CCUP - LIVERPOOL 2 vs Boro 2- Tues 23 Sept - 19.45 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Mental note to Toure - you retired already no need to come to games
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:47 pm

Jesus. We had to rely on one of their players missing his penalty. I thought Mingers was supposed to be good at saving penalties?
That was shocking.
We. Are. Fcuked.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:50 pm

Pi$$ poor keeping again...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:14 pm

All's well that ends well I suppose!
Thought Lallana looked more like the player that we saw at Southampton and I was quite impressed by Lucas in the DM role as well. To be fair to the keeper he made 2 or 3 good saves too.
As the likes of United, Arsenal and Everton have found out the early rounds of the league cup can be quite tricky so I'm just glad our name is in the hat for the next round.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:14 am wrote:All's well that ends well I suppose!
Thought Lallana looked more like the player that we saw at Southampton and I was quite impressed by Lucas in the DM role as well. To be fair to the keeper he made 2 or 3 good saves too.
As the likes of United, Arsenal and Everton have found out the early rounds of the league cup can be quite tricky so I'm just glad our name is in the hat for the next round.

Yes, agreed. Thought Enrique, although evidently rusty, had a solid game as well. The young lads (Rossiter and Williams) did well too.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 pm

damjan193 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:18 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:14 am wrote:All's well that ends well I suppose!

Yes, agreed. Thought Enrique, although evidently rusty, had a solid game as well. The young lads (Rossiter and Williams) did well too.

I thought Enrique maybe could have done more to block the cross for their first goal but apart from that as you say he did well. I thought the two CB's had decent games, wouldn't blame them for any of the goals and they looked quite composed compared to the frantic harum scarum stuff Lovren & Co have been dishing up lately.
Not a classic but it wasn't a Northampton type debacle either.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:33 am

Got me thinking anytime penalty shoot outs  in future make sure balotelli lambert gerrard  take first 3 pens
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:59 am

That wasnt great but as Yakka says the main thing is to be in the next round.
United, Everton and Arsenal already gone is a good thing but there's still City, Chelsea, Spurs and some other tricky sides like Swansea, Southampton etc.

Hopefully we can have a comfortable draw and go far in this cup though, would help with confidence.

I thought Lucas had a decent game last night myself and might of given the manager a bit of nudge that he can step in for Gerrard when needed. Not the two together though Brendan please.

Mignolet is becoming more of a problem, for the first goal he is rooted and the header was in his 6 yard box.

Lallana looked so much better and the flick into Enrique for Suso's goal was outstanding.

However the most worrying thing for me is we just dont look a threat at the moment without Sturridge. Lambert looks nowhere near the quality required, I was cringing at times with some of his touches and his general sluggishness in posession.
I know it's early days but if I was Rodgers I would 100% be looking for another top striker in January.

I hope after his decent cameo last night Suso gets a look in before we allow him to leave for next to nothing, I have my doubts though, think he's already on his way.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:53 am

Ben Patrick » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:59 am wrote:That wasnt great but as Yakka says the main thing is to be in the next round.
United, Everton and Arsenal already gone is a good thing but there's still City, Chelsea, Spurs and some other tricky sides like Swansea, Southampton etc.

Hopefully we can have a comfortable draw and go far in this cup though, would help with confidence.

I thought Lucas had a decent game last night myself and might of given the manager a bit of nudge that he can step in for Gerrard when needed. Not the two together though Brendan please.

Mignolet is becoming more of a problem, for the first goal he is rooted and the header was in his 6 yard box.

Lallana looked so much better and the flick into Enrique for Suso's goal was outstanding.

However the most worrying thing for me is we just dont look a threat at the moment without Sturridge. Lambert looks nowhere near the quality required, I was cringing at times with some of his touches and his general sluggishness in posession.
I know it's early days but if I was Rodgers I would 100% be looking for another top striker in January.

I hope after his decent cameo last night Suso gets a look in before we allow him to leave for next to nothing, I have my doubts though, think he's already on his way.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Lucas, we all know that him and Gerrard as a pair doesn't work but every time he gets an opportunity Gerrard is invariably in the team as well which means he's doomed to fail before he starts. Before he is shipped out of the club he at least deserves the chance to play in a full strength team without Gerrard alongside him.
As for Mingolet I thought he had a decent game yesterday, his positioning wasn't great on the cross for their first but it certainly wasn't a clanger, once a keeper has a question mark over him there's a tendency to micro-analyse everything and try to pin every goal on him but that wasn't a bad performance from him yesterday by any means.
Lambert as you say is struggling but he's a better player than he's currently showing, he's never been the most mobile but usually his hold up play etc is excellent. For some reason he's struggling to trap a bag of cement ATM and while I'm not saying he will be the answer to all our woes I am certain we will see a lot more from him as the season progresses.
As for Suso he looked good when he came on and I wouldn't like to see him leave myself but as I understand it it's the player who wants to move not the club, we are in talks with his advisors over a new contract but he's reticent to sign anything because he wants game time. That's one of the problems with loan deals, once players get used to playing week in week out they are not interested in being fringe players anymore.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:55 am

Ben Patrick » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:59 am wrote:That wasnt great but as Yakka says the main thing is to be in the next round.

Yes i thought Lambert looked like a Sunday league player, to think that instead of him and a few more million we could have has Remy :no
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:15 am

The best two players on the pitch were Lee Tomlin and Raheem Sterling in that order.

Tomlin shown some absolutely sublime skill at times with some superb touches and dummies. The lad has awareness in abundance and looked premiership class. There was one reverse ball in the second half that was champions league quality after drawing three men towards him and looking like he was going nowhere. He let the play develop and seen the runner and it was perfectly weighted.

Sterling looks energetic and pacey but needs to be on the right wing. Not through the middle, he's wasted in there. He needs to be recieving the ball in the final third, not on the halfway line and he needs to be receiving out wide where he can do damage. Does need to improve his dodgy first touch and technique though.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Lallana best player yesterday by miles

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:39 pm

Suso won Carling man of the match last night, here he is with his prize

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Lambert's game became erratic with his first few touches ,and after that his frustration with everyone and everything became evident ,nothing he done came off
for the fella ,and you could see in his face how complex the play became for him ,instead of just playing his normal game he was clearly desperate to impress the
Anfield faithful .....Frankly it was decidedly painful to watch someone who wants to do so well ,and justify the managers faith in procuring him ,having what can
only be described as a horrific time with the ball at his feet.....Felt for him   :(

I thought Lucas looked far more like his old self and grew as the game went on ,Sterling's final ball needs to be worked on ,as he does so much good work and then
fails to deliver that killer ball ...Lallana will be a great signing when the team  ( starts to pass the ball with the confidence and aplomb they had last season ,he was
at the heart of all our best work ,and Suso needs to be given the opportunity to support our attack ,the kid is a fine player and one of genuine quality.

Anyway we're through and that at the end of the day was the desired result ....If not the response ,the reds will get better in the fullness of time ,but last night
raised more questions than it answered.... Markovic for one ,looked entirely disinterested with the whole event,and more than a little restrained given the pace
we know the lad possesses.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:53 pm

At home against Swansea next round.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games