Argentine international Gonzalo Higuain.

According to Fichajes, Brendan Rodgers is keen on bolstering his strike-force with a proven world class forward capable of emulating Luis Suarez.

Rodgers is hoping to capitalise on the growing unrest surrounding Rafa Benitez's position as manager, and the threat of missing out on Champions League football next year.

A run of poor results are undermining Benitez's position, with many Italian media outlets claiming former Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini will replace him should they continue.

The Partenopei were already growing restless after a summer of relatively innocuous transfers, and to compound their misery they crashed out of the Champions League in the qualifying stages courtesy of Spanish outfit Athletic Bilbao.

The Italian side are in a precarious financial position - exacerbated by their early Champions League exit, and could be forced to sell to recoup their economic shortcomings.

Higuain is by far the club's most lucrative asset, and could fetch a considerable fee in the region of £30-35m if Liverpool are challenged for his services.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:47 am

Liverpool and Manchester United are keeping tabs on Benfica winger Eduardo Salvio.

Argentina international Salvio is a wanted man following two impressive seasons in Portugal and AC Milan, Hamburg, Monaco and Valladolid are also eyeing a move in January.

According to Portuguese paper A Bola, the Italian club appear to be ahead of Liverpool and United in the race for his signature after watching him in Benfica's 3-2 win against Estoril.

Salvio began his career at Argentinian club Lanus before earning a move to Spanish outfit Atletico Madrid in January 2010. He joined Benfica on loan later that year and made a permanent switch to the Portuguese club in July 2012.

Arsenal, Manchester City and Tottenham were linked with a move for the 24-year-old, who has played five times for Argentina, last summer but Benfica slapped a £34m price tag on his head.

His agent Agustin Jimenez said at the time: "After a big season it is normal that significant clubs will be interested. Now the decision is in the hands of Benfica. Salvio is content at the club but he is open to the possibility of a move."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:26 pm

Liverpool are planning to make the most of Napoli's poor start to the season by moving for midfielder Marek Hamsik.

Ex-Reds boss Rafael Benitez is under pressure after guiding his side to just seven points from five games while crashing out of the Champions League in August and the Merseysiders are looking to move for Slovakian Hamsik.

According to Spanish sport site Fichajes.net, Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is keen to bring the playmaker, who is also interesting Chelsea and Manchester United, to the club as soon as January in a bid to improve the quality of his squad.

However, the 27-year-old recently admitted he is content at the Serie A club and believes he could remain in Naples for the rest of his professional career despite failing to rule out a future switch.

He said: "It is possible that I can stay at Napoli for my entire career, I am happy here but in football you never know.

"As long as I am happy and I feel important I will stay here because I have no reason to change.

"Each day I hear from the fans talk of the Scudetto - we have to try at all costs, but no-one will know if we can succeed - we have to wait."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:44 am

Liverpool are stepping up their pursuit of ex-Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers plans to sign Valdes on a free transfer if he proves he has fully recovered from a knee injury.

The Spanish international is a free agent after leaving Barcelona at the end of last season.

And Rodgers is keen on bringing Valdes to Anfield with the 32-year-old set to undergo medical tests in the coming weeks.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:44 pm

We are being linked to several players for the January Window,, however, because of FFP, I don't think we'll be able to buy anyone unless we sell first. One that definitely needs to be sold in January is Johnson. Actually, i'm sure I read somewhere that RM wanted him, if that is right, maybe a swap deals could be worked out for one of their players.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:39 am

Liverpool are closing in on Gonzalo Higuain after he told the club he is interested in a move away from Napoli.

The Reds turned their attention to Higuain last week with Brendan Rodgers looking to get a big name striker signed up ready to arrive in January.

And amid talk that a £31.2million bid is set to go in for his services, reports in Spain say Higuain has cleared the way for the move to happen by telling Napoli he wants out.

The news means that Liverpool will find it easy to thrash out a deal, with Rodgers hoping to get an agreement in place for the Argentine to arrive on January 1st.

Source: Metro.co.uk
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:18 am

Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Karim Benzema after Real Madrid reportedly told the Reds they can have him for £38.8million.

Benzema emerged last week as a key January transfer window target for Liverpool who are looking to land a world class striker.

And while Madrid have publicly backed Benzema to stay, reports in Spain say Liverpool have been told they can sign the Frenchman if they offer £38.8million.

The amount would all have to be paid up front but Liverpool are keen on the deal and are happy to pay it.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:19 am

Dani Alves has confirmed his intentions to play in the Premier League next season.

The Brazil and Barcelona superstar told O Globo newspaper in his homeland of his plan.

"Next year I'm moving to England. I'm going to play at the home of football", said Alves. "This will be my last season at the club."

Both Liverpool and Manchester United have been linked to the experienced right-back.

Having moved to Spain in 2002 from Bahia, Alves won five trophies in a six-year stint with Sevilla.

He then became one of Pep Guardiola's first signings for Barcelona in the summer of 2008 and went on to play a key role, collecting 16 medals in his six years there to date.

Alves also has 74 caps for his country and won the 2007 Copa America and both 2009 and 2013 Confederations Cups for the Selecao.

At 31 he still has a few years to offer and would be an exciting addition for any Premier League club.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:24 am

Liverpool are reportedly hopeful of signing goalkeeper Victor Valdes within the next two weeks.

Valdes has been without a club since leaving Spanish giants Barcelona at the end of last season following 12 years at the Camp Nou outfit.

The shot-stopper was set on completing a move to French side Monaco but, after the 32-year-old suffered a serious knee injury in Barca’s league win over Celta Vigo in March, the deal fell through because of doubts over Valdes’ fitness.

However, The Express have claimed that Valdes will now sign for Liverpool – with Brendan Rodgers said to be confident that the Spaniard will be able to provide competition for The Reds’ current first-choice goalkeeper Simon Mignolet.

It is believed that Valdes will undergo a medical with the Anfield based outfit during the international break before being confirmed as a new Liverpool player afterwards.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill