Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:02 am

In B-Rod we trust!
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby killerp » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:11 pm

Bill Shankly Rules » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:38 pm wrote:On the basis of his signings, still feel mr rodgers is not the best man for the job

So restoring the club hopes, bringing back champions league, managing to keep the world's best player for an extra year, developing and nuturing Sterling, Hendo, Coutinho, Flanno among others, giving Sturridge a real purpose and home, rebuilding the youth setup, further enhancing the clubs fortunes and brand world wide with his attacking football philosophy which captivated and stunned the world last season..... counts for nothing?     :Oo:
killerp

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:18 pm

killerp » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:11 pm wrote:
Bill Shankly Rules » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:38 pm wrote:On the basis of his signings, still feel mr rodgers is not the best man for the job

So restoring the club hopes, bringing back champions league, managing to keep the world's best player for an extra year, developing and nuturing Sterling, Hendo, Coutinho, Flanno among others, giving Sturridge a real purpose and home, rebuilding the youth setup, further enhancing the clubs fortunes and brand world wide with his attacking football philosophy which captivated and stunned the world last season..... counts for nothing?     :Oo:

Very well said mate  :bowdown
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:29 pm

[quote="Bill Shankly Rules » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:06 am"]we need to be very careful before giving our managers a big money contract extension.

[quote]

We need to be even more careful before giving numbheads like you an account on this forum...
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:56 pm

Dont think the transfers are 100% BR fault however, I just think players like Fabregas, alexis sanchez, costa, Falcao etc just dont want to come to Anfield. Full stop.

We, as a club have lost our "pizazz" !

Remember, Suarez threatened to b*gger off before the start of last season, so we were lucky to keep him for another year.

Lets see how we do...
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:04 pm

Bill Shankly Rules » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:56 pm wrote:Dont think the transfers are 100% BR fault however, I just think players like Fabregas, alexis sanchez, costa, Falcao etc just dont want to come to Anfield. Full stop.

We, as a club have lost our "pizazz" !

Remember, Suarez threatened to b*gger off before the start of last season, so we were lucky to keep him for another year.

Lets see how we do...

Don't say "we", it's an embarrassment to the club.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:26 pm

"we" as in me + you mate, best buddies till the end!

;)
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:05 pm

Coutinho is just garbage full stop. He's not Ronaldhino or Kaka, or a game changing player like Arjen Robben. He may fool you lot, but he don't fool me. Tosh. he dissapears in big  games and his final ball has a lot to be desired.His finishing is total sh*te and he can't hit a barn door, just like Dirk Kuyt. he prob can't even score in a Brothel!!!!!!

I say sell. With Hendo, Lucas, Joe Allen.

Then let's buy some real talent please BR?? Although I doubt you have the contacts across the footballing world to do that.

Sack the manager I say. you lot think BR is the new Bill shankly are total deluded muppets.

Look at what he does since he's been here... he signs Joe allen, and idiot, Borini- a hasbeen, plays lucas, then signs half of southamptons team!

YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How well you think we are gonna do in the Champions league with that lot!??

We are going in the wrong direction.

Ban me if you want, I don't care. BR hasn't got a f*cking clue. I can get 10,000 email addresses and keep rejoining this site in as many different names as I wish.

Bill Shankly...."1st is first, second is nowhere"................Does that statue outside the kop mean nothing to anyone. Shanks is turning in his grave!

some of you in here, are dumb as F*ck and need shooting.

I say give the job back to KK

Ha. ;)
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:29 pm

Lol....discuss forum members...................................

I'd love you to explain that comment mate.

:no
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:51 am

I think we need a new manager, and a new board with money to invest.

BR ain't got the contacts to bring us the worlds best players.Full stop.

The board ain't got the cash to invest properly in the team or get us a new 70,000 stadium which we should have by now.

For a club that's won the European cup five times, we should have a stadium like the San Siro by now.

The clubs a mess from front to back. major overhall required.
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:09 pm

Bill Shankly Rules » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:29 pm wrote:

Exactly what it says!
Only King Kenny has a better win rate in his first 100 games!!
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:26 pm

Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:09 pm wrote:
Bill Shankly Rules » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:29 pm wrote:

Exactly what it says!
Only King Kenny has a better win rate in his first 100 games!!
:buttrock

And he took over a team that was the best in England maybe the world. Makes what Rodgers has done all the more impressive because he took over a team that was poor.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:45 pm

When I dared to compare him to Shankly I was absolutely slated.
Now the comparison is there for everyone to see
Oh yes!
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:37 pm

BR did amazingly well last season but I am intrigued as to how he deals with this season. Losing a world class player, incorporating a a large number of new players, playing in the CL and dealing with more games, dealing with the heightened expectancy. I still see him as relatively inexperienced at the highest level, so he is on a learning curve himself. I do think he has some weaknesses/blind spots, mainly getting us organised/well drilled defensively and also maybe not having a plan B. Just hoping he can work on them and turn them around
Doeboy

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:58 am

Time is up, but the club messed up giving him a stupidly long contract based on the form of Luis Suarez.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion