FABIO BORINI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:14 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:47 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:55 am wrote:I don't mind Borini. I think he has something to add. My confusion is to why he's getting game time when he's "not needed", and why we would sign players that can't play for us meaning we have to field Borini instead. I honestly think we started the season unprepared and it's showed already in our results and performances.

Well, if you believe what Brendan says in his interviews, he always talks about how he doesn't force anyone out of the club and that he simply tells them that game-time might be limited for them, that they might find themselves being 3rd or 4th choice and that they may never get a game at all, but if they train hard and show improvement, they could turn things around for themselves. He (apparently) said the same to Agger, who didn't agree, but Borini did and now here's his chance. Finding use for Borini now won't show disorganization on Brendan's part, it just shows that he's not going to be stubborn and not play him just because he wanted to sell him earlier. If Brendan thinks Borini can help the team, he will play him, just like he (apparently) does with all his players.

Well said. Would like to see little bee linkup with big bee see how they play together.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:18 pm

I understand Borini can prove his worth, and I hope he does, but it's not because of his attitude or impressive training that he's played games in the PL and CL. We're a striker short. Borini happens to be a hard worker and ready to play, so we use him. He was still deemed unneeded though.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:37 pm

RedAnt » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:18 pm wrote:I understand Borini can prove his worth, and I hope he does, but it's not because of his attitude or impressive training that he's played games in the PL and CL. We're a striker short. Borini happens to be a hard worker and ready to play, so we use him. He was still deemed unneeded though.

Just look at him as a versatile sub mate hes a hard worker with good movement off the ball.  Were gona need him in champions league away from home especially even just to rest better players.  Plus like balotelli i think he suits 4-4-2 better
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:57 pm

He starts today against the hammers
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:15 pm

cardiff-red » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:57 pm wrote:He starts today against the hammers

I bet you he scores  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:23 pm

kazza » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:15 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:57 pm wrote:He starts today against the hammers

I bet you he scores  :laugh:

HAT-TRICK   Then everyone will say i never wanted him to leave  :laugh:
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:47 pm

My point is really more about BR and squad depth but highlighted by Borini. This is a lad who was thought surplus to requirements. We spent time in the transfer market signing the Belgian lad for next season and yet with Sturridges injury, we're already looking to Borini. He's a decent player and I wish him well. I also understand the sense in planning ahead with future transfers, but had Borini left, who would we use in his place? It's irrelevant of course, but maybe we could have looked to our homegrown players for that slot.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 pm

he's not the player we need because he just isnt good enough. himself and rodgers are the only ones who thinks he is.
im not saying he's the worst player ive ever seen but we need and should have replaced him by now. he won't score or create near enough, he gets forced off the ball to easy and can't get it back. he's just another lad who wants to run and we have far to many of them already.
he cant deliver and should have been gone when that bid was accepted.
for all we know him digging his heels in could have caused the remy deal to collapse
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:12 pm

To be fair he only got a game today because Brendan wanted to play the diamond with 2 up top. As we were away from home his work rate and mobility probably got him the nod over Ricky.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Just so feeble. At best squad player who can maybe come up with a few goals in a season but not good enough for where we are and want to go. Scored 7 goals in 32 for Sunderland last year, nothing to exactly shout home about. Doesn't particularly look suited to the english game
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:06 pm

Doeboy » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:13 pm wrote:Just so feeble. At best squad player who can maybe come up with a few goals in a season but not good enough for where we are and want to go. Scored 7 goals in 32 for Sunderland last year, nothing to exactly shout home about. Doesn't particularly look suited to the english game

Once one of the Italian giants come in for him he'll be gone IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ballotelliman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:10 am

hes being made a scapegoat i feel.  Look im sick of the whining  it feels like a totally new squad to last season plus our 2 best players last season  one has left other injured. Were like england national team at moment headless chickens running about not getting anywere. Its gona take time. Whys borini getting all the flack when hes sure trying harder than most out there.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:52 am

ballotelliman » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:10 am wrote:hes being made a scapegoat i feel.  Look im sick of the whining  it feels like a totally new squad to last season plus our 2 best players last season  one has left other injured. Were like england national team at moment headless chickens running about not getting anywere. Its gona take time. Whys borini getting all the flack when hes sure trying harder than most out there.

Yeah good post, Borini is no Suarez we all know that but even Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling looked isolated last season whenever Lucas and Gerrard were paired up behind them. Remember the debacle at Hull? The Southampton game at Anfield? The away game at Arsenal when our midfield was over run? What about the home game against Chelsea? Forget the Gerrard slip, how did we play in general with Lucas and Gerrard in the engine room?
Practically every Liverpool fan on the face of this planet knows that pairing Gerrard and Lucas together is just asking for trouble, it's pointless blaming the forwards when even Suarez looked poor when they were behind him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:33 am

red till i die!! » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 pm wrote:he's not the player we need because he just isnt good enough. himself and rodgers are the only ones who thinks he is.
im not saying he's the worst player ive ever seen but we need and should have replaced him by now. he won't score or create near enough, he gets forced off the ball to easy and can't get it back. he's just another lad who wants to run and we have far to many of them already.
for all we know him digging his heels in could have caused the remy deal to collapse

Mate, he has a premier league standard work rate and stamina, he has championship technical ability and league 1 intelligence. The lad is an awful player, I don't believe he'd improve any side in the championship and actually make them a better side, so the fact he's starting games for us says a lot about Rodgers transfer policy.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:37 am

red till i die!! » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 pm wrote:he's not the player we need because he just isnt good enough. himself and rodgers are the only ones who thinks he is.

Also, that is what I've been told. The Remy deal was not a failed medical, it was due to us having to many players on the books and wages needed balancing. Borini's failed sale was very much to blame for us not getting Remy, who would have been a very good signing for us and what we need... he would have also been a bargain at £8,500,000. Oh well, why would we want him? He's a good player.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion