ALBERTO MORENO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:51 am

only me » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:44 am wrote:
Our first legitimate FB in years. No idea what game you saw or if you even looked at the right player. He will learn to avoid the mental mistakes but his skill set is top.

So a player who can't cross, gets caught up the pitch as the furthest player forward in the last minute when you're winning 1-0, always trys to nick infront of players and gets rolled and is positionally poor, not to mention average ball use has a "top skill set"?

The lad is an average player at best, Enrique has practically every attribute over him like I said earler. The only think Moreno has shown so far that is outstanding is his stamina and enthusiasm. Everything else, has been dog average.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:06 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:51 am wrote:
Our first legitimate FB in years. No idea what game you saw or if you even looked at the right player. He will learn to avoid the mental mistakes but his skill set is top.

So a player who can't cross, gets caught up the pitch as the furthest player forward in the last minute when you're winning 1-0, always trys to nick infront of players and gets rolled and is positionally poor, not to mention average ball use has a "top skill set"?

The lad is an average player at best, Enrique has practically every attribute over him like I said earler. The only think Moreno has shown so far that is outstanding is his stamina and enthusiasm. Everything else, has been dog average.

:laugh:

You come out with some good ones stu! I agree on Riise as he was average but this kids is a lot better. Your memory of Enrique must have faded as he has not played in a while. Enrique was strong on the ball yes, but is slower, his crosses were not that good either and was prone to defensive mistakes himself ( maybe you blame that on Skrtel  :)  ) and Never scores. This kid will be a lot better than Enrique in his prime and to me his quality, energy and commitment are obvious.  I think it was a great buy for 12 million and an upgrade on what we had. I like Enrique in the team but this kid starts for me. I think he will become a Kop idol and will stick around.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:51 am wrote:

The goal he scored against Spurs showed (other then Stamina and enthusiasm) he has top speed ,great technical abilities and focus. He is much quicker then Enrique ,he can pass the ball very good and he is aggressive. What you mentioned is indeed mental mistakes which can be corrected quite easily either through time or experience.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:03 pm

only me » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm wrote:
The goal he scored against Spurs showed (other then Stamina and enthusiasm) he has top speed ,great technical abilities and focus. He is much quicker then Enrique ,he can pass the ball very good and he is aggressive. What you mentioned is indeed mental mistakes which can be corrected quite easily either through time or experience.

The goal he scored against Spurs?

The defending wasn't even amaturish. He ran quickly, in a straight line after doing well to win the ball and then finished well. However, the defending was a disgrace, every spurs player ran away from the ball, not one went towards him or the ball. Fact is, yes, he done well with the goal, he done what he could, but against a good team, he gets sniffed out.

As for his passing, don't make me laugh. It doesn't do anything, it doesn't pull anyone out of position, it doesn't hurt the opposition in any way. He's an average player, with speed and enthusiasm, thats all.

He has acceration and probably a bit of aggression and stamina over Jose, Jose has just about every other attribute in the game. Someone also mentioned, Enrique isn't a great crosser, true, but neither is Moreno.

As I said, £12,000,000 on a player who doesn't improve what we already have. Familiar story.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Well his performance in the Champs League has got him into the UEFA team of the week, very well deserved, congrats Alberto  :bowdown

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:53 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:40 pm wrote:Well his performance in the Champs League has got him into the UEFA team of the week, very well deserved, congrats Alberto  :bowdown

We've cracked it then, must be onto a winner!  :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Stu the Red » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:53 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:40 pm wrote:Well his performance in the Champs League has got him into the UEFA team of the week, very well deserved, congrats Alberto  :bowdown

We've cracked it then, must be onto a winner!  :D

I think you are wrong on Moreno Stu, I think he offers more than Enrique to the team and you'll say you got it wrong on him. I like Enrique but Moreno is more exciting and fires up the crowd.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:53 am

How many games have this lad played for us ?

Yet already being labeled as average . He is 22 . Have the attributes to be a very good player .
Enrique is a good player but is he reliable ? Always seems to get injured , been a while since i've seen him having a good game .

Seriously only 4 games .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:32 pm

chriserfolg » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:53 am wrote:How many games have this lad played for us ?

Yet already being labeled as average . He is 22 . Have the attributes to be a very good player .
Enrique is a good player but is he reliable ? Always seems to get injured , been a while since i've seen him having a good game .

Seriously only 4 games .

It's not like he's been Sh*t in those 4 games either. He's had man of the match performance in at least 2 games. Newkit has voted him to be the man of the match 3 times. I'd understand if someone told us not to get carried away after only 4 games but to label him as average after those 4 games is plain ridiculous.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:58 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:32 pm wrote:
chriserfolg » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:53 am wrote:How many games have this lad played for us ?

Seriously only 4 games .

It's not like he's been Sh*t in those 4 games either. He's had man of the match performance in at least 2 games. Newkit has voted him to be the man of the match 3 times. I'd understand if someone told us not to get carried away after only 4 games but to label him as average after those 4 games is plain ridiculous.

In your opinion its ridiculous.

Its so ridiculous that just about every player who plays for us, your answer is to "give them time" and they'll be good in a few years etc etc and just about any other cliche you can grasp at. Enrique's first 3 months were that impressive that people on here were comparing the lad to Maldini and saying he's the best left back the club have had in years and he'll be the answer for god knows how long, now people all of a sudden can't wait to see the back of him.

Moreno hasn't got half the quality Enrique has. He's always in a rush, he doesn't have that genuine footballers quality about him. Yes he runs fast and runs lots... yes he wants to go forward all the time, but his actual footballing ability is very average. To get caught up the pitch on 90 minutes when you're defending a 1-0 lead is absolutely amaturish stuff. On a saturday league pitch you wouldn't do that, so why is a lad on £60,000 a week doing it?  ??? That to me makes no sense what so ever.

Anyway, forgetting the fact he's contributed heavily to three goals conceded already and he's only played about 5 games he's done "dead good" yeah! ???  :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:08 pm

I like him going forward, looks very at ease further up the pitch. Defensively vulnerable though and seems to rely on his pace to get him out of problem situations. Also seems completely unable to use his right foot. I like fullbacks to be defenders first and then attackers, so he definitely has work to do defensively. Quite clear he was a winger converted to a fullback though so maybe he just has that natural instinct to go forward and not worry too much defensively
Doeboy

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:07 pm

The lad is completely average.

Since Rodgers has come in he's swapped Reina for Mig no let... Agger for Lovren or Sahko... and Enrique for Moreno.

Now, he's replaced Suarez with Balotelli, people wonder why we're going backwards! :( ???
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:10 pm

Stu the Red » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:07 pm wrote:The lad is completely average.

Since Rodgers has come in he's swapped Reina for Mig no let... Agger for Lovren or Sahko... and Enrique for Moreno.

Now, he's replaced Suarez with Balotelli, people wonder why we're going backwards! :( ???

Well said, can't disagree with you at all
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:16 pm

The most common theme amoung the players released are the difference in wages. Everyone brought in costs less in wages than the players released.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:15 am

I think the lad has had to change his natural  game ,thus curbing his attacking instinct ,Rodgers needs to find a balance between the two and not risk curtailing
his greatest attribute his pace.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion