Oscar Pistorious

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:01 pm

That's a good point, how can you jail someone like him? Surely he can't be imprisoned considering his condition? He will probably serve his time in some special institution.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:22 pm

So like I thought not guilty of murder confirmed.

Absolute farce.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:22 pm

I haven't been following this, is he going to walk just like that? Surely he can be convicted with manslaughter or something? He still killed a person and intended to kill a person.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:43 pm

They have ruled out premeditated murder but are allowing "culpable homicide".

I didn't know what it was either. Looked it up. Seems its restricted to commonwealth countries and is rooted in old Scots law.

"Culpable homicide" has been defined simply as "the unlawful negligent killing of a human being".

So I assume that there was enough doubt within the evidence presented to remove premeditated murder. Bear in mind for premeditated murder there must be no doubt whatsoever in the judges minds.

Culpable homicide in South Africa carries a maximum term of 10 years and no minimum term.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:03 pm

That makes more sense, I thought he was free to go. He can't escape jail time. Accident or not, he killed a person that was no threat to his own life. 10 years is not nearly enough punishment though and he'd probably get even less if 10 is the maximum.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:41 pm

just watched pistorious's family having a press conference live from the feckin courtroom where they thanked the judge for not convicting him of murder  :laugh: 
what id like to know is how the prosecution were allowed to claim he was reckless with a firearm by showing him shooting melons and claiming it was a fooking zombie stopper, also discharging a loaded weapon in a restaurant, also discharging a loaded weapon through an open sunroof in a vehicle but yet they never brought his ex girlfriend in to tell her story and how she was afraid of her safety around him. she claims he was controlling and a gun nut which led her to hide his weapon for fear of getting shot by him during a row. that kind of witness had more bearing on the case than some of the farcical ***** they did build their case on.
anyway he has got bailed again and has to return next month to hear what his sentence is and that could end up being suspended  :laugh:
every country has its laws and most are different but what they all have in common is a two tiered system that treats the wealthy differently than the poor  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:55 am

South African O.J Simpson.

How long before he sells his story and profits from reevas death.
killerp

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:38 am

Absolute joke, this guy is a murderer plain and simple, how can you shoot four times into a small bathroom with a high powered hand gun and claim you didn't mean to kill anyone, politically motivated decision by the judge. He had a history of trying to be big with a gun, they had an arguement, she called him stumpy so he thought i'll show you i'm a big guy and blasted her through the door. Lets face it, if he had been a nobody he would have been banged up long ago.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:41 pm

damjan193 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:22 pm wrote:I haven't been following this, is he going to walk just like that? Surely he can be convicted with manslaughter or something? He still killed a person and intended to kill a person.

According to the judge there was no proof he meant to kill anyone

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:08 pm

LFC1990 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:41 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:22 pm wrote:I haven't been following this, is he going to walk just like that? Surely he can be convicted with manslaughter or something? He still killed a person and intended to kill a person.

That is the part that is annoying me the most.
How the fck could there be proof that he meant to kill someone ?
Unless we have access to his thoughts at the time that is.

However the fact is he fired a gun FOUR times through a locked door.
Whoever he was aiming at had not posed any threat to him prior to the shooting.

For me he should be doing 25 years.
Ben Patrick

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:39 pm

I think they fact that he shot through the door went in his favour along with being disabled

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Ben Patrick » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:08 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:41 pm wrote:

That is the part that is annoying me the most.
How the fck could there be proof that he meant to kill someone ?
Unless we have access to his thoughts at the time that is.

However the fact is he fired a gun FOUR times through a locked door.
Whoever he was aiming at had not posed any threat to him prior to the shooting.

For me he should be doing 25 years.

Motive or intent in murder cases will always be difficult where there is no witness.

To convict a suspect of murder the judge/jury needs to be convinced beyond "all reasonable doubt".

If there is enough doubt cast on the prosecution by the defence there cannot be a murder charge.

The defence successfully convinced the judge there was doubt on the evidence presented.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Of course it's murder!!!
All he had to do was look across at the empty bed, and maybe think 'hey. 2 people live here, there is only one person here at the moment, maybe she's in the bathroom) You don't need fingers AND toes to count to two ffs.

Sham of a mockery wrapped inside a mockery inside another bigger sham.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:38 am

dawson99 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:25 pm wrote:
Sham of a mockery wrapped inside a mockery inside another bigger sham.

:nod

My take on it..............

They have a massive "fight", she locks herself in the bathroom, he then completely loses his rag when she refuses to come out and fires a couple of shots through the door.

Murder if he meant to shoot her otherwise Manslaughter at the very least .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:09 am

5 years he has been given.

Absolute joke that. All of this they need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he meant to kill her.

I know South Africa's crime rate is totally different to this country but if you where in bed asleep and heard someone in your house the first thing I would do is wake my girlfriend up and tell her I was going to go and have a look about.
I would be telling her to call the police while I looked if it's that bad there.

I agree with Woofs assessment of whats happened, they have argued and she has gone and locked herself in the bathroom.
For me there is no other reason why the bathroom door would be locked.
He then fires 4 shots hitting her three times.

Absolutely shocking that he is going to do about 2 years for this.
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum