Liverpool V West Ham - Sat Sep 20th - 5.30pm Kick Off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Taking all injury problems into account, i can see BR going with something like this....

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Fianlly someone did it.

If Skrtels back I would go with that side or maybe Markovic instead of Coutinho

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:35 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:21 pm wrote:Fianlly someone did it.

Haha, last time i did it we smashed Spurs :D
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:00 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:35 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:21 pm wrote:Fianlly someone did it.

Haha, last time i did it we smashed Spurs :D

Lets hope we smash these as well then !

I'd go back to the diamond with Borini and Balotelli up top.
Sterling at the tip of teh diamond and Henderson and Lallana in front of Gerrard.
Bring Coutinho on for Lallana when he inevitably tires due to lack of match fitness.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby ballotelliman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Well whoever the centre backs are they better get touch tight with west hams new striker did usee his strike against hull. looked like the ball came out of a rocket launcher.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Defending for that goal was poor by Dawson

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:23 pm

No away game in the prem is easy but we could really do with winning this one, we certainly don't want another loss that's for sure, 3 losses in our opening 5 league games would be pretty f##king worrying.
We only lost 6 all last season so to lose 3 before we even get out of September would be very concerning.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:59 pm

We will need to be close to the Spurs away performance to win this game.

Anything else we have produced so far will see us fall short regrettably, we have only met the required standard once
this season.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:06 am

Really wish we had Remy or at least Origi, things would have been a lot simpler. With things as they are, Borini might actually be our best option, since we absolutely must get back to the diamond. I want to play Lambert but there just won't be enough movement with a pairing of him and Balo.

We must win this one no matter what. There will be a huge outrage if we don't considering our few previous results and performances.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:30 am

you just dont know what you will get from us, it could be a shambles or an exhibition  :nod
fat sam will look to make it hard for us and might adopt similar tactics so it will be interesting to see how we handle that this time around. there biggest threat will be from set pieces so the back line need to get their sh!t sorted and we could run out with a comfortable 3 points.

mingolet

manquillo              skrtel                     lovren                moreno

gerrard

henderson                 lallana               markovic

sterling        ballotelli

we have enough options from the bench to make alterations should they be needed.
ill go for a 3-1 win, ballotelli, 14th min, sterling, 36th min and markovic 73rd min  :;):  we concede right at the death in the 92nd min, just in case any of you want to put a few quid on that as well  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:30 am

Brendan has said that it was always going to be difficult bringing in so many players all at once and there is no magic wand to sort things out. He reckons though that as the season progresses we will get better.
He points to our results from this time last year, although we won a lot of games we were scraping past teams 1-0 and the free flowing football didn't really materialise until around Christmas time.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:24 am

cardiff-red » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:11 pm wrote:Taking all injury problems into account, i can see BR going with something like this....

Coutinho is ***** right now, Markovic in for him. Have to remind the Brazilian he is not undropable, up your game.

Is Skrtel fit for this one? I'm actually looking foward to him coming back, never thought I'd say that.
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:14 pm

With City and Chelsea playing each other tomorrow this game today takes on even more significance IMO.
We are currently on 6 points, a win today would take us up to 9 points.
Here's a few different scenario's with tomorrow in mind if we win -

Chelsea win tomorrow - Chelsea 15 Liverpool 9 City 7
City win tomorrow - Chelsea 12 City 10 Liverpool 9
Draw tomorrow - Chelsea 13 Liverpool 9 City 8

On the other hand if we lose and say Chelsea win they'd open up a near 10 point gap on us which even at this early stage of the season would take a bit of closing, especially given the way we (and they) are playing.
So basically a win today and we are in the mix, a loss and we are playing catch up.
This is one of those games that is actually worth more than the 3 points on offer, depending on results we could be as close as 3 points to the leaders or as far away as 9, we really have to win today.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:30 am wrote:Brendan has said that it was always going to be difficult bringing in so many players all at once and there is no magic wand to sort things out. He reckons though that as the season progresses we will get better.
He points to our results from this time last year, although we won a lot of games we were scraping past teams 1-0 and the free flowing football didn't really materialise until around Christmas time.

Rodgers comments echo that of Benitez ,he always knew exactly when the best football from his team would evolve.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:14 pm wrote:With City and Chelsea playing each other tomorrow this game today takes on even more significance IMO.
We are currently on 6 points, a win today would take us up to 9 points.
Here's a few different scenario's with tomorrow in mind if we win -

Chelsea win tomorrow - Chelsea 15 Liverpool 9 City 7
City win tomorrow - Chelsea 12 City 10 Liverpool 9
Draw tomorrow - Chelsea 13 Liverpool 9 City 8

On the other hand if we lose and say Chelsea win they'd open up a near 10 point gap on us which even at this early stage of the season would take a bit of closing, especially given the way we (and they) are playing.
So basically a win today and we are in the mix, a loss and we are playing catch up.
This is one of those games that is actually worth more than the 3 points on offer, depending on results we could be as close as 3 points to the leaders or as far away as 9, we really have to win today.

Forget the points, it would be bad enough losing two games on the bounce against two average sides, and having the 3rd loss with only 5 games in. Heck, we probably have to win a few games in a row now after last weeks defeat if the club wants to avoid some serious questions being asked. Draws won't suffice either, it's must win.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games