Who's irreplaceable? Our squad strength

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:11 am

LFC1990 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:01 pm wrote:I would say noone at the club is irreplaceable.

But if it was who on the club would be hardest to replace with another in our side you would pobably have to say Hendo or Sterling although we are still to see what markovic can offer

Henderson hardest to replace? :laugh:

A run of the mill midfielder who gives 100%, loads of them about lad.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:30 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:11 am wrote:
LFC1990 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:01 pm wrote:I would say noone at the club is irreplaceable.

But if it was who on the club would be hardest to replace with another in our side you would pobably have to say Hendo or Sterling although we are still to see what markovic can offer

Name them stu? Is it a coincidence that Hendo got suspended and we ***** up the league ?

or are you just going on an attention seeking spree

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:49 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:30 pm wrote:

Name them stu? Is it a coincidence that Hendo got suspended and we ***** up the league ?

Don't feed the troll mate.

The best thing everyone can do is set this charlatan to ignore and spam goes away.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:11 am wrote:

Must have been a coincidence that we happened to lose the league while he was suspended.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:06 pm

Sterling for me is our next big thing and should be kept hold of at all costs. In fact, should he have a good season, I have a feeling Real and co will come sniffing around for him next summer.

Keep Sterling and develop him into the world class talent he has the potential to be and the rest will slot into place  :;):
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:52 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:30 pm wrote:

Look at any side in the top half of the league you dope.

The league is full of midfielders that are miles better than Henderson. Henderson is a decent player, he was a good cog in last seasons machine, however, to suggest he's some sort of top class midfielder is deluded.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:09 pm

excluding Yaya toure please tell me another if there are sooo many just name me one

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:32 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:09 pm wrote:excluding Yaya toure please tell me another if there are sooo many just name me one

What planet are you on? ???

Henderson the second best midfielder in the league? :laugh: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Think I've heard it all now, he's not even in the top three in f*cking merseyside you dopey tw*t... :laugh:

Thanks for the laugh though.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:55 am

Still no names? ???

:laugh: is not an answer
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:04 am

Santa » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:55 am wrote:Still no names? ???

:laugh: is not an answer

Seriously? Another one who thinks Henderson is the second best midfielder in the league? ??? Liverpool fans are meant to be knowledgable, yet all this board seems to show is that "we" have an ignorance to the possibility of other teams actually having good players.

On this board I've now heard the likes of Mignolet, Skrtel, Johnson and Henderson being referred to as the best in europe or the amoung the best in the league. Laughable to be quite honest. JUST BECAUSE THEY PLAY FOR LIVERPOOL DOESN'T MAKE THEM THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE!

As for players who are far and away ahead of Henderson who play in the centre of midfield... going team by team...

Chelsea: Matic, Fabregas and Oscar
Southampton: Schneiderlin and Wanyama
Man City: Nasri and Toure
Spurs: Dembele and Erikson (although I will give you it if you don't really class him as a central midfielder)
Arsenal: Wilshire, Ramsey and Cazorla
Everton: Barry and Barkley
Soke: Nzonzi
Sunderland: Cattermole
Newcastle: Tiote
West Ham: Song

Quite frankly, I think if anyone is to argue with any of these shows a complete ignorance to the quality the rest of the league prosseses and shows they've never watched anyone other than Liverpool FC and when they do watch Liverpool they ignore the lack of control our midfield has in games.

Players who are debatabley as good as Henderson, IE, there isn't much in it. Whoever is on their day will generally come out on top, decent players without being world beaters, some of these players are very different in style but offer different things...

Chelsea: Ramires
Villa: Delph and Westwood
Swansea: Shelvey
Liverpool: Gerrard
City: Fernando, Milner and Lampard
Arsenal: Diaby (if he can stay fit), Arteta, and Flamini
Man U: Herrera
Hull: Huddlestone and Diame
Everton: McCarthy
Newcastle: Colback
West Brom: Mulumbu

Now, I understand, that this doesn't quite fit in with your idealistic view of all things Liverpool, but thats the reality. Henderson is a decent player, of that there can be no doubt... He is without a doubt a premier league standard footballer, he runs his balls off for the team, he runs for 90 minutes, he hardly ever gets suspended or injured, he's a decent passer, he's got decent vision and he tries to make interceptions and tackles. He tries to be an alround midfielder and does a decent job at it, but he's absoloutely nowhere near being a top midfielder.

He's not outstanding in any area of the game (with the exception of fitness) and he doesn't control games. Henderson is a lot better than I first believed him to be due to the fact that I now believe if you have a team good enough and play the right system, he can do a job in an excellent side. Where as in the past, I was not of that opinion, however, that also goes for ALOT of other players in the premier league, hence the reason they play in the league in the first place. Every player named directly above, brings something to the table and brings a decent amount of it. With the right balance and the right quality around them, any player named above can give you AT LEAST AS MUCH as Henderson in terms of contribution to a team.

It Maybe Lampard by scoring goals from midfield, it maybe Cattermole by tackling, pressing and using the ball wisely, it maybe Huddlestone with an absolutely ridiculous range of passing that wouldn't look out of place in a Champions league final, but the fact is, every player, as I've said has something to offer.

I just find it laughable that people are suggesting a player like Jordan is amoung the best around, when quite frankly, there are loads of players (as previously said) who are better or as good... Jordan is a Liverpool player, and one who gives his all every game, for that reason I'll always applaud him when he does well and want him to be the best he can... but showing blind faith by saying he's better than the likes of Fabregas... Do us all a favour! :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:31 pm

Stu not only are you un-knowledgeable you are also very very boring. I have to say i didnt read your whole novel however I did go as far as reading the players you consider better then Hendo.

Matic isnt as good as Hendo you have heard a foreign sounding name and thought youwould use it.

Fabregas and OScar may have more talent as such however Henderson role is IRREPLACEABLE.

Im going to Skip the Schneiderlin and Wanyama out as that is laughable along with Lee Cattermole

Nasri hasnt played in the middle for Citeh EVER he is deployed on the left but i thought you would know that being the Citeh fan you are or have you changed now that Chelsea are top ??

Dembele and Erikssen yep they put up much of a fight when they were steam rolled in the last 3 games we played spurs  :hearts

Gareth Barry better then Hendo but cant get in the england side and Barkley not only is injured is also a forward

This is when it gets really laughable when you try to compare Nzonzi to Henderson

Fianlly Alex song the guy who ended up at West ham because nobody else wanted him

Stu I think you need to leave the Wuming alone for a while im sure you need to get ready for the Ryder cup, You have been picked right seeing as you make out your a professional or have you gone into basketball now.  :rasp

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:57 pm

The only "wum" here *mate* is clearly you... :laugh:

Either that or you've never actually watched a real game of football at the tender age of 23/24... :laugh:
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Yeah you are right everyone else is wrong. Also I can guarantee I've been to Anfield more then you babycakes.

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:51 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:10 pm wrote:Yeah you are right everyone else is wrong.

Yep, glad you finally realised Louis.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Louis ?? That isn't my name

Just to get things back on track - Henderson is the greatest player to ever grace this planet and no doubt will win the ballon do'r for the next 10 years

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion