Liverpool V West Ham - Sat Sep 20th - 5.30pm Kick Off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Don't forget lads, we're still getting over the loss of Suarez and trying to redefine our role. Of course it dodn't help that Dany was injured either.

BUT why can't we fight like Leicester or like Soton? That's what pi$$es me off.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:45 pm

devaney » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:23 pm wrote:Gerrard was given a massive bashing on tho forum by the same people last season until we strung together nearly a title winning number of games. Nobody would argue except a fool that he is not past his best. SURELY WE HAVE GOT TO GIVE THIS MORE THAN A FEW GAMES TO SEE IF IT WORKS INSTEAD OF SUGGESTING THAT THE NEW SIGNINGS ARE POOR AND THAT GERRARD IS FINISHED. I think the team spirit and Rodger's tactics are a key problem at the moment. Utilising the likes of Borini and Lucas to start when both players know that the club was almost desperate to get rid of them during the summer isn't really very bright.

As for eating humble pie Stu no doubt you are still stuffed from the massive portion you had to eat at the end of last season. We missed winning the title by 2 points and at times reading your stuff I would have thought if I didn't know better that we were relegation bound !!! It is inevitable if you write virtually nothing other than negative statements that eventually you will get something right but once again you are so ridiculously premature with your new player assessments that it is unbelievable. Just remember you had Sterling down as a Championship player at the beginning of last season  :laugh:

I know its been a fkg awful start to the season but lets a least hold our heads up high. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO YNWA ???   :(t

PS: At least Van Girl has mad my weekend just a little bit better  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Yes two points off winning, remember the Chelsea game at home tho and also how we fell apart against Palace, it was happening at the end of last season not just this one, pre-season can't be taken into account as the pace is so much slower, now we are back in the frenetic pace of the PL he's being found wanting. I'm with RBG, sentimentality is for when they're pundits, launching a book or the masters tournament, not our first team.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:28 pm

Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:07 pm

While things look pretty grim right now you can always count on the likes of Leicester ,WestBrom ,Palace to cheer you up  :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Its not expectation mate, if Leicester, Soton and the like can stand up and get results then I expect LFC to do the same.

We have no more excuses.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:30 pm

Reg » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:11 pm wrote:

Its not expectation mate, if Leicester, Soton and the like can stand up and get results then I expect LFC to do the same.

We have no more excuses.

Totally agree and we're only 3 points off the top 4 and ahead of utd
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:55 pm

3 points off the top four you say...
We were 2nd last season. We should be there at least.
What a defeatist comment...but a sad indictment of where we are.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:54 am

devaney » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:23 pm wrote:Gerrard was given a massive bashing on tho forum by the same people last season until we strung together nearly a title winning number of games. Nobody would argue except a fool that he is not past his best. SURELY WE HAVE GOT TO GIVE THIS MORE THAN A FEW GAMES TO SEE IF IT WORKS INSTEAD OF SUGGESTING THAT THE NEW SIGNINGS ARE POOR AND THAT GERRARD IS FINISHED. I think the team spirit and Rodger's tactics are a key problem at the moment. Utilising the likes of Borini and Lucas to start when both players know that the club was almost desperate to get rid of them during the summer isn't really very bright.

As for eating humble pie Stu no doubt you are still stuffed from the massive portion you had to eat at the end of last season. We missed winning the title by 2 points and at times reading your stuff I would have thought if I didn't know better that we were relegation bound !!! It is inevitable if you write virtually nothing other than negative statements that eventually you will get something right but once again you are so ridiculously premature with your new player assessments that it is unbelievable. Just remember you had Sterling down as a Championship player at the beginning of last season  :laugh:

I know its been a fkg awful start to the season but lets a least hold our heads up high. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO YNWA ???   :(t

PS: At least Van Girl has mad my weekend just a little bit better  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I am really hoping it is just the tactics Devaney. because Stu wasn't the only one ripping into you during the pre-season on the signings Rodgers was bringing on board.  :glare:

It's obvious with the Can injury that we still need a DM that can actually do the job in our midfield, Lucas is absolute garbage and should have been shown the door years ago.

To add to this we now have the unmitigated disaster that is Mignolet between our posts and we will need to find a keeper as soon as we have half a chance.

Not sure what is going on with our defense as I thought that Lovren would at least shore things up. Rodgers might need to get better assistants to help him out there because we are leaking goals a plenty.

With Balotelli and Sturridge up front we will be a much better side, but can't believe we still have Borini stinking the place out. Rodgers looks very stupid now for being convinced to keep him at the club.  :no

All in all fans won't accept failure outside the top 4 and at this moment Rodgers is in big, big trouble especially with the money he was given over the summer.

The measure of any manager, is now how he responds........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:31 am

bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:55 pm wrote:3 points off the top four you say...

Not defeatist at all, you have to take the comment the context of recent games, lost 3 of our first 5 games and still only 3 off the top 4 shows that all the teams around us are not performing as well.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:21 am

Boocity » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:31 am wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:55 pm wrote:3 points off the top four you say...

Not defeatist at all, you have to take the comment the context of recent games, lost 3 of our first 5 games and still only 3 off the top 4 shows that all the teams around us are not performing as well.

Well it depends on whether you see it as a cup half full or half empty...I will see this as opportunity missed by us putting a marker down and take advantage of those around us dropping points. Losing 3 out of 5 games, and City aside the other teams we should be 6 points better off so...can't see why you're still happy with that
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:25 am

eds » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:54 pm wrote:

I am really hoping it is just the tactics Devaney. because Stu wasn't the only one ripping into you during the pre-season on the signings Rodgers was bringing on board.  :glare:

It's obvious with the Can injury that we still need a DM that can actually do the job in our midfield, Lucas is absolute garbage and should have been shown the door years ago.

To add to this we now have the unmitigated disaster that is Mignolet between our posts and we will need to find a keeper as soon as we have half a chance.

Not sure what is going on with our defense as I thought that Lovren would at least shore things up. Rodgers might need to get better assistants to help him out there because we are leaking goals a plenty.

With Balotelli and Sturridge up front we will be a much better side, but can't believe we still have Borini stinking the place out. Rodgers looks very stupid now for being convinced to keep him at the club.  :no

All in all fans won't accept failure outside the top 4 and at this moment Rodgers is in big, big trouble especially with the money he was given over the summer.

The measure of any manager, is now how he responds........

WORDS-OUT-OF-MY-MOUTH...very well said  :nod
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:44 am

Santa » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:21 am wrote:
Boocity » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:31 am wrote:

Well it depends on whether you see it as a cup half full or half empty...I will see this as opportunity missed by us putting a marker down and take advantage of those around us dropping points. Losing 3 out of 5 games, and City aside the other teams we should be 6 points better off so...can't see why you're still happy with that

Who said I'm happy about it, if you had read my other posts you will see that I'm well p1ssed off about our recent performances, however I am glad that while we are sorting ourselves out other teams you would expect to be right up there are struggling as well and that means we won't face a mountain to climb once our form improves, 3 or 4 wins and we will be back near the top. We may have missed an opportunity but that's the issue, we have missed it, it's no good lamenting on what might have been, you need to look at where we are and how we move forward and improve.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Good Article

Liverpool: We Were Architects Of Our Own Downfall (& That's A Good Thing) - Sabotage Times

Liverpool: We Were Architects Of Our Own Downfall (& That’s A Good Thing)

It would take a foolish man to look beyond Chelsea, with the tactical genius of Jose – ‘you six, on the eighteen yard line’ Mourinho – for the title at the moment.

It would take a special kind of idiot to claim that Liverpool are going to win the league after what can only be regarded as a dismal start to the season – fractured, weak, inconsistent, unbalanced, unconvincing, susceptible to loss to mid table teams that we should be dismantling. I’m that special kind of idiot. Liverpool are going to win the league.

Consider that claim dedicated specifically to the guy who followed me on Twitter simply to quote my own articles at me and laugh at their idiocy. Cheers mate, made me feel like a ‘real’ journalist. Ego suitably polished.

But I refuse to back down. Liverpool will win the league. Feel free to quote that back at me and laugh if it doesn’t happen. I’ll take my chance because despite everything that’s going wrong at the moment – and, Christ knows, there’s a fair bit. I believe.

I believe because, despite the fact that Brendan got it very badly wrong – VERY badly wrong – to start with, he changed, he altered, he adapted and he nearly made it right. To be 2-0 down after 6 minutes is appalling. To be 2-0 down after 6 minutes to a team managed by Sam Allardyce is somewhere way beyond unacceptable. And it’s not like Hammers fans can even disagree with that appraisal; they hate him as much as the rest of us, if not more. We were the architects of our own downfall. Brendan was the architect of our downfall. He chose the wrong team again. He set the wrong team out in the wrong way again. He chose to go with Lucas again. Lucas alongside Gerrard doesn’t work anymore. It doesn’t give forward thrust, it doesn’t relieve pressure, it doesn’t protect the back four.

More…

Joe Hart To Liverpool: Could Man City’s No.1 Solve Rodgers’ Problems?

He chose to change the back four again. Well, he chose to pull Sakho and put Skrtel back. Which might be a good call, Sakho can be a little ‘erratic’ but it doesn’t breed consistency, it doesn’t breed understanding. He chose to start Borini. And Borini did well when he came on in the Champions League, spread the game, put himself about, tried. But Borini doesn’t ‘do it’ on a regular basis. Borini isn’t good enough. There’s a reason why Brendan spent the summer trying to sell Borini to Sunderland and then to QPR. God love Fabio, he wants to fight for his place but he’s not good enough to justify it.

Brendan had the sense to change early. Not early enough to not be 2-0 down but still early. Three centre backs, left back pushed up to midfield, some threat. Enough threat to bring it back to 2-1 before half time; a Balotelli take down, a shot, a rebound for an excellent Sterling finish.

And from there we should push on, we should claw back. Sam knows how to protect a lead though, he marshals teams. We huffed, we puffed, we didn’t threaten. We had all the possession, none of the cutting edge. And then they scored again and it was done and we’d lost three of our first five games and the Mancs and the Bluenoses and the Spurs fans were laughing at us. Which went well for them didn’t it?

People said at the beginning of the season that we’d bought too many, that we couldn’t accommodate everybody we’d signed. And they might have been right. Brendan hasn’t had the luxury of learning rotation so far. He’s learning it now while trying to push on from last season. Learning his best eleven in the post Suarez era, learning the formation that will suit those eleven best and adapting to the fact that his most important signing, Adam Lallana didn’t have a proper pre-season, adapting to the fact that he lost Joe Allen to Andorran astro-turf, adapting to the Hodgson inspired idiocy that lost us Daniel Sturridge.

Excuses? Perhaps but those three come back, the eleven settle, we decide on our formation, we plan for our rotation and everything will come together as it did last season.

At 3pm the Manchester United revival (they beat QPR don’t you know?) was in full swing, Everton were laughing at us and anticipating entering next week’s derby ahead of us in the league, Spurs were entertaining the concept of the top four. At 5.30 Chelsea had won the league. Things change. Quickly. It’s September (I’ve checked). Nothing is won or lost yet.

Liverpool will win the league.
http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/liverpool-we-were-architects-of-our-own-downfall-thats-a-good-thing/

Sod it, Liverpool are going to do the double. And win the Champions League.

You can quote me on that
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:39 pm

The Manager BR did not rectify the main problem of leaky defence of last season which it had cost us the title last year, and this year it seems to be worse which it will eventfully secure us a 7th or 8th place this time round, and by next February we will be out of all competitions.

With this line of defence all the personals have in confidence or trust in each other  especially when you have a dodgy keeper (he reminds me of David James) Why BR did got rid of Rena!!    Sakho is still wild and clumsy and never improved from last season at all.

We are the masters of this league of keeping the ball in our half and playing among ourselves too many square passes often a chest high, and especially when the team is losing, until we gift it to an opponent striker the ball to score a goal. BR ought to get a defence coach to steady the ship, because it is sinking fast towards the dark ages of LFC. 

At more than one occasion in yesterday game there were three of our defenders making no striker and none of them had the confidence to move forward and make the numbers and pressurize the opponent team.  This is negative tactics with an alleged creative tactics.

All the teams know how LFC plays this season, and BR still sticking to his out of date tactics and he is hoping with change of personal it would apply the same outcome. He seems to be lost and has no ideas on how to change the style of play he seems shell shocked with no new idea in sight.

As for the skipper SG really I feel for him the task he is asked to do is beyond him right now, he has no legs to carry on, his passing is no longer spot on, he can’t control the games anymore, SONG had him and Lucas in his pocket, How come we have missed on signing SONG!

The passing and pace is totally alarming, slow pace, a chest high rather than on the floor and precise to feet in forward positions. Our entire forward players seem to hold the ball too long and then lose it in final minute.  No inter-changing at all, and no precise passing, unless that’s improve and new tactics is found and the leaky and weak defence improve, there is no point building our hope at the season outcome... bleak
algymoon

Postby LFC1990 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:38 pm

He brought in 3 defenders

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games