Is Gerrard a "Problem" ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:21 pm

im not going to say he is the sole cause of our problems because i don't believe he is  :no
he has been poor though and could do with a spell on the bench if rodgers really believes in treating everyone the same. we play the bitters next week so no way he will drop him for that but he will for the cup game midweek.
our entire midfield has been poor this season, removing gerrard isnt going to solve that. when can returns he should be given as much game time as possible.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:23 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:21 pm wrote:im not going to say he is the sole cause of our problems because i don't believe he is  :no
he has been poor though and could do with a spell on the bench if rodgers really believes in treating everyone the same. we play the bitters next week so no way he will drop him for that but he will for the cup game midweek.
our entire midfield has been poor this season, removing gerrard isnt going to solve that. when can returns he should be given as much game time as possible.

He isn't the sole problem but he is an automatic pick for the starting lineup (him and Hendo which i also feel can be rotated he isn't that good as some deem him to be) which makes things more complicated.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:35 am

The skipper needs to be dropped :(

However it's not like we a vast array of quality central midfielders who can step in

If Can was fit i would try an Emre Can and Jordan Henderson combination, at least we would have a proper engine room in there that will protect the back 4 better than what is happening at the moment

As for the creativity, it's not like SG has been doing much of that this season, bench him and let Lallana provide the creativity

BR needs to stand up now and make a hard choice, bench him
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Could lucas take stevies position and would stevie be better coming on as a impact sub in an advanced role like the old days be more beneficial to us. Hes still the best crosser of the ball could linkup well with balotelli and give him much needed crosses in the box.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:25 pm

you are joking with lucas aren't you  :nod
gerrard needs to be rested as he already looks knackered. he will be burnt out by halloween if he keeps going every min of every game.  my hopes are on can being good enough to step up to the plate and eventually oust him. if he is given games and takes off then it will give rodgers a major dilemma to work out. we just need to get him back and hope he has what it takes because the other options don't.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:36 pm

Look how city used Lampard today, brought him on fresh as a late sub and he scores the equaliser, that's how we should be using Gerrard, not every minute of every game, as red says, he will be burnt out by Halloween at this rate
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:32 pm

Didn't Gerrard say he quit the England set up because Brendan mentioned he'd have to manage the amount of minutes he gets on the pitch if he didn't call it a day on his international career?
That doesn't sound like someone who's prepared to be rotated to me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:29 pm

your all missing the point same as van gaal has done with rooney. Brendan isnt stupid keep gerrard on his side then any pressure on brendans job he will av stevies support. gerrard has to much power he wont agree to any sitting on any bench. what i will say is his new role isnt working.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:39 am

You're having a laugh aren't you, do you honestly think if we continue losing games FSG wouldn't do anything about it because he would have SG on his side.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:38 am

ballotelliman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:04 pm wrote:Could lucas take stevies position and would stevie be better coming on as a impact sub in an advanced role like the old days be more beneficial to us. Hes still the best crosser of the ball could linkup well with balotelli and give him much needed crosses in the box.

You're not taking the piss and look for a reaction are you? you fucking troll :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:48 am

Santa » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:38 am wrote:
ballotelliman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:04 pm wrote:Could lucas take stevies position and would stevie be better coming on as a impact sub in an advanced role like the old days be more beneficial to us. Hes still the best crosser of the ball could linkup well with balotelli and give him much needed crosses in the box.

You're not taking the piss and look for a reaction are you? you fucking troll :laugh:

He's got it totally wrong about Lucas but not Gerrard, look at Lampard yesterday, brought on as a late sub and rescued a point for city
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:54 am

^ ok to be clear I'm specifically talking about Lucas Leiva :) ...c'mon Benitez what are you waiting for??
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:57 am

Santa » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:54 am wrote:^ ok to be clear I'm specifically talking about Lucas Leiva :) ...c'mon Benitez what are you waiting for??

I'ts unbelievable the lad stayed for so long ,it's a farce almost as big as Glen's....Other then a half decent year prior to his injury he was average it hurt my eyes.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:22 am

Santa » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:54 am wrote:^ ok to be clear I'm specifically talking about Lucas Leiva :) ...c'mon Benitez what are you waiting for??

I think his post lost all credability when he mentioned lucas :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:37 am

wow you guys are ruthless on here forget lucas ok. All i was trying to say is you lot are moaning about gerrard in his current position so if if its not working why not put him in his preferred position and where hes more benificial to the team.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion