LIVERPOOL v Everton - Sat 27 Sept - 12.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:53 pm

ethanr » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:17 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:40 am wrote:
ethanr » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:37 pm wrote:Two f*cking games in a row that we can't finish off.

Yes a 30 yard shot from a CB is clearly the team's fault  :laugh:

It doesn't matter. We've put ourselves in this position by completely backing off and letting them dominate the end of the game. If we don't like them ***** f*ck us for the last 10 minutes, they don't have their CB 30 yards from our goal like that.

So what do you suggest, that we should have pressed them like we've got nothing to lose?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:06 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:13 pm wrote:I still can't understand this. Totally dominant performance, they hardly had a shot at us. Lallana and Sterling running rings around their defenders, Henderson absolutely everywhere and doing the job of 3 players, Gerrard flawless passing, Skrtel and Lovren impassable, Lukaku anonymous because of Moreno and Manquillo with absolutely no problems against Miralas/McGeady and Baines. Perfect team performance, but with enormous luck (uncalled handballs, crossbars, impossible 30 yard screamers etc.) they manage to save their *****. I can't believe how unfair this game is, totally undeserved. And to think there are people blaming our team  :laugh:

Given this post, I find your post in the player ratings thread quite laughable, especially as you decided to try and shout me down.

You gave players who "done the work of three" and ran rings around the opposition as well as a complete team performance 6's and 7's, which by all accounts aren't exactly the ratings of players who've set the world alight...

???
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:25 pm

Stu the Red » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:06 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:13 pm wrote:I still can't understand this. Totally dominant performance, they hardly had a shot at us. Lallana and Sterling running rings around their defenders, Henderson absolutely everywhere and doing the job of 3 players, Gerrard flawless passing, Skrtel and Lovren impassable, Lukaku anonymous because of Moreno and Manquillo with absolutely no problems against Miralas/McGeady and Baines. Perfect team performance, but with enormous luck (uncalled handballs, crossbars, impossible 30 yard screamers etc.) they manage to save their *****. I can't believe how unfair this game is, totally undeserved. And to think there are people blaming our team  :laugh:

Given this post, I find your post in the player ratings thread quite laughable, especially as you decided to try and shout me down.

You gave players who "done the work of three" and ran rings around the opposition as well as a complete team performance 6's and 7's, which by all accounts aren't exactly the ratings of players who've set the world alight...

???

Well I never said that it was the absolute best game we've ever played. Not even near to last season when we smashed them for example. But we still played a good game and definitely deserved to win.

As for the ratings, I have my own criteria for rating. OK, maybe I went a bit too far in saying that our forwards ran rings around the opposition, but they still did a good job, created a few chances for Balotelli and had a chance or two themselves. But they weren't great throughout the whole match and they didn't score nor assist, which is why they didn't get a higher rating from me. Same goes for Henderson. I thought he had a great game, but he didn't assist, score, not kept a clean sheet therefor a 7 is the right rating.

No need to get into details, point is, we didn't deserve to lose. We played a good game and had a lot of chances, but didn't win because of a freak goal in Everton's first serious attempt at our keeper. You can't really blame the team for that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Much better performance. Thought Ballo played quite well, though, and I am nitpicking, second half when Lallana picked the ball up deep inside our half, he was making a good run forward but had to slow down because Ballo stood still, almost unsure of what to do. It was when Lallana  told him get forward that he started moving, but by then, we lost momentum and it all broke down.

In general, Last season, SAS received loads of good service from all over the pitch, however, this season, imo, our strikers aren’t getting much at all, scraps if anything. Though today was a little better.
I still think there is a lack of good movement all round:
1: Our Midfielders don’t seem to press high up the pitch and are not getting forward with the same enthusiasm as last season either.
2: Our fullbacks are making good forward runs, but maybe getting forward a tad early?
3: The players are trying to get to know and understand each other better. I hope they get to know each other’s game quickly. I think this is probably one of the main concerns.

All in all, a better display today, but what really is bugging me is the lack of pressing in the opposition half. As I said elsewhere, BR  seems to want the Midfielders to drop back, I don’t know why, but it does not help our cause. If he wants us to play that way, don’t we have to sit deeper and just throw ourselves and get stuck in to every challenge? don’t really think we are doing that either!!!

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:58 pm

Extraordinary end to a game that we dominated and I guarantee we will finish above Everton.

They where a side accepting  defeat until Jagielka smashed that in, incredible shot.

Best we have played since Spurs away and genuinely unlucky today.

Not that we can complain about bad luck, plenty of our own in the Champs League game and in the
Capital One Cup.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:41 am

We were better than last week but f**k me conceding so late by that blue ***** Jagielka hurts.

We need to destroy West Brom next week, no excuses from Rodgers and the starting XI.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:24 am

1 point from a possible 9 since the international break. Very poor return considering we haven't played the top sides in that lot and 2 of the games were at home. Really need to start stringing some wins together now and get on a run
Doeboy

Postby killerp » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:43 am

Watching this new team play really destroys any confidence I have about this season....  :down:

It looks like the creative guys from last season are ***** right now and most of the new boys and struggling to find their feet. The fullbacks, Lallana and Balotelli in patches are good but the rest have big question marks over their heads.
killerp

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:50 am

Load of fuck1ng bullsh1t lads.
If our team played so well, how come we were only one goal up after an hour and a half of playing against an Everton team who were poor at best?
'Luck' doesn't come into it. You make your own luck, as Stu said. These cnuts are paid both ends of a fortune to do a job, so we don't have to faint with adoration when they produce 15 minutes of effort!
It can't all have been down to Suarez last season, yet since he has gone we have gone from winning 4-0 to this miserable result.
If we played so well we'd have won the game by a decent margin, not squeaking into injury time with a 1-0 lead.
Sorry to be so negative, but I really had high hopes for this season, regardless of Suarez's defection, but it's all gone horribly wrong so far, and I really can't see where it can get better.
The big boys are gonna kick our @rses up round our necks, and I am dreading what Di Maria and Falcao are gonna do to our defence.
I bet Lallana, Lovren and Lambert wish they'd stayed where they were, lol.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Red Focus » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:49 am

We have indeed become the Spurs of 2014-15. We could have avoided it had Brendan been more aggressive in pursuing some marquee signings in the last window. He should have gone all out to sign Falcao even though he would cost an arm and a leg. But no, he's a small budget manager and even if Messi had begged Barca to sell him to Liverpool and if he cost more than 25M, Brendan would still wouldn't do business. This small budget mentality will come back to bite his as#.

Nevertheless the positives I take from the game are, we defended well, we pressed and attacked with more aggression, Lallana getting better, Sterling was outstanding, Stevie distributed the ball well.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby only me » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:01 am

Red Focus » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:49 am wrote:We have indeed become the Spurs of 2014-15. We could have avoided it had Brendan been more aggressive in pursuing some marquee signings in the last window. He should have gone all out to sign Falcao even though he would cost an arm and a leg. But no, he's a small budget manager and even if Messi had begged Barca to sell him to Liverpool and if he cost more than 25M, Brendan would still wouldn't do business. This small budget mentality will come back to bite his as#.

Nevertheless the positives I take from the game are, we defended well, we pressed and attacked with more aggression, Lallana getting better, Sterling was outstanding, Stevie distributed the ball well.

Let's wait a bit till we give up on this team. Title race is probably out of the picture but we still have our eyes on CL spot as well as CL football and domestic cups.
It can't get worse  :grinning: 
Daniel will be back showing Mario how a real striker looks like and the rest will get into motion ,i hope.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:37 am

I've said it before and I've say it again. In today's competitive PL, to win the league, you need many things and one of them is a mega rich owner. Compare Chelsea and City today with what they were before rich owners took over. Some of you have criticised me for voicing this out, but so far it's plain to see that it works. Brendan is a good manager but his transfer activities have shown that he is a small budget manager in that he would never spend more than 25 million on any player.

FSG people may be rich, but from what I can see, they are nothing compare to Roman and MCity owners. I don't know whether it's because of the FFP rules or Brendan is being a Yes man to FSG, but they all  emphasise on signing youngsters with potential (Can, Markovic, Origi, Moreno, Manquillo) or veterans (Lambert) because they come cheap. I'm sorry, you don't win the PL by being cheap and stingy which is the impression Brendan and FSG are giving me.

And this cheap strategy could blow up in front of their faces over the next 2 windows. Real Madrid are now sniffing on Sterling and if he's sold, then congratulations to FSG and Brendan on signing kids thinking they will stay long if they're good. They will get the contempt from fans all over the world that they deserve.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:17 pm

only me » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:07 pm wrote: i still can't believe "Super Market" Mario missed his chance. A Striker of his Caliber was brought to bury those 1-2 chances he gets

"A Striker of his caliber"    ?

Like I said weeks ago in the Mario thread

A talented footballer without doubt but top striker  ???  All I can say is hopefully he becomes one but right now 12 goals (from open play) in 54 games is hardly the work of a top striker. In the 2013/14 prem season at least ten players exceeded Balotellis' score whilst playing fewer games and they include the likes of Loic Remy, Wilfred Bony and Jay Rodriguez, Even 4 million pound man Rickie Lambert came close to matching Balotelli with 10 goals from open play.

Don't get me wrong, despite some reservations I won't be unhappy to see us sign the talent that is  Balotelli, but those who think Balotelli is a "top striker" who will start scoring week in week out may find themselves somewhat disappointed

In all honesty I wouldn't have complained if against Everton we'd started with Lambert instead of Balotelli, Lambert surely couldn't have contributed much less.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:39 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:17 am wrote:
only me » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:07 pm wrote: i still can't believe "Super Market" Mario missed his chance. A Striker of his Caliber was brought to bury those 1-2 chances he gets

"A Striker of his caliber"    ?

Like I said weeks ago in the Mario thread

A talented footballer without doubt but top striker  ???  All I can say is hopefully he becomes one but right now 12 goals (from open play) in 54 games is hardly the work of a top striker. In the 2013/14 prem season at least ten players exceeded Balotellis' score whilst playing fewer games and they include the likes of Loic Remy, Wilfred Bony and Jay Rodriguez, Even 4 million pound man Rickie Lambert came close to matching Balotelli with 10 goals from open play.

Don't get me wrong, despite some reservations I won't be unhappy to see us sign the talent that is  Balotelli, but those who think Balotelli is a "top striker" who will start scoring week in week out may find themselves somewhat disappointed

In all honesty I wouldn't have complained if against Everton we'd started with Lambert instead of Balotelli, Lambert surely couldn't have contributed much less.

Agree 100% ,was being sarcastic ,Caliber in his eyes at least. This what happens when you panic buy,
only me
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games