R.I.P

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Stu one of my best mates transports organs for transplants and the success rate is phenomenal. I appreciate that bone marrow is slightly different.  You are in a brilliant country with probably the best health service when the chips are down. Keep your chin up mate. Easy for me to say I know but you appreciate the power of positive thinking and determination as much as any of us.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:21 pm

Just a small update.

Not sure if this will work but I have uploaded some images of my tumour onto image shack. Luckily its flat now, after the second round of chemo it went flat after three days which I thought was incredible considering the size of it.

I am in remission and hopefully, this last bout of chemo which will start this week and then the bone marrow transplant will stop the t*at coming back.

https://imageshack.com/i/exPo27Phj

Not sure if either of those links work, they should do. Please refrain from commenting on my good looks, I do have cancer and was ill and drugged up at the time... :D

Also, I'm very aware I have a hairy chest and back, so if your going to point that out... Please do so in a pleasant mannor so we don't fall out... :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:22 am

jaysus lad you didnt have to do that at all  :no  no one on here doubted you in the slightest.
stuff like that is real life and could happen any one of us at any time.
its great to hear about your progress though and that things are going well. keep up the good spirit, get yourself over the next step and you'l be having a few bevvies at christmas  :nod
we are all rooting for you   :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:55 pm

It wasn't so much for the bellend's who don't believe me, at the end of the day they're just f*cking maggots and Louis Spence wannabe's etc. One of them is nothing but an internet gangster who's nothing but a joke in real life and scared of his own shadow...

It was more to show one or two people... (well wishers) :D the size of the tumour and obviously recieve some stick about my good looks... to be honest, I meant to do it moons ago but never had chance/couldn't be arsed... that bellend the other day just movtivated me slightly to actually get it done. :)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:50 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:21 pm wrote:Just a small update.

Not sure if this will work but I have uploaded some images of my tumour onto image shack. Luckily its flat now, after the second round of chemo it went flat after three days which I thought was incredible considering the size of it.

I am in remission and hopefully, this last bout of chemo which will start this week and then the bone marrow transplant will stop the t*at coming back.

Not sure if either of those links work, they should do. Please refrain from commenting on my good looks, I do have cancer and was ill and drugged up at the time... :D

Also, I'm very aware I have a hairy chest and back, so if your going to point that out... Please do so in a pleasant mannor so we don't fall out... :D

Just out of interest what makes the bone marrow stop it coming back, is it a white blood cell thing?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:20 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:50 pm wrote:Just out of interest what makes the bone marrow stop it coming back, is it a white blood cell thing?

I'm not sure how much you know about cancer so if you do know anything I don't mean to sound condecending (for once :D )...

Basically cancer cells are in us all.

I have something called T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma which is very, very aggressive and fast spreading and also produces nasty tumours. The visible tumour on my neck was not the only one, I had four more around my heart which crushed my lungs. Had I not been treated when I was, I would have been dead with in a month. However, as I said earlier, the tumours have all disappeared and been killed off by the Chemo...

Lymphoblasts are effectively cell featuses, that haven't developed properly. Now, in your body, your bone marrow will recognise these defective t-cells and kill them (using b-cells and other types of white blood cell), In my body, for whatever reason, when they get into the lymph nodes, my body then fails to recognise them as a threat, they then multiply at ridiculous rates and form these tumours. In most people, if you have a cell, and its comes into contact with another similar cell, it stops reproducing, however, lymphoblasts don't, they keep reproducing.

The theory is by replacing my bone marrow with yours (for example) is that your bone marrow, would recognise this threat and kill it before it becomes a problem.

The aim now the cancer is in remission, is that when my bone marrow is replaced, any remaining cells, which there will likely be some, will be attacked by the new bone marrow and killed off.

Without being a doctor thats my understanding. As to whether it will work as they say is anyones guess but upon asking my consultant would he have the bone marrow if he was me and his answer being "definately" then for me its a no brainer.

:)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Get well soon dude
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:53 pm

kazza » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:38 pm wrote:Get well soon dude

Ta Kazza lar... I'm getting there lid! :D hopefully :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:20 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:50 pm wrote:Just out of interest what makes the bone marrow stop it coming back, is it a white blood cell thing?

I'm not sure how much you know about cancer so if you do know anything I don't mean to sound condecending (for once :D )...

Basically cancer cells are in us all.

I have something called T-Cell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma which is very, very aggressive and fast spreading and also produces nasty tumours. The visible tumour on my neck was not the only one, I had four more around my heart which crushed my lungs. Had I not been treated when I was, I would have been dead with in a month. However, as I said earlier, the tumours have all disappeared and been killed off by the Chemo...

Lymphoblasts are effectively cell featuses, that haven't developed properly. Now, in your body, your bone marrow will recognise these defective t-cells and kill them (using b-cells and other types of white blood cell), In my body, for whatever reason, when they get into the lymph nodes, my body then fails to recognise them as a threat, they then multiply at ridiculous rates and form these tumours. In most people, if you have a cell, and its comes into contact with another similar cell, it stops reproducing, however, lymphoblasts don't, they keep reproducing.

The theory is by replacing my bone marrow with yours (for example) is that your bone marrow, would recognise this threat and kill it before it becomes a problem.

The aim now the cancer is in remission, is that when my bone marrow is replaced, any remaining cells, which there will likely be some, will be attacked by the new bone marrow and killed off.

Without being a doctor thats my understanding. As to whether it will work as they say is anyones guess but upon asking my consultant would he have the bone marrow if he was me and his answer being "definately" then for me its a no brainer.

:)

Of course. We all would. Good luck.

Very interesting, thank goodness for the NHS. It's situations like these that make you thankful we have a health care system that doesn't require private coverage
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:02 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:39 pm wrote:
Of course. We all would. Good luck.

Very interesting, thank goodness for the NHS. It's situations like these that make you thankful we have a health care system that doesn't require private coverage

Couldn't agree with you more. The NHS is a briliant thing in this country (speaking from personal experience) the speed with which I was dealt with from initial appointments to diagnosis and starting treatment was superb.

The care I've recieved and am still recieving from MOST of the staff is absolutely world class. I'm obviously not the easiest patient to get on with, I wouldn't be me if I was... :D but the care and attention I've recieved is phenominal. The knowledge most of the staff have and the consultants are absolutely out of this world. Some of the nursing and staff and healthcare assistants bend over backwards for you (on a none serious note: when they're fit as f*ck as well it makes things even better :D ) back to the seriousness :( by getting you drinks, stuff from the canteen, TV cards etc (IE things they aren't really there for).

My consultant actually slightly misdiagnosed me at first due to the nature of the desease, the first round of chemo had no effect, he then within days decided to try a different route and the results speak for themselves. He said it was acute T cell lympoblastic lukemia, which produces the same cells as my condition, they are both very similar deseases in many ways and what I have is actually a boarderline/crossover between lukeimia and lymphoma. The misdiagnosis was due to him not seeing this desease before manifest itself in the way it has with me. Its actually more of a childs desease and its rare in people my age. Also, it doesn't tend to present itself as a lymphoma as mine has done, but the speed at effeciency with which they corrected an initial mistake was impressive.

On the positive for me personally, I don't have a philidelphia chromosone (something which negatively affects prognosis), it hasn't infected my bone marrow, it hasn't effected my spinal and brain fluid which it can do (although my brain has been effected (joke) :D ) and I do have my strength and previous good health and fitness on my side.

All positive. The only thing that goes against me is I'm over the age of 22 (roughly around the age people start to die, and growth has finished, NOTE: this doesn't mean you will die soon after this age, it just means after this age the body starts a very slow process towards death after initial growth) which reduces my chances of a full cure, but I'm not a million miles from that age, and one out of five factors against is not to bad.

They've given me a 60% - 70% chance of a full cure... the odds aren't fantastic, but if they can cure me for 10 years, you never know how far advanced we'll be in that time, it may just in ten years time by a case of taking one pill and you're done so I'd take that.

If I don't have the bone marrow transplant there is an 80% - 85% chance this will come back within a year or two. apparently. However, I have acheived a good remission.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:30 am

By the way I'm making up all this up apparently, I spend my spare time reading about this stuff and learning about just so I can make it up and put it online to try and "get sympathy" and also the pictures aren't really me, they're a double, who looks acts and sounds like me and has sex with my mrs... :eyebrow
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:54 am

wazzap!? :D

you will be fine
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:06 pm

Stu you don't normally give di.ckheads the time of day. Why did you choose to on this occasion? Nobody except somebody with the IQ of a brick would question your illness. Concentrate on getting better mate and don't get wound up by idiots.

Chin up and good luck.

Best wishes

Dev
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:18 pm

I meant to post them ages ago to be fair dev it was just one of those things. We all occasionally get annoyed with something we shouldn't and a little Mincer was just one of those things. In hospital now, had a small relapse but it's responding thank God. Although the treatment is horrific. Hopefully my bone marrow transplant isn't to far away
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:48 pm

Damn, that thing looks awful!

The tumor looks pretty bad as well :D

Seriously though, stay strong mate and best of luck to you.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum