Home Form

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:16 pm

I know its early days but I'm somewhat sceptical about the 1st two home games of the season. 

We look like we've not learned from last season (Chelsea) and struggle against teams who lump men behind the ball.

I'm pleased with the Spurs and City (in parts) performances but at home we've been abysmal.

Villa are sh!t and registering just 1 shot on target was horrendous.  I thought we'd seen the back of these losing at home to far lesser team days.

:down:
Kopite-Jud

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Kopite-Jud » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:16 pm wrote:I know its early days but I'm somewhat sceptical about the 1st two home games of the season. 

We look like we've not learned from last season (Chelsea) and struggle against teams who lump men behind the ball.

I'm pleased with the Spurs and City (in parts) performances but at home we've been abysmal.

Villa are sh!t and registering just 1 shot on target was horrendous.  I thought we'd seen the back of these losing at home to far lesser team days.

To be fair to Southampton I wouldn't say they sat back, they took the game to us and gave us all we could handle. With 20 minutes to go in that game if you would have offered reds fans a draw most of them would have bitten your hand off.
We are obviously struggling a bit to find our identity post Suarez. We used to hit teams on the break but I think even towards the end of last season teams were already starting to get onto it and that was when Luis was still here.
Our attack used to do a lot of the heavy lifting but I think the defence and midfield need to step up to the plate now too, we can no longer afford to let in 3 goals and just assume we'll go down the other end and score 5. The midfield can't afford to let average teams boss us about too.
What we do have though is a lot of exciting young players and I'm absolutely 100% convinced that there is a potential title winning side in there somewhere. we just need time to figure out what that team is and how it should play.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Come on guys, let's just wait a few more games before we start making up problems.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:45 pm

I agree with Damjan - We could have lost this game last year if it wasnt for a dodgy penalty.

At the moment we are still introducing new faces in and that takes time. We have had quite a few injuries to contend with already.

We are still 2 points better of then we were last year

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:49 pm

We've won 18 of our last 22 home games. Shocking that.

Saturday was more about having a completely new frontline who'd never played together before and it showed.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:00 am

Kopite-Jud » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:16 pm wrote:I know its early days but I'm somewhat sceptical about the 1st two home games of the season. 

Good post thought about it myself a couple of day ago ,the explanation if found is pretty simple ,we are superb counter attack team very quick players which will punish any team going forward...And that is exactly what they do on away games...At home games we are the attacking team and that is why we are having problems handling those big numbers in defense..We still need to figure out how to break defensive teams as this is going to be the scenario most of the time...I'll start by ordering our FB's to touch the ball every time. We need to increase the space on the pitch...The other obvious solution is having mobile attackers ,Mario needs to move a lot more then he does today. The return of Daniel would help as well...
only me
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion