Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:07 pm

A few rumor's from the papers, especially for Bungle Mark... enjoy :)

Liverpool are still monitoring Karim Benzema despite the striker recently signing a new contract with Real Madrid until 2019.

Benzema extended his deal with the Spanish capital club in August but he has been criticised by some Real fans this season after struggling to find the net.

The 26-year-old suffered a dip in form at the end of last season despite helping Los Blancos to Champions League glory.

He has started this season with two goals - a thumping header in La Liga and a strike in Europe - but the Spanish side have suffered two shock defeats in the league. Liverpool were strongly linked with a move for Benzema during this summer's transfer window but talk of a switch was put to bed by his new deal.

However, reports in Spain suggest the Reds still have their eye on the French striker.

Fichajes.com believes Brendan Rodgers could move to land the former Lyon star next summer despite the recent signing of Mario Balotelli from AC Milan.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:07 pm

Dele Alli may be being chased by Liverpool and Bayern Munich, but the classy MK Dons teenager is keeping his feet firmly on the ground.

The 18-year-old England Under-19 impressed during the surprise 4-0 win over Manchester United in the Capital One Cup and has come on the radar of two European giants.

The midfielder, who has three goals in nine matches for Karl Robinson's promotion chasers, says the attentions of two clubs currently competing in the Champions league doesn't affect him.

"Before games, the gaffer will sit me down, tell me I'm being watched, and make sure I'm not getting carried away," Alli told The Telegraph.

"I've heard [Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers] has [been watching]. It's not something I really worry about.

"I wasn't fazed against United. We were up against Anderson, [Adnan] Januzaj and [Nick] Powell. That three was the best midfield I've played against; their movement was a lot sharper than anyone I've come up against so far. But nothing fazes me.

"That game against United gave me great inspiration because that's where I want to be playing - in the top leagues against the top teams. It showed I am capable of doing that eventually. Everyone's dream is to play in the World Cup and for a Premier League team but I'm happy here."

MK Dons know that an offer of around £4m could be enough to tempt the midfielder out of League One.

Source: The Independent
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:08 pm

Arsenal and Liverpool are reportedly preparing bids to try and lure Real Madrid midfielder Isco to England in January.

The 22-year-old's place at the Santiago Bernabeu outfit has been called into question after Real signed Toni Kroos from Bayern Munich during the summer.

Despite the player - who is contracted to the capital club until 2018 - previously insisting that he does not want to leave Los Blancos, the Express have claimed that Isco is now ready to negotiate a move away from Spain in January to increase his playing time.

It is believed that both Brendan Rodgers and Arsene Wenger would prefer to recruit Barcelona winger Pedro Rodriguez during the winter transfer window, but with the Spain international looking likely to secure a switch to Juventus, Liverpool and Arsenal will instead try and sign Isco.

The Real midfielder scored 11 goals for the club last term after completing a £24million move from Malaga in the summer of 2013.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Liverpool and Chelsea are believed to be keeping close tabs on Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Julian Brandt, according to reports.

The Mirror suggest the Premier League duo have sent scouts to watch the 18-year-old, while Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has already been to see him in action.

Brandt, who scored in Leverkusen's 4-2 win over Hertha Berlin last month, has made two appearances for his club this season.

He is rated as one of the hottest prospects in the Bundesliga after making his first-team breakthrough in February.

The teenager is capped for Germany at Under-19 level, helping his side to victory at the Uefa U19 Championship over the summer.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Liverpool are set for a heated battle with Spanish Champions Atletico Madrid if they are to land Paris Saint-Germain forward Ezequiel Lavezzi.

According to Spanish newspaper AS, Diego Simeone hasn't given up hope of landing the Argentine international, and will table an offer in January.

The catalyst for Lavezzi's reported exit has been his inability to break into the Parisians' starting eleven, frequently having to make do with brief appearances from the bench.

The 29-year-old's contract is due to expire in the summer of 2016, and with a new contract yet to be concluded - a Parc des Princes exit is a very real possibility.

It has been rumoured Laurent Blanc will again attempt to offer Lavezzi a contract extension, but with such a lack of game time, and a clear preference for Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Edinson Cavani - he'll need to offer a significant contract improvement.

Acquiring Lavezzi for a nominal fee in January, or for free in the summer would represent a sizeable coup for either Champions League side.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Liverpool and Manchester City are among the clubs watching Real Madrid starlet Jack Harper.

The 18-year-old was outstanding in Madrid's UEFA Youth League victory over Basle in midweek impressing Liverpool and City scouts among others.

Harper was born in Fuengirola, Spain after his family moved from Barrhead, East Renfrewshire, in Scotland.

He was signed by Madrid at 13 after being spotted playing for local side Los Boliches and despite strong competition from Sevilla.

Under the tutelage of coaches Fernando Morientes and Zinedine Zidane, he has developed into an attacking midfielder with great promise.

He scored, hit the crossbar and showed some excellent touches in the 2-0 win over Basle, earning a standing ovation when he was substituted in the second half.

Madrid have high hopes for Harper but with first team superstars blocking his progress, they know clubs are showing interest in the hope of tempting him with regular first team football elsewhere.

Source: Daily Mail
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:27 am

Metro Sunday 21 Sep 2014 5:20 pm

Liverpool poised to make Joe Hart move with goalkeeper fearing for his Manchester City future

Liverpool have emerged as potential suitors for goalkeeper Joe Hart with the England international reportedly fearing for his Manchester City future after revealing that the club have not spoken to him about a new deal.

As an important player with under two years left on his current deal at the Etihad Stadium outfit, Hart would have expected to have entered into contract negotiations by now, and is worried about the reasons behind the lack of activity, according to the Daily Mail.

The 27-year-old has conceded that he has heard nothing about a new contract, and is unaware of what the club’s intentions are.

‘Anything about a new contract is news to me,’ Hart said.

‘I’ve heard nothing. I’ve got a year, nearly two years, left on my deal. That is all I am aware of.’

There wouldn’t be a shortage of suitors should Hart become sufficiently unsettled at City, and interest from Liverpool would certainly make sense after some unconvincing performances from Simon Mignolet have already seen the Reds pursue a back-up goalkeeper in the form of Victor Valdes.

MORE: Liverpool remain hopeful of deal for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema but may have to wait until next summer

Didn't realise Hart was still only 27, would be a good signing for us, lets face it right now almost any keeper would be a good signing for us   :D

Obviously a rumour based on the thinnest of foundation but would be more than happy to see this one develop.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:08 pm

Fiorentina are weighing up a move for Liverpool and Tottenham target Yevhen Konoplyanka, reports in Italy claim.

The Ukraine international has been linked with a move away from Dnipro for some time now, having been the subject of much interest during the summer transfer window.

West Ham reportedly had a £12m bid rejected, while Liverpool and Spurs were also said to be monitoring the situation.

Konoplyanka's current contract runs out at the end of this season and the 24-year-old has told Dnipro that he has no plans to sign a new deal.

That means the winger would be available on a free next summer, a proposition that has attracted the attention of a host of English clubs.

However, according to Tuttosport, Fiorentina are now contemplating a January move for Konoplyanka in attempt to beat off any competition for his signature.

The January transfer window will be the last time Dnipro can source a fee for the midfielder and as such he could be available for around £8m.

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:11 pm

I think the Konoplyanka boat has sailed. I really don't think we'll go back for him.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:08 am

Mirror online

Real Madrid plot Raheem Sterling transfer from Liverpool as new contract fails to materialise

Sep 23, 2014 22:31
    By John Cross

The teenage forward has become a key player for the Kop club and England but his £30,000-a-week deal makes him one of the lowest paid in both squads

Real Madrid are stepping up their efforts to sign Raheem Sterling next summer.

The Spanish giants' coach Carlo Ancelotti has put the Liverpool star on top of his hit-list after his stunning form for club and country.

Real have been alerted by the fact that the Reds have yet to tie down Sterling to a long-term contract, and are ready to move for him.

Liverpool appear to be dragging their feet on putting together a new deal for Sterling and that will give foreign clubs major encouragement.

The 19-year-old is currently on a £30,000-a-week package that expires in 2017, and the Kop club were expected to reward his progress with a new deal.

We revealed in April that he was in line for an improved contract after his impressive form for Liverpool, which helped force his way into England’s World Cup set-up.

He is currently one of the lower earners in the Liverpool set-up - and his deal is dwarfed by those of almost all of his England team-mates.

But the Reds' boss Brendan Rodgers last month insisted Sterling must wait for a new deal - and that has encouraged the men from the Bernabeu.

Rodgers said: “When you reward young players too quickly – Raheem’s still only 19 – you give them too much too early and that will be their downfall. It’s a big problem because they lose their hunger.”

Liverpool will be anxious not to lose one of their prize assets but the contract will be a concern with big clubs hovering.

Real have cash to spend after selling Angel Di Maria to Manchester United for a British record £59.7million, and have also seen Gareth Bale become a huge success as a Premier League export in Spain since signing him from Tottenham in summer 2013.

The Welshman has even encouraged Sterling to join him at the European champions.

Bale said last week: “If you look at Raheem Sterling, I think he’s shown what a good player he is. He’s starting to perform more consistently.

“If he keeps working hard and doing what he’s doing, then he’s going to keep progressing and the sky is his limit.”

MIRROR OPINION: Be afraid, Liverpool fans. The White Shadow (Madrid) ALWAYS get their man

:( 

Christ sake , would have thought this would've been sorted already, didn't hear BR complaining about "too much too early" when it came to signing his new contract !   :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:51 am

I believe Raheem Sterling already has a long contract, so wouldn't pay to much attention to what the press say about Contracts. They are just stirring. Anyway, it's  high time that the likes of RM and Barca are  properly shown the door, and state 'you don't always get your man, So F**k Off, you to Gareth Bale'
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Boocity » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:15 am

I doubt there is a release clause in his contract and we know from last year that Henry has no issue with just saying no so I very much doubt we would sell him
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Liverpool are leading Manchester City in the race for Real Madrid prodigy Jack Harper.

The 18-year-old, who was born in Spain to Scottish parents, has become one of the most talked-about talents at Real's academy following a stunning performance in last week's UEFA Youth League victory against Basle.

Harper was snapped up by the current Champions League holders when he was just 13, and went on to score 25 goals for their Juvenil B side last season.

Reports claim that both Brendan Rodgers and Manuel Pellegrini have sent scouts to watch the striker, with both managers plotting a move at the end of the season, although a January bid isn't out of the question.

However, it is believed that Anfield would be Harper's first choice due to Rodgers' quality at developing youngsters and handing them chances in his starting XI.

And the forward's former coach, Santiago Sanchez, believes that should Harper remain with Los Blancos, he will eventually become a top player for Carlo Ancelotti's side.

He said: "[Harper] has a lot of talent and, while he has a lot of developing to do, I really believe he will play for Real Madrid in years to come."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:15 pm

Marco Reus is refusing to enter into contract negotiations with Borussia Dortmund as Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal prepare bids for the end of the season.

The Germany international is wanted by a number of top European clubs including Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid, but is believed to favour a Premier League switch should he quit the Bundesliga.

Reus' release clause is set to drop to just £20million at the end of the season, and rumours in his homeland suggest the player will look to take advantage by securing a move away from Jurgen Klopp's side.

The Dortmund manager insists that Reus remains a key part of his plans for the future, but German outlet Sportbild claims that the versatile forward has told his club he has no plans to enter talks over a new deal until the end of the current campaign.

Reus is reportedly concerned about Dortmund's transfer policy, with the club losing both Robert Lewandowski and Mario Goetze to fierce rivals Bayern in the recent past, and is waiting to see how the team evolves over the course of the season.

The news will come as a major boost to Louis Van Gaal, Brendan Rodgers and Arsene Wenger, who have all made Reus one of their top priorities for the summer transfer window.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:39 am

Liverpool and Manchester United have been handed a boost in their pursuit of Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus, with the midfielder stalling on a new contract with the club.

Several clubs from across Europe targeted Reus during the summer transfer window but while he remained at Dortmund, a move may still be on the cards.

According to the Express, Reus' release clause will drop to £20m next summer, leaving the door open for the likes of Liverpool, Manchester United and other interested parties to snap him up.

Arsenal are another club said to be keeping close tabs on the situation, as the German international refuses to sign an extension until he is satisfied with the Bundesliga side's transfer aspirations.

Robert Lewandowski and Mario Gotze have both quit Dortmund recently for league rivals Bayern Munich and Reus wants to be convinced over the course of the season that Jurgen Klopp's side are willing to spend big to remain competitive.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill