SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:07 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 am wrote:His role in the Bulgarians goal really drives home how ridiculous it was to get rid of Reina ,it simply beggars belief we sold a keeper who would have afforded us Champions League experience.  :glare:

As well as releasing a keeper who has more quality and actually fits the system. To be honest Red, blaming that mistake on a lack of champions league experience is an excuse. Its nothing to do with it, its just out right, a lack of quality.

The only reason Reina was sold is wages, nothing else. Stupid decision indeed but we all knew it was going to happen.

As with Agger.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:58 am

Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:07 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:02 am wrote:His role in the Bulgarians goal really drives home how ridiculous it was to get rid of Reina ,it simply beggars belief we sold a keeper who would have afforded us Champions League experience.  :glare:

As well as releasing a keeper who has more quality and actually fits the system. To be honest Red, blaming that mistake on a lack of champions league experience is an excuse. Its nothing to do with it, its just out right, a lack of quality.

The only reason Reina was sold is wages, nothing else. Stupid decision indeed but we all knew it was going to happen.

As with Agger.

In Reina last 2 seasons he conceded some ridicules goals as well....Simon is the best shot stopper in the league however he does have some serious problems in other areas of the trade.

Agger was sold because we couldn't keep a CB which breaks every other game. Not related to form and ability.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:12 pm

only me » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:58 am wrote:

As with Agger.

In Reina last 2 seasons he conceded some ridicules goals as well....Simon is the best shot stopper in the league however he does have some serious problems in other areas of the trade.

Agger was sold because we couldn't keep a CB which breaks every other game. Not related to form and ability.

I agree except the part about being the best shot stopper in the league. I'd say he is a decent shot stopper but is very weak in all other departments. A liability to me.  A better goalie makes us a much better side.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:12 pm

As with Agger.

Stu ,Reina would have been off his line before that ball even resembled 'dangerous,and that comes with experience mate  .....Nice to see you posting again fella  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:17 pm

[/quote]In Reina last 2 seasons he conceded some ridicules goals as well....Simon is the best shot stopper in the league however he does have some serious problems in other areas of the trade.

Agger was sold because we couldn't keep a CB which breaks every other game. Not related to form and ability.[/quote]
I agree except the part about being the best shot stopper in the league. I'd say he is a decent shot stopper but is very weak in all other departments. A liability to me.  A better goalie makes us a much better side.

Fair enough. could be related that he and the CB's have Zero confidence in each other or lack total communication. Who is a better shot stopper ?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:06 pm

Are we even debating who is better out of Reina and Mignolet? ???

Anyone who thinks Mignolet is better than Reina in any area of football needs to go to a mental hospital.

As for Mignolet's "shot stopping", thats a load of *****. Just because he's agile and throws himself at shots that are often straight at him doesn't mean he's a great shot stopper. I can probably name 10-15 keepers better than him in the league, some of them don't even start at their clubs.

Dog average and a major weak link in the side which proved Rodgers inability to correct his own mistakes.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:21 pm

Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:06 pm wrote:Are we even debating who is better out of Reina and Mignolet? ???

Anyone who thinks Mignolet is better than Reina in any area of football needs to go to a mental hospital.

As for Mignolet's "shot stopping", thats a load of *****. Just because he's agile and throws himself at shots that are often straight at him doesn't mean he's a great shot stopper. I can probably name 10-15 keepers better than him in the league, some of them don't even start at their clubs.

Dog average and a major weak link in the side which proved Rodgers inability to correct his own mistakes.

Saved you a$$ last season in the first 3 games..Setup the great run we had that season. His instincts in shot stopping are 2nd to none..feel free naming some better keepers at this domain.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:35 pm

only me » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:21 pm wrote:Saved you a$$ last season in the first 3 games..Setup the great run we had that season. His instincts in shot stopping are 2nd to none..feel free naming some better keepers at this domain.

He kept a clean sheet did he? Wow! hahaha.

Feel free to name a keeper he is better than in the league, because I'm struggling. I'd say he's better than Brad Jones...
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:26 pm

got to say his decision making on Tuesday was shit but then again so was their keepers  :oops:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:20 am

Every time Mino plays now he reminds me of this keeper who holds a special place in my heart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNI0UTJrrbc

One of the finest keepers the Australian Croatian community has produced...........................................................................................NOT!   :wwww
killerp

Postby Santa » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:49 am

My 2¢ worth...Simon is no doubt a good keeper but he is definitely not a 'good enough' keeper if our ambition is to challenge for the title. His distribution to get us on a count attack is pretty poor, deals with a cross like a dracula (that's my nickname for him...Simon Dracula because his feet jelly whenever he sees a cross), don't communicate well, cannot command the penalty area like any top class keeper should and worst of all, his decision making is often poor so if Brendan's game plan is for our keeper to function like a sweeper, then we are screwed. To say he is good at shot stopping is akin to saying an outfield player kicks a ball well...just not enough to compensate for his other major weaknesses.

I have always admired Asmir Begović from the beginning and wondered why Simon was chosen instead, giving him the benefit of doubt thinking I might have missed something. I can see now Asmir have a lot more quality than Simon if nothing but he is more reliable? Too late going for Asmir now as he has easily doubled his value and chased by many top teams. Time for Brendan to earn his pay cheque then...?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:35 am

I think we do need a better Goal Keeping Coach. John Achterberg is not doing to well with Mingers

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ballotelliman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:09 pm

why didnt we get frazier forster much better younger and cheaper.  Think we should raid southampton again lol in january our feeder club  tadic  pelle and forster all look good.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby eds » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:24 am

Need to get rid of this turkey over January and the remaining dross we have at the club.

Mignolet, Lucas and Borini should be shown the door.

Surprised that they ALL started in our starting XI today.   :no

If we can bring in solid goal keeper and quality DM we will address a lot of problems our current starting XI have.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:38 am

Mignolet is a good shot stopper but severely lacking in most other areas. Good shout on Fraser Forster, always been impressed whenever i've seen him although I'd be looking at Begovic
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion