Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:07 am

Not sure what he is at right now, but would love to see LFC bring in Sami to sort out our defensive situation. There was a man who knew what's what..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:16 am

Thought yesterday was the first time he looked a little lost and worried on the touchline. I hate harping back to Suarez as he is history now, but last season going into games, it was as though we were starting the game a goal up before a ball had been kicked as mentally the opposition defenders were crapping their pants knowing they were in for a game for the whole 90 mins. Obviously we don't have that fear factor this year and I think teams will go into games against us much more confident. It is up to BR to counter that and find a formula that works and I think this is the year where he will really have to earn his corn
Doeboy

Postby Red Focus » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:39 am

Brendan's defence tactics are still a joke. His attacking tactics are toothless now without the biter and his transfer dealings are comical. Why? With the sale of the mercenary and with 100+million at his disposal, he chose not to spend more than 25M on any single player. If you want to challenge for the title or a top 4 finish, unfortunately you have to spend big on marquee signings like LVG did and Brendan so far is reluctant to do that. He could brought Falcao to replace LS if he really wanted to, but because that would be too 'costly' for him. Brendan is a small club manager with a low budget mentality albeit being good at man management but if you flop in transfers and your defence tactics, you're in for a tough ride. Forgive me for saying this, but Top 4 aspirations are over for this season and a relegation fight has just started beginning with a home defeat by the Bitters next weekend.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby Santa » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:40 am

Remember...this man don't understand what is called Plan B...he believed his Plan A will solve the world's hunger problem and bring peace to the earth  :censored:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:44 am

Doeboy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:16 am wrote:Thought yesterday was the first time he looked a little lost and worried on the touchline.

Could be because he is too dumb to see the first sign of trouble and the big sink hole in our very first game of the season, and again against Villa, City and Ludogorets?  :help
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:21 pm

Football is a cruel game and when your lucks down its a lonely place for a manager with enemies waiting with their knives out. This is not the time for panic or even kicking him while hes down. We have to rally round, both at the game and on forums and phone ins and not fall into the trap of losing confidence in the manager and the players. As those of us wise enough to know will have seen before, once you start moaning and criticising it is hard to stop and this has a detrimental effect on the players and the manager.
I personally think he is making the biggest mistake of his life by playing Lucas and Borini. Neither of them deserve to wear a red shirt ever again. Not because of lack of commitment and loyalty, but because theyre simply not good enough. He really needs to be playing Lambert in order to give him confidence, because bringing him on in the last 5-10 minutes is pointless and embarrassing. Also Gerrard was a great captain because of his leadership qualities in that he led by example. He cant do that now so he is in effect not much use in that role. This needs addressing asap because its clear from his performances and body language that something is not right with him?
We are in four competitions so far and we are playing like a bunch of strangers. Whatever the solution is it needs to be found quickly, before our options diminish. We could and should have won that game yesterday after we scored the goal. But we are missing cohesion and obviously key layers are injured. In the meantime its all hands to the pump, including the supporters, and try and get things back on track before its too late
Thommo's perm

Postby Red Focus » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:55 pm

The man is clueless in defence, midfield and attack without LS. Stevie once said every manager is 10 games away from the sack. If we still perform like the last 2 PL matches in the next 10 PL games, he must go. The man is reluctant to pay a big price for big name players instead he wasted more than 100 million on mediocre players. How stupid can he be esp. when he had the financial resources to sign the likes of Falcao and di Maria. If manure can get Falcao and di Maria without being in CL, so can we, but Brendan didn't because he still has that small club mentality and was sacked by one of those small clubs.

I can see that he bought Lambert in to play for about 10 minutes in the 2nd halves. What's the point of paying 4M for that? Why did he pick Borini when it was reported that he told Borini that he would be 4th choice striker if he stayed on?
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:00 pm

whatever he was rubbing on those players last season need's to be brought back and smeared all over the lot of them. they have got to be at rock bottom confidence wise now and i dont believe with the reintroduction of sturridge and allen will be enough to get any where near the heights of last year.
im absolutely gutted to see him spend that amount of money in the last couple of seasons and not even yield one truly exceptional player that makes a real difference. i was gobsmacked yesterday at K.O to see borini and lucas start whilst lallana and markovic sit on the bench.
the defense is an utter shambles, its pathetic and littered with mistakes and has got to be the worst ive ever seen assembled by any lfc manager.
we needed a win yesterday and most importantly a decent performance but we got neither. there was no urgency, cohesion or creativity to our play at all. we are so predictable in 2 thirds of the field it makes us ridiculously easy to play against. what the fook they where doing in training since ludogorets is anyone's guess.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:19 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:21 pm wrote:Football is a cruel game and when your lucks down its a lonely place for a manager with enemies waiting with their knives out. This is not the time for panic or even kicking him while hes down. We have to rally round, both at the game and on forums and phone ins and not fall into the trap of losing confidence in the manager and the players. As those of us wise enough to know will have seen before, once you start moaning and criticising it is hard to stop and this has a detrimental effect on the players and the manager.
I personally think he is making the biggest mistake of his life by playing Lucas and Borini. Neither of them deserve to wear a red shirt ever again. Not because of lack of commitment and loyalty, but because theyre simply not good enough. He really needs to be playing Lambert in order to give him confidence, because bringing him on in the last 5-10 minutes is pointless and embarrassing. Also Gerrard was a great captain because of his leadership qualities in that he led by example. He cant do that now so he is in effect not much use in that role. This needs addressing asap because its clear from his performances and body language that something is not right with him?
We are in four competitions so far and we are playing like a bunch of strangers. Whatever the solution is it needs to be found quickly, before our options diminish. We could and should have won that game yesterday after we scored the goal. But we are missing cohesion and obviously key layers are injured. In the meantime its all hands to the pump, including the supporters, and try and get things back on track before its too late

Good sensible post... I do believe BRs plan and team.cohesion have been impacted by injuries...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Some of the talk in this thread is ridiculous, Brendan took us to within an ace of the title last year and has got us in the CL for the first time in 5 years.
Yes we look a shambles at the moment but I'm absolutely convinced that there is a very good side within our squad, Brendan just needs a bit of time to find it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:20 pm wrote:Some of the talk in this thread is ridiculous, Brendan took us to within an ace of the title last year and has got us in the CL for the first time in 5 years.
Yes we look a shambles at the moment but I'm absolutely convinced that there is a very good side within our squad, Brendan just needs a bit of time to find it.

Exactly... I can't believe some if the fans on here...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:03 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:20 pm wrote:Some of the talk in this thread is ridiculous, Brendan took us to within an ace of the title last year and has got us in the CL for the first time in 5 years.

Brendan blew the title last season and the only reason we were in that position was the form of Suarez. That much is surely obvious... ???

Rodgers has had enough time to improve the side and has had enough money to improve the squad, we have no world class/top class players for the first time in my life time and the mistakes and poor players haven't been shipped out and moved on.

A lot of money has been spunked up the wall and the signings we've made this year are frankly embarrassing. The players out there who would improve us he doesn't go for.

The man's been found out. He's an average manager with an average team. He was lucky last year because Suarez is simply a genius. He rubs off on everyone else with his work rate and determination and quality. Anyone underestimating how important he was is deluded. You only have to look at us now with Balotelli in the team instead, who in his own right is a very good footballer. Suarez was immense, Rodgers got lucky having him. Simple as that.

5 games to turn it round or he can go for all I care.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:19 pm

Rodgers is an excellent manager and he will eventually get it right tactically ,he's an astute tactician ,but even the best like Benitez have days they would sooner forget.
Brendan Rodgers had us playing some of the most inventive football I have seen for many a year last season ,and it simply cant be put down to the impact of Suarez.

West Ham just simply had us on the back foot right from the off ,and their energy levels dwarfed our own ,at times it looked like had 15 players on the pitch such
was the intensity of their play ..... It was a mare of a performance from the team ,and you couldn't have a better game to consign this farce to the memory than
the Bitterz next week.

YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:25 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:19 pm wrote:Rodgers is an excellent manager and he will eventually get it right tactically ,he's an astute tactician ,but even the best like Benitez have days they would sooner forget.
Brendan Rodgers had us playing some of the most inventive football I have seen for many a year last season ,and it simply cant be put down to the impact of Suarez.

West Ham just simply had us on the back foot right from the off ,and their energy levels dwarfed our own ,at times it looked like had 15 players on the pitch such
was the intensity of their play ..... It was a mare of a performance from the team ,and you couldn't have a better game to consign this farce to the memory than
the Bitterz next week.

YNWA

I strongly disagree and after I've been the mexican tav for a steak I will tell you why. :D Au revoir!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:03 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:20 pm wrote:Some of the talk in this thread is ridiculous, Brendan took us to within an ace of the title last year and has got us in the CL for the first time in 5 years.

Brendan blew the title last season and the only reason we were in that position was the form of Suarez. That much is surely obvious... ???

Rodgers has had enough time to improve the side and has had enough money to improve the squad, we have no world class/top class players for the first time in my life time and the mistakes and poor players haven't been shipped out and moved on.

A lot of money has been spunked up the wall and the signings we've made this year are frankly embarrassing. The players out there who would improve us he doesn't go for.

The man's been found out. He's an average manager with an average team. He was lucky last year because Suarez is simply a genius. He rubs off on everyone else with his work rate and determination and quality. Anyone underestimating how important he was is deluded. You only have to look at us now with Balotelli in the team instead, who in his own right is a very good footballer. Suarez was immense, Rodgers got lucky having him. Simple as that.

5 games to turn it round or he can go for all I care.

So you've decided that our signings this year are quote 'embarrassing' on the evidence of 6 games? I'll give them a bit longer than that if you don't mind.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion