Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:00 am

only me » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:44 am wrote:
FFS the Chelsea game??? What a shock how dared we lose to Chelsea? How Dare Gerrard slip like that? Where was LS the magnificent at this game? Can't you see how ridicules you are? So BR got his tactics wrong against Mourinho so fcking what? He got it right the rest of the time and that is what counts. FFS lack of respect...Oh my what a winning argument.

I'll say it again, I have three things to say to you,

1. You're an idiot and always miss the point. Not suprising though.

2. Support your local team... oh wait you already support two teams... ??? Don't quite know how that works.

3. Its RIDICULOUS not ridicules.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:11 am

FFS the Chelsea game??? What a shock how dared we lose to Chelsea? How Dare Gerrard slip like that? Where was LS the magnificent at this game? Can't you see how ridicules you are? So BR got his tactics wrong against Mourinho so fcking what? He got it right the rest of the time and that is what counts. FFS lack of respect...Oh my what a winning argument.

Infact, I'll humour you, I know you won't get it, and I know I'm wasting my time because you couldn't possibley comprehend the fact you're a moron, but I'll do it none the less.

1. Why, when the man in the pub, and just about every single person in the world, knew that Mourinho was going to set up for a draw and wait for a mistake or set piece, (our true achillies heel) did we play a high risk game, in a game we needed only to draw, not win, against the best defensive side and the best defensive coach in world football? Can you please answer me that?

Why was Rodgers so arrogant as to think we'd simply roll Chelsea over? Why did he not think they'd come without an effective plan to stop us? You bang on about Gerrards slip, whats he f*cking doing on the half way line, as the last man with the full backs on the touchline in a game we do not need to win? Why is he so iscolated in the first place? The answer, was down to the tactics.

2. He didn't get tactics right last season, he f*ck us over against Villa trying to be a smart *****, as he did against Hull and Southampton. In a lot of other games, tactically we were also shocking, Stoke away for example, however, the genius pulled us out of the Sh*t on more than one occassion with some, are you ready for this... RIDICULOUS.... not ridicules... performances. However, you're too blind to see this. You obviously think he contributed very little towards our season, well I have news for you, look at our form now in comparrison and this is with a "stronger squad".

3. You really expect Suarez to break Chelsea down on his own when tactically we got it all wrong and just about everyone struggled? You're really going to critisize him for that performance? Forget the goal a game you've scored mate, forget all the assists and marvelous play through out the season, you were sh*t against Chelsea, and even though the manager got it WRONG resulting in everyone struggling, this now makes you rubbish and means you contributed nothing to the season.

Suarez is a world class player, the third best player in the world and an absolute genius and the fact you can talk about him in the same breath as two freaks like Messi and Ronaldo says it all. If you're too f*cking stupid to see that lad, you're watching the wrong f*cking sport.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 am

Take it easy Stu, this is a forum and people are here to debate, ok if you don't agree with anothers point of view then thats fine, put your argument forward but theres no need for questioning their support because they are not born in liverpool or personal attacks.

You can have a go at me now because I agree with some of these points, last season was not only about Suarez, yes he is a great player and scored some fantastic goals but we also did well when he wasn't playing. Its also not just not about chucking 11 players on the pitch and say do your own thing, tactics are vital and BR got his attacking tactics spot on last year just as he got the defense wrong.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:13 pm

Boocity » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 am wrote:Take it easy Stu, this is a forum and people are here to debate, ok if you don't agree with anothers point of view then thats fine, put your argument forward but theres no need for questioning their support because they are not born in liverpool or personal attacks.

You can have a go at me now because I agree with some of these points, last season was not only about Suarez, yes he is a great player and scored some fantastic goals but we also did well when he wasn't playing. Its also not just not about chucking 11 players on the pitch and say do your own thing, tactics are vital and BR got his attacking tactics spot on last year just as he got the defense wrong.

When some muppet who's never even watched a live game, been to anfield or has no qualifications in a field calls someone's views ridiculous and personally insults me then I won't "take it easy" what so ever. Numpty's who's support numorous teams and think they're the oracle, yet have no concept of real football other than f*cking championship manager do my wick in to be perfectly honest with you. Disagree all you like, have a different opinion, look at the way I repsonded to Yakka in comparrisson.
I have no problem with conflicting views that are backed up with reasonable arguement and logic and am very open to learning new things and hearing new ideas, but the fact is, if you're going to talk complete and utter garbage and pathetic rubbish and tell me a square has 8 sides then you're going to get called clueless muppet.

You've said we done well when he wasn't playing, did we really? Three 1-0 wins, a poor away draw and in every match we scraped the 1-0 win. We didn't play well at all when Suarez wasn't in the side. Sturridge scored a couple of goals but by no means were we dominant and in control in any of those games. You mention tactics, but tactics won't win you a league. Great players win you a league, great teams consist of great players. You may get away with not having a world class player if you have 11 players with the ability of Sterling or Coutinho in your side, but we don't. Suarez made the difference for us. That much is obvious. Tactics are very overated in football as are managers roles in "creating" these said tactics. Players very often define tactical play and players quality often defines its effectiveness. Gerrard at 34, has never ever learnt, to not play long range passes and switches of play, thats how he is, thats how he's always been, how he always will be... if one of LFC's top 10 players of all time can't adapt properly to a short passing game, how on earth do you expect average and decent premier league players like Henderson and others to do so? As I've said a million times, you can bang on about tactics and all that boll0cks, because thats what most of it is, boll0cks. Tacitcs will win you a two leg tie in europe, it will win you the odd game, quality players win you trophies, consistency and make you a great team.

Tactically it would be impossible for every manager to get it right all the time, I personally think that the very best managers tactically get it right 25% of the time, the rest of it is down to how good the players they have at their disposal are. And Rodgers, has not spent the money wisely and we lack real quality.

Balotelli is a quality player. You can see in his touch and awareness how good the lad is, he's never a great goalscorer, but he's got that touch of class. However, you can also see how much the side misses Suarez in comparrison to him. Another three or four through the door with the same level of ability as Balotelli and we may have a team that can challenge again, but the system doesn't suit him either. He will improve with Daniel Sturridge's return, of that I have no doubt at all.

The money this summer, should have been spent on players to improve the first 11. Tevez, Begovic, Lovren, Richards (I'd have had Lallana at the right price) and someone lilke Schneiderlin or Wanyama. Also, Remy at £8,500,000 would have been a superb signing and is of similar style to Tevez and Sturridge as well as probably being as good as Daniel so you don't lose much if anything when Danny is injured. Manquillo still could have come on loan... leaving us with a better squad and first 11 than the one we currently have.

Of all the players I mentioned, I think every one of them would have came here and improved not only the first 11, but the squad.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:56 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:13 pm wrote:
Boocity » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 am wrote:Take it easy Stu, this is a forum and people are here to debate, ok if you don't agree with anothers point of view then thats fine, put your argument forward but theres no need for questioning their support because they are not born in liverpool or personal attacks.

. You mention tactics, but tactics won't win you a league. Great players win you a league, great teams consist of great players. You may get away with not having a world class player if you have 11 players with the ability of Sterling or Coutinho in your side, but we don't. Suarez made the difference for us. That much is obvious. Tactics are very overated in football as are managers roles in "creating" these said tactics. Players very often define tactical play and players quality often defines its effectiveness. Gerrard at 34, has never ever learnt, to not play long range passes and switches of play, thats how he is, thats how he's always been, how he always will .

Man Utd beat Arsenal 8-2 on August 2011

this was the side they put out

01 De Gea
03 Evra
04 Jones
06 Evans
12 Smalling
08 Anderson (Giggs - 68' )
17 Nani (Park Ji-sung - 68' )
18 Young
23 Cleverley
10 Rooney
19 Welbeck (Hernandez - 35' )

Yep tactics and managers have nothing to do with it. Just an amazing united side there

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:07 pm

I'm not majorily concerned by our stuttering start just yet.  We are team that relies heavily on our offence.  The strength of our offence was based on pace and movement.  We signed 2 strikers that don't really meet that criteria. 

We desperately need Sturridge back as he is vital to us.  He scores plenty of goals but also his movement will make things easier for Balotelli, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana etc. 

If we plan on playing 2 strikers, we are going to need to sign another in January.  Lambert and Borini should be nowhere near our starting 11. 

Allen coming back will also be huge.  He might not be world class but he offers a lot more than Lucas would in the 2 of a midfield 1-2. 

Agree that our all out attack is crazy stuff at times though.  Could really do with a bit more balance.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:11 am wrote:

Infact, I'll humour you, I know you won't get it, and I know I'm wasting my time because you couldn't possibley comprehend the fact you're a moron, but I'll do it none the less.

1. Why, when the man in the pub, and just about every single person in the world, knew that Mourinho was going to set up for a draw and wait for a mistake or set piece, (our true achillies heel) did we play a high risk game, in a game we needed only to draw, not win, against the best defensive side and the best defensive coach in world football? Can you please answer me that?

Why was Rodgers so arrogant as to think we'd simply roll Chelsea over? Why did he not think they'd come without an effective plan to stop us? You bang on about Gerrards slip, whats he f*cking doing on the half way line, as the last man with the full backs on the touchline in a game we do not need to win? Why is he so iscolated in the first place? The answer, was down to the tactics.

2. He didn't get tactics right last season, he f*ck us over against Villa trying to be a smart *****, as he did against Hull and Southampton. In a lot of other games, tactically we were also shocking, Stoke away for example, however, the genius pulled us out of the Sh*t on more than one occassion with some, are you ready for this... RIDICULOUS.... not ridicules... performances. However, you're too blind to see this. You obviously think he contributed very little towards our season, well I have news for you, look at our form now in comparrison and this is with a "stronger squad".

3. You really expect Suarez to break Chelsea down on his own when tactically we got it all wrong and just about everyone struggled? You're really going to critisize him for that performance? Forget the goal a game you've scored mate, forget all the assists and marvelous play through out the season, you were sh*t against Chelsea, and even though the manager got it WRONG resulting in everyone struggling, this now makes you rubbish and means you contributed nothing to the season.

Suarez is a world class player, the third best player in the world and an absolute genius and the fact you can talk about him in the same breath as two freaks like Messi and Ronaldo says it all. If you're too f*cking stupid to see that lad, you're watching the wrong f*cking sport.

Sorry Stu i like your passion but you are a thick as a brick. Yes BR got his tactics wrong against Chelsea WOW! kill the man for being wrong against one of the best teams in the EPL ,he got it right against the rest and that is what COUNTS! If you expect BR and the team to be nail on at ALL games you are even thicker then i thought. He finished 2nd!! scored more then 100 goals!! Fraction from a championship with a team considered in the beginning of the year as European league caliber at best! And i'm the Moron right? Oh great one you are on the wrong side of History. And no i didn't expect LS to break Chelsea but if he was ALL that was Liverpool last year then he surely fcked up and not BR? can you see how RIDICULES you are???? You are an instant fan ,meaning not patience and no understanding ,the worst their is.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:28 pm

jacdaniel » Sep 23rd, '14, 15:07 wrote:I'm not majorily concerned by our stuttering start just yet.  We are team that relies heavily on our offence.  The strength of our offence was based on pace and movement.  We signed 2 strikers that don't really meet that criteria. 

We desperately need Sturridge back as he is vital to us.  He scores plenty of goals but also his movement will make things easier for Balotelli, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana etc. 

If we plan on playing 2 strikers, we are going to need to sign another in January.  Lambert and Borini should be nowhere near our starting 11. 

Allen coming back will also be huge.  He might not be world class but he offers a lot more than Lucas would in the 2 of a midfield 1-2. 

Agree that our all out attack is crazy stuff at times though.  Could really do with a bit more balance.

Regarding Joe Allen being injured, the Club have not given any indications as to when he can return. This may essentially be down to the club conducting assessments on a day by day basis (could be back in the next couple of days for all we know) or because it could be a long term injury and won't know until rehabilitation commences.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby only me » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:04 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:13 pm wrote:

When some muppet who's never even watched a live game, been to anfield or has no qualifications in a field calls someone's views ridiculous and personally insults me then I won't "take it easy" what so ever. Numpty's who's support numorous teams and think they're the oracle, yet have no concept of real football other than f*cking championship manager do my wick in to be perfectly honest with you. Disagree all you like, have a different opinion, look at the way I repsonded to Yakka in comparrisson.
I have no problem with conflicting views that are backed up with reasonable arguement and logic and am very open to learning new things and hearing new ideas, but the fact is, if you're going to talk complete and utter garbage and pathetic rubbish and tell me a square has 8 sides then you're going to get called clueless muppet.

You've said we done well when he wasn't playing, did we really? Three 1-0 wins, a poor away draw and in every match we scraped the 1-0 win. We didn't play well at all when Suarez wasn't in the side. Sturridge scored a couple of goals but by no means were we dominant and in control in any of those games. You mention tactics, but tactics won't win you a league. Great players win you a league, great teams consist of great players. You may get away with not having a world class player if you have 11 players with the ability of Sterling or Coutinho in your side, but we don't. Suarez made the difference for us. That much is obvious. Tactics are very overated in football as are managers roles in "creating" these said tactics. Players very often define tactical play and players quality often defines its effectiveness. Gerrard at 34, has never ever learnt, to not play long range passes and switches of play, thats how he is, thats how he's always been, how he always will be... if one of LFC's top 10 players of all time can't adapt properly to a short passing game, how on earth do you expect average and decent premier league players like Henderson and others to do so? As I've said a million times, you can bang on about tactics and all that boll0cks, because thats what most of it is, boll0cks. Tacitcs will win you a two leg tie in europe, it will win you the odd game, quality players win you trophies, consistency and make you a great team.

Tactically it would be impossible for every manager to get it right all the time, I personally think that the very best managers tactically get it right 25% of the time, the rest of it is down to how good the players they have at their disposal are. And Rodgers, has not spent the money wisely and we lack real quality.

Balotelli is a quality player. You can see in his touch and awareness how good the lad is, he's never a great goalscorer, but he's got that touch of class. However, you can also see how much the side misses Suarez in comparrison to him. Another three or four through the door with the same level of ability as Balotelli and we may have a team that can challenge again, but the system doesn't suit him either. He will improve with Daniel Sturridge's return, of that I have no doubt at all.

The money this summer, should have been spent on players to improve the first 11. Tevez, Begovic, Lovren, Richards (I'd have had Lallana at the right price) and someone lilke Schneiderlin or Wanyama. Also, Remy at £8,500,000 would have been a superb signing and is of similar style to Tevez and Sturridge as well as probably being as good as Daniel so you don't lose much if anything when Danny is injured. Manquillo still could have come on loan... leaving us with a better squad and first 11 than the one we currently have.

Of all the players I mentioned, I think every one of them would have came here and improved not only the first 11, but the squad.

Do you really believe that the argument of one "who's never even watched a live game, been to anfield or has no qualifications in a field" has any fck all relevance then you are clearly a deluded little person.(Most of LFC fans answer this description). And just to set the records straight i watch a load of live football (Bad one i agree) i saw some LFC live matches including last year loss at the Emirates and i don't think it made me significantly more enlightened then most of lfc fans which can't travel. What i'm saying for the million time that while i don't necessarily think you are wrong on your analysis of specific games your overall conclusion is wrong ,condescending ,ungrateful and frankly pathetic.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:28 pm wrote:
jacdaniel » Sep 23rd, '14, 15:07 wrote:I'm not majorily concerned by our stuttering start just yet.  We are team that relies heavily on our offence.  The strength of our offence was based on pace and movement.  We signed 2 strikers that don't really meet that criteria. 

Regarding Joe Allen being injured, the Club have not given any indications as to when he can return. This may essentially be down to the club conducting assessments on a day by day basis (could be back in the next couple of days for all we know) or because it could be a long term injury and won't know until rehabilitation commences.

That would be a disaster if he was out long term.  He's a solid player and with all the new recruits its nice to have someone whose used to the system.  He's good at keeping our short passing going as well as a very good presser.  I don't hate Lucas but in the same team as Gerrard they bring out the very worst in each other.

Him, Sturridge and even Flanno are big losses.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Stu the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:13 pm wrote:

You support numerous teams don't you Stu? That's what you said in the message you sent me when you disagreed with me in the past.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:14 pm

only me » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:04 pm wrote:
Do you really believe that the argument of one "who's never even watched a live game, been to anfield or has no qualifications in a field" has any fck all relevance then you are clearly a deluded little person.(Most of LFC fans answer this description). And just to set the records straight i watch a load of live football (Bad one i agree) i saw some LFC live matches including last year loss at the Emirates and i don't think it made me significantly more enlightened then most of lfc fans which can't travel. What i'm saying for the million time that while i don't necessarily think you are wrong on your analysis of specific games your overall conclusion is wrong ,condescending ,ungrateful and frankly pathetic.

Good post...

:wwww  :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:15 pm

Are you seriously arguing whether or not tactics have a meaning in football? Or am I reading it wrong?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:49 am

Someone within the club needs to  give BR a few hard boots up the backside,  sit him down and give him a few hard slaps, and ask him what the F**k he thinks he is doing by tinkering needlessly. It's not clever and he should not be playing around as if it was Football Manager 2014.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:43 am

damjan193 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:15 pm wrote:Are you seriously arguing whether or not tactics have a meaning in football? Or am I reading it wrong?
???  ???

Where the f*ck did I say that? ???

Tactics are important to an extent, but to suggest its the be all and end all or the most important thing is complete and utter bull sh*t. If you have Messi and Suarez upfront, the "tactic" you you employ is to get them on the ball as much as possible. Tactics revolve around players quality, all the average players in world tactically well drilled will not make a league winning side.

You have to have quality players. As I said to you earlier in the summer, the first 11 needed improving, not the squad. You disagree, suprise, suprise you were wrong. As was the manager.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion