Liverpool V West Ham - Sat Sep 20th - 5.30pm Kick Off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:40 pm

The worst first half performance I've seen from a Liverpool team in many a year ,absolutely abject, Song dictated proceedings from the off ,and I'm sorry if this upsets posters but Gerrard is finished as an effective midfielder ....It also mystifies me how anyone can labour under the delusion that Sakho is a defender ,under no pressure
he heads a ball so array our players would need Google maps to f*cking find ,as for our keeper I'm afraid I would rather play Jones than arguably the most ridiculously
error strewn keeper we have ever had at the club....Lucas was awful ,and he just looks spent as a force in midfield .....Truly abysmal performance ,and I hope this
pathetic display is the team dropping  to their  nadir this season ,because it doesn't get much lower for a Liverpool supporter than watching this dire collative.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:35 pm wrote:Its not a defensive coach that we need but a change of direction, the team should not be getting built around a 34 year old who's legs have gone, no matter how great he was in the past.

I do agree that Gerrard's legs have gone and is a big problem and we need some energy and power in there, but at the same time I think our defensive play as a team/unit, leaves a lot to be desired. I genuinely believe the defensive side of things is where Rodgers has a major weakness. Remember, although Rodgers had a marvellous season least year, he is still relatively
inexperienced manager at the highest level. Just feel he has bit of a blind spot when it comes to getting us defensively organised and well drilled.
Doeboy

Postby only me » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:10 pm

Didn't watch the game ,however the moment i saw the lineup it was curtains down for me. Not in a million year a MF made of Lucas,Hendo and Gerrard can offer any challenge to an opposing team ,add Borini the prodigal son and their you have it. This lineup just makes a mockery of all our summer dealing on the transfer market ,we had all the money in the world and this is what we came with? Really BR? We didn't take care of the most important position in the field (Defensive MF) and we brought players which aren't getting any credit (Lallana and Marco 40-45m not playing...So why the Fck did you sign them?) ,Gerrard gets immunity and Mario is a lazy basket-case and a panic buy....BR tactics and lineups are pathetic so far which is a shame as he has an opportunity to enter the big league this year.

With that said ,not all is lost but someone should wake up and fast.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:12 pm

that was just another serving of dogsh!te thrown up by the players.
every single one of them was rubbish and im absolutely shocked with all the money spent lucas and borini find their way into a starting 11. sakho is a terrible player and a waste of every single penny. lovren is so over rated and so overpriced.
absolute shambolic attempt
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:57 pm wrote:Look, I like BR, but for some reason, I feel he's become a little smug because of what we achieved last season. Don't know if any of you get that impression?

I like Brendan too but I think he's starting to believe in his own hype...thinking his passing and attacking philosophy will over run every other teams and mask any other shortcoming in the team and being too stubborn for his own good really (eg the situation with Reina, sticking with limited players such as Borini, Lucas and to some extend Allen too) and refused to recognise that Stevie has long passed his prime and can only be used sparingly.

Our style are far too predictable and rival teams are going to set up stall by disrupting our passing moves, over run or midfielder, take advantage of our shit keeper & defence and then just park the bus when they are ahead...it's just too fucking easy even from a limited team like Villa and West fucking Ham...aweful to watch

Well...at least he have his teeth whiten so things must be good then?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:37 pm

only me » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:10 pm wrote:Didn't watch the game ,however the moment i saw the lineup it was curtains down for me. Not in a million year a MF made of Lucas,Hendo and Gerrard can offer any challenge to an opposing team ,add Borini the prodigal son and their you have it. This lineup just makes a mockery of all our summer dealing on the transfer market ,we had all the money in the world and this is what we came with? Really BR? We didn't take care of the most important position in the field (Defensive MF) and we brought players which aren't getting any credit (Lallana and Marco 40-45m not playing...So why the Fck did you sign them?) ,Gerrard gets immunity and Mario is a lazy basket-case and a panic buy....BR tactics and lineups are pathetic so far which is a shame as he has an opportunity to enter the big league this year.

Mario was arguably our best player and he put in a decent shift, no way could anyone describe his performance today as lazy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:44 pm

absolute *****...100 million quid later and this ...WE WANT MOYES !
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:37 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:10 pm wrote:Didn't watch the game ,however the moment i saw the lineup it was curtains down for me. Not in a million year a MF made of Lucas,Hendo and Gerrard can offer any challenge to an opposing team ,add Borini the prodigal son and their you have it. This lineup just makes a mockery of all our summer dealing on the transfer market ,we had all the money in the world and this is what we came with? Really BR? We didn't take care of the most important position in the field (Defensive MF) and we brought players which aren't getting any credit (Lallana and Marco 40-45m not playing...So why the Fck did you sign them?) ,Gerrard gets immunity and Mario is a lazy basket-case and a panic buy....BR tactics and lineups are pathetic so far which is a shame as he has an opportunity to enter the big league this year.

Mario was arguably our best player and he put in a decent shift, no way could anyone describe his performance today as lazy.

Not talking on today's performance but Mario is never the top striker we needed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:46 pm

pathetic.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:48 pm

First time I have see Rodgers look genuinely concerned and well he might be.

Massive hangover from last years collapse and in addition losing our talisman Suarez has hit us hard.

Recruits have taken us backwards at this point and whilst it could be argued they need time its been alarming how
poorly they have performed individually and as a unit.

Rodgers and his team need to sort things out and fast with a derby clash approaching and 3 defeats in 5 opening games
is simply not acceptable for Liverpool under any circumstances.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:57 pm

parchpea » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:48 pm wrote:First time I have see Rodgers look genuinely concerned and well he might be.

Massive hangover from last years collapse and in addition losing our talisman Suarez has hit us hard.

Recruits have taken us backwards at this point and whilst it could be argued they need time its been alarming how
poorly they have performed individually and as a unit.

Rodgers and his team need to sort things out and fast with a derby clash approaching and 3 defeats in 5 opening games
is simply not acceptable for Liverpool under any circumstances.

Given some of our recent performances who'd honestly be shocked if it ends up 4 losses from 6 next week? Everton are a better side than Villa and West Ham.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:34 pm

Sturridge is such a big player for us now and in addition the midfield must be reshaped completely with Can and Allen
at the centre of that when they return, Gerrard should be out with Hendo the last of the 3 in there but a big call for
Rodgers.

Sakho should be avoided at all costs and boys like Llori, Coates and Wisdom must wonder why he in the mix and they are
at other clubs, the lad actually has to look down at his feet before making a pass, incredible at this level.

That Emre Can can also play centre back and does so for Germany and the way Lovren and Sakho are going he may even
be slotted in there at some point.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:20 am

I thought last week's performance was terrible........

The 1st half was one of the worst I have seen in many years. It reminded me of the Owl days were we just looked like we were going to lose as soon as we conceded the first goal.  :no

And to play like that against a side devoid of any quality that relies on physicality and long balls is just simply unacceptable.

I was on the fence with Mignolet but f**k me silly he is dire, especially that 2nd goal, what the f**k was he doing?!?

Balotelli tried but our midfield was just all over the place. Sterling was by far our best player. It beggars belief how he was dropped last week.

Gerrard should have retired last season, he is just finished as a top level footballer. It really is sad, like seeing a champion boxer getting the s**t beat out of him in his twilight years.  :no

Lucas, how the f**k is he still at this club. His career was over 2 years ago!!!!! We were all crying out for defensive cover and we should have brought Can and ANOTHER DM player in, while getting rid of Lucas!

Up front we will be a much better side when Sturridge returns and is fit and firing. But for now its going to be a long, long few weeks before we start to climb up the ladder.

I called it earlier this season, we are going to struggle to finish in the top 4. Rodgers signings over the summer could make or break his career at Liverpool.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby algymoon » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:22 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:40 pm wrote:The worst first half performance I've seen from a Liverpool team in many a year ,absolutely abject, Song dictated proceedings from the off ,and I'm sorry if this upsets posters but Gerrard is finished as an effective midfielder ....It also mystifies me how anyone can labour under the delusion that Sakho is a defender ,under no pressure
he heads a ball so array our players would need Google maps to f*cking find ,as for our keeper I'm afraid I would rather play Jones than arguably the most ridiculously
error strewn keeper we have ever had at the club....Lucas was awful ,and he just looks spent as a force in midfield .....Truly abysmal performance ,and I hope this
pathetic display is the team dropping  to their  nadir this season ,because it doesn't get much lower for a Liverpool supporter than watching this dire collative.

Back to dark ages!!
algymoon

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:03 am

I had a full heart check up last week just to make sure I can get through this season, I'm glad I did.

It's going to be a shocker and even worse, we're going to hand it straight back to Ure.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games